Sign in to follow this  
Paloverde zfogshooterz

Isle of Dread (and its secrets) discussion thread (spoilers beware)

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Holy! It's actually done! Thanks big time to you and Lagmonster and many more too! Congratz! 

Sequencing definitely did not cross my mind!

Okie, so..here's the secrets that we've found (in the order of its findings) :

1. Eldritch/Old One thing appearing at the crystal in a secret cave as a result of losing the map.

2. An eerie drawing of a menacing crystal with eyes and wings on top of the to right tower.

3. The sequence of activating the hanging skeletons with hats to enact "The Pirate Chantey" which will spawn the captain secret chest that you could use the key for. *Biggest secret so far*

Hmm...I wonder now, are they more secrets?

I guess this is a good time to bring up the fact that there are two pirate chantey audio files... 

Just some side notes :

The Skeleton captain's hidden chest will be spawning at the "dig" spot that will says "you dig and don't find anything of value" when you interact.

Also if we attempt this secret again after the first time, the chest will just only give the gold.

And.....

@gotrunks712 quote:

I guess this is a good time to bring up the fact that there are two pirate chantey audio files... 

Whew! That might be something.

For peeps who are curious on how the new flair would look, here's how it is:

(and it come with a small lore!)

ymqfIoK.jpg

(Man, I always wanted something tiki in this game! The island warboar and orc nailed it too. I hope there's more of that in the future.)

Since this is a great find, this (secret) might be featured on twitter in a day or two. It's pretty awesome that this thread did a week or two ago.

Well theres still a lot to figure out.
One of it being how we should have found the right sequence without shooting Skeletons in a random order.
Also what was the Crystal drawing?
Was it just an easter egg or should it mean something?

So theres still some cleaning up to do aside from perfecting the above named sequence.

Guess this thread will live a while longer in case we find stuff or get stuff confirmed by Trendys

@Randomroxas quote:

One of it being how we should have found the right sequence without shooting Skeletons in a random order.

So theres still some cleaning up to do aside from perfecting the above named sequence.

Guess this thread will live a while longer in case we find stuff or get stuff confirmed by Trendys

Don't think this thread is going down anytime soon actually, gotrunks said that there two pirate chanteys, maybe there's another sequence to go?

I'll be quite intrigued if the drawing actually have a secret mechanic at the tower. Seems more like a teaser of what's coming in the future. But then, the flair's lore did explains what's the old one doing in the island. So maybe another secret may explain this. Yep you're right, quite some cleaning up to do.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Randomroxas quote:

Don't think this thread is going down anytime soon actually, gotrunks said that there two pirate chanteys, maybe there's another sequence to go?

I'll be quite intrigued if the drawing actually have a secret mechanic at the tower. Seems more like a teaser of what's coming in the future. But then, the flair's lore did explains what's the old one doing in the island. So maybe another secret may explain this. Yep you're right, quite some cleaning up to do.

Just to save you all some headache, there is indeed another chant in the sound files. However, there is a whole lot of unused audio in those sound files as well. Elandrian confirmed today in Discord that once you find the flair you are done with the secret. So everyone get some sleep finally :P

I'm also here to save you all some headaches with this quick post, everything that we have found in game (and in files) ties in nicely with the current solution. The second chantey too, which I was able to trigger in-game.

Full post coming up soon.

Phew! That's nice to know.

I once was thinking that the secrets would be at one of the small body of lands outside of the island! Well since one of them is shown clear at the trailer. But didn't seem to make sense later as you can't get past the collision of death.

xruzQ75.png

Hey everyone! I was supposed to post this a bit earlier, when the topic was still relevant, but couldn't find enough time.
Here is the story behind finding the secret along with the credits, in a chronological order. For the sake of finishing this list today, mostly major discoveries are included.

Special credit goes to monodust and SDiarc for helping with technical side of the mystery.

And, of course, credits to people in the Mystery Squad Discord, who participated in the journey:
Lagmonster, SDiarc, monodust, Randomroxas, Random Persson, Snek (Luuk)🐍, Nigiri Toro, OxBow, Succ the Fabled, WizardWizard, Soxan, Big D_N_Lil J, moted, Shaidan, Sophisticus, undercoverturbo, Juicebags.

Lastly, a more personal thank you to SDiarc and Nathalie for help with composing and formatting this post.

If there is something I misspelled or you think it should be included, please complain about it below, I'll try to fix it whenever I can.

Stay in drugs, don't do vegetables and eat your school,
  Random Persson

Edited by Random Persson
Fixed links - were broken by forums being recoded

Last post, I swear.

I've tried a few more options and narrowed down the sequence to the shortest possible one. This is the true sequence:
minimap_paradise_marked_TheTrueSequence.

Since it's 5 actions long I've marked it on the image. No need for a code this time.