Sign in to follow this  
twiiqz

Gear-sync System

If you buy something from an other player-shop, the gear now gets synchronized to your current gear score.

So, if your gear score is 1500 (mid chaos3 tier) and you want to buy something, it gets downgraded to C1/C2.

Befor that hotfix I was able to buy C1 gear right after my AP reset. Now it gets downgraded to Campaign level. (so it`s pretty pointless to buy it) 

Conclusion : The synchroniz-system is just pointless and also a MASSIVE C1-C7 rush nerf. 

Who would use it? New player? Why should someone buy something, if it gets downgraded? 

Agreed. This is a pretty big stealth nerf to grinding AP quickly. I guess Trendy never intended for the trade system to be exploited for fast AP resets, so maybe this change was made to address this.

@ThatWelshOne quote:

Agreed. This is a pretty big stealth nerf to grinding AP quickly. I guess Trendy never intended for the trade system to be exploited for fast AP resets, so maybe this change was made to address this.

Seems very abusive if that's how people were cheating the system.

I'm surprised you weren't aware of this. A lot of players exploited this to cheese AP resets quickly, basically bypassing the C1-C7 grind after every reset. Some players were able to reset multiple times a day under the old onslaught system like this. 

Question, does it work both ways? If i buy a c4 piece and my gear score is over 8000, does it scale up to c7 stats?

@twiiqz quote:

If you buy something from an other player-shop, the gear now gets synchronized to your current gear score.

So, if your gear score is 1500 (mid chaos3 tier) and you want to buy something, it gets downgraded to C1/C2.

Befor that hotfix I was able to buy C1 gear right after my AP reset. Now it gets downgraded to Campaign level. (so it`s pretty pointless to buy it) 

Conclusion : The synchroniz-system is just pointless and also a MASSIVE C1-C7 rush nerf. 

Who would use it? New player? Why should someone buy something, if it gets downgraded? 

Are you sure it isn't just a graphical error?

I've done at least 2 resets since that change went in and didn't have any of the gear I bought downgraded.  You just have to buy 1 tier at a time until your gear score updates and gives you the achievement (ie. buy all your c1 gear and equip it, then your c2 gear, etc.).  Sometimes it will show the "this gear will be downgraded" UI by mistake, so exit back out of the menu and try looking at it again.

It was slow grinding before update now its terrible grinding /sync needs to go bad ideal / just another reason  for people to quit game and move on to different game 

I find the grind waaay Easier now. so i am not sure yer issue. i reset Upgrade 1 relic,  clear a floor or 2 of onslaught of which i Now Start at c6 difficulty floor 22.. and  then i am gtg