Sign in to follow this  
Paloverde zfogshooterz

Isle of Dread (and its secrets) discussion thread (spoilers beware)

@Random Persson quote:

Note 2: Next to red cap skeleton in the middle of the map (hanging from the ship's mast) there's a huge ladder-like wooden structure on the surface of the building. Walk into it on 45-degree angle from the north side and you can walk up the side of the ladder up to the skeleton height. Suggesting we need a non-double jump hero or non-flying hero? Or maybe it just helps to hit a smaller hitbox that may be there. I'm about to check, talk to you soon.

good find, except that the wall hitbox is stopping me from going up, any way around that?

@Random Persson quote:

Quick update, though I see someone else has already mentioned what I just found. Here's all the skeletons with hitboxes (except for one in the cave with black hat on, I'm lazy too sometimes).

BQS0STp.png

Now, the 2 bottom ones do not have a hat on. Here's the interesting part: light green one suddenly switched animations and sometimes freezes for a short while when shot at. Seems like there are specific tiny hitboxes within it hitbox that always trigger the same reaction. I was shooting with gunwitch's snipe and when you hit the trigger spot there's no sound of shooting. Note; The skeleton hitbox is slightly swaying, a bit less than the skeleton model,

There seems to be also a spot on the dark green skeleton that doesn't make a sound when shot at. No sudden changes in it's animation though.

after looking into the lower 2 without hats, there's an invisible wall under the bridge :P, the animation freezing/switching is just the end of it's animation cycle.

@luuk_111 quote:

@Random Persson quote:

Quick update, though I see someone else has already mentioned what I just found. Here's all the skeletons with hitboxes (except for one in the cave with black hat on, I'm lazy too sometimes).

BQS0STp.png

Now, the 2 bottom ones do not have a hat on. Here's the interesting part: light green one suddenly switched animations and sometimes freezes for a short while when shot at. Seems like there are specific tiny hitboxes within it hitbox that always trigger the same reaction. I was shooting with gunwitch's snipe and when you hit the trigger spot there's no sound of shooting. Note; The skeleton hitbox is slightly swaying, a bit less than the skeleton model,

There seems to be also a spot on the dark green skeleton that doesn't make a sound when shot at. No sudden changes in it's animation though.

after looking into the lower 2 without hats, there's an invisible wall under the bridge :P, the animation freezing/switching is just the end of it's animation cycle.

Oof, agreed, could have been coincidence.

Also, the gunwitch snipe sound not playing is happening when you hit the very edge of the bottom of their hitbox, probably a bug.

glitched into the spawn on one of the towers, could see under all the textures in it. Nothing there so I think we can rule this one tower out.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/316402042

I did find a hole in the map that you fall through.

From the spawn walk to the right side ramp of the ship.

Walk down the ramp and turn left and walk down the short ramp. Not the ramp the gobu use 

There's a small patch of sand at the bottom.  Walk slowly around left center of the area and you'll fall right through to your death. But if you're equipped with flight you get some time to look around.

@luuk_111 quote:

@Shogun0607 quote:

Incursion, solo here

missed this comment... somehow

Nice find!

not able to replicate it though...

@Random Persson quote:

I cannot trigger that animation. Any more details? Did you pick the hats up? Maybe in what order?

^

It was all on stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/316261173?t=4h36m50s.

@Lagmonster quote:

I did find a hole in the map that you fall through.

From the spawn walk to the right side ramp of the ship.

Walk down the ramp and turn left and walk down the short ramp. Not the ramp the gobu use 

There's a small patch of sand at the bottom.  Walk slowly around left center of the area and you'll fall right through to your death. But if you're equipped with flight you get some time to look around.

I also found it literally the first time I was on that map. Then I thought if it as a bug, but now I'm fairly sure it's left on purpouse. Allows some xray-ish exploration with flying heroes. There's also a safe spot to stand on south from the hole, on some rocks.

I'm super tired, haven't slept for the past 38 hours, that's why I'll leave this here.

Has anyone tried using they key on this chest? (directly on my cursor)
2pe64qJ.png

Uhm this may sound a little bit Crazy and a bit of a stretch but. 

Why is the  map colored?

Anyone feel like checking something out? As I'm at work and unable to do so?

Red,yellow,green,blue thepurple. Anyone feel like checkin skellies in that order?

@Lagmonster quote:

Why is the  map colored?

Red,yellow,green,blue thepurple. Anyone feel like checkin skellies in that order?

the actual map isnt colored I think, it's just for regions sake

@luuk_111 quote:

@Lagmonster quote:

Why is the  map colored?

On page 2 of this thread random person posted a what looks like an ingame screen shot of the map colored. I'm at work so I can't verify

@Lagmonster quote:

@luuk_111 quote:

@Lagmonster quote:

Why is the  map colored?

On page 2 of this thread random person posted a what looks like an ingame screen shot of the map colored. I'm at work so I can't verify

Tis not

cd7b67a94c0a955df880a82530108391.jpg

What are the requirements to have the skeletons do the animation? I’ve shot almost every skeleton with my gunwitch and apprentice and none of them had any animations. I did it in the incursion and expedition with and without inspecting all the hats before and with the key active too and nothing happened. 

Also, what’s the difference between adventure, expedition, and the incursion in regards to the easter eggs, i’m assuming a different one in each mode hence the “ONE of the secrets” in their tweet. 

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried to "activate" (maybe ice spike like in Sho's clip, or flying in place on them, or any other idea for "activating" them) the 4 hanging skeletons with the red caps at the end (loss) of maybe the 4th or 5th wave? All I can think about is the spooky event that required 4 people to be in position at the start of the 5th wave (I think that's how it worked), but since this secret seems to revolve around the loss of the map, maybe a full lobby of people need to be in position at the end of the wave.

One main thing that keeps me from thinking this may be a real idea is that I believe that at some point Trendy said this secret is something that they haven't done before (I could have made this memory up due to lack of sleep :P), but since they made a comment about the relation between the maps being on the right track (and how the X's might have some correlation to these skeletons) I thought this idea might not be completely stupid. Just a thought.

If anyone needs another person to try to attempt a theory about the secret, feel free to add me on Steam: RYL Twinkie or on Xbox: wrltheiv

Also, to add on - the map that the Pirate Woman Lady has has a picture of the boat on it. Now I saw a boat off to the side kinda where it shows on the map, but it’s not exact, the only thing that is exact is when you complete the level the short little cutscene, the get away boat that the harbinger and the pirate dude is spot on where the X is on the map... kinda like the treasure hunter lady knew where they would escape from, but idk if that’s just a coincidence or not 

@Lagmonster quote:

Why is the  map colored?

Since the maps aren't 100% the same shape, I colored them to show what regions I think correspond to each other and also to show the thought process behind claiming resemblance between them - different shades of green were mostly for the latter. I did provide a link to imgur page with all of the resources I made in that first elaborate post. It contains the uncolored map.

Welp, time to watch the replay of Akanbar's stream..

Why would a place made to talk about DD2 not be good for talking about DD2 :thinking:

@luuk_111 quote:

@Exglint quote:

Why would a place made to talk about DD2 not be good for talking about DD2 :thinking:

Discord is just quicker

Meant for the new discord to overtake #Tavern chat. Kaoe split this to #Tavern for DD2 related things and #Behind-The-Bar for offtopic chatter and these updates give a nice boost to the amount of DD2 talk so why would you want to make another discord to lessen that?