Sign in to follow this  
Paloverde zfogshooterz

Isle of Dread (and its secrets) discussion thread (spoilers beware)

@KoningJesse_1e quote:

Ive been searching through the whole map now, ive only found the hats and key so far. 

Could it be some kind of sequence in which you have to inspect the hats? I remember in dungeon defenders 1 there was a map to get Obsidian swords. There you had to do a secret press a certian sequence of turtles to get loot.

I thimk its the case here too

that might be it, but then wouldnt there be a clue on what the sequence was? (for example numbers or ABCs near the hats)

@luuk_111 quote:

@KoningJesse_1e quote:

Ive been searching through the whole map now, ive only found the hats and key so far. 

Could it be some kind of sequence in which you have to inspect the hats? I remember in dungeon defenders 1 there was a map to get Obsidian swords. There you had to do a secret press a certian sequence of turtles to get loot.

that might be it, but then wouldnt there be a clue on what the sequence was? (for example numbers or ABCs near the hats)

Yeah thats true, that was also used in the previous dd. But i just can’t think of anything else to do with the hats

There are also golden artifacts near some treasure. You can't "inspect" them, but they do seem to stand out. On the top of one building is a golden helmet and a golden Dodo bird. Odd. I swear i can see some kind of golden armor under the ship too, in that blue section that we cannot seem to access yet. 

There’s a treasure map on top of the big pile of treasure in the new map ... but I can’t tell if it responds to anything. 

Also, noticed yesterday from the Incursion pop-ups that the Treasure Pirate’s hat has a key on it and that she has agreed with the heroes to keep all the non-Eternia loot. Maybe that’s relevant?

@IrianaStrix quote:

There’s a treasure map on top of the big pile of treasure in the new map ... but I can’t tell if it responds to anything. 

Also, noticed yesterday from the Incursion pop-ups that the Treasure Pirate’s hat has a key on it and that she has agreed with the heroes to keep all the non-Eternia loot. Maybe that’s relevant?

that might also be it, we are looking at HER treasure, maybe we're looking in the wrong place?

@IrianaStrix quote:

That's the same treasure map that hangs in the Tavern and can be also found in the Town, that's the reason I didn't analyze it yet, but who knows, maybe it is related to the problem.

About Jaws_420's golden artifacts, they don't have a collision box, I don't think they're relevant.

Now, here's what I've been doing today (no conclusion unfortunately, just some stuff I noticed).

I compared the Treasure Hunter's map to the minimap of the Plunderer's Paradise.
GOyeYoq.png

You probably hope for something useful to come out of these X's on the map. So did I. First off, they do not show the hat locations, even though there are exactly 6 of them - same as keyless hats. The best resemblance I found is to some of the hanging skeletons on the map (and still, it's not too accurate). That's why I made a map of the hanging skeletons:
9xgbGP6.png

Legend:
green - without hat
  light green - hanging upside down by the feet
  dark green - hanging normally
red - red hat
pink - same hat as clickable hats
  lighter pink - actually clickable hat; this skeleton isn't even hanging, but I thought why not put it in anyways
Please do not take that last one out of context.

Also, random idea (since Trendy said they did something they've never done before): Maybe there's a way to take the key "effect" to the ship map, where there's only one chest with a lock on it. Or maybe not, but that chest is still a bit conspicuous. It's behind the Treasure Hunter, slightly to the right if I remember correctly.

I've made the map of hat locations too (sorry Soph, yours was a bit inaccurate :p
IY9kiM5.png

Lastly, I've isolated the crystal drawing from the background, no idea whether that's useful, but I did it so here it is.
OrVHjdm.png

EDIT: Fixed the images. Well, here's the link to all the stuff above and more: https://imgur.com/a/rvLZHqy

EDIT2: I have also tried opening the win chest with the key. Nothing.

that's a lot of good information, I sadly dont see how it helps any forward in the quest to see what the key does though.
good job on picture stuffs!

really hope we can figure something out soon/ Trendo gives a hint

@KoningJesse_1e quote:

Well, Juicebags did say that he spoke with a Dev and this secret is something Trendy has never done before.  Although that secret was on a community made map that won a contest, so Trendy didn't make it either.  I'm thinking it's not as simple as something we've seen previously.

@gotrunks712 quote:

@KoningJesse_1e quote:

Well, Juicebags did say that he spoke with a Dev and this secret is something Trendy has never done before.  Although that secret was on a community made map that won a contest, so Trendy didn't make it either.  I'm thinking it's not as simple as something we've seen previously.

Oh! Well, in that case I won't hold back :3 I had a few ideas, which I didn't follow up on, because I thought that they're not in the style of Trendy.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Izanami quote:

@ufolouco quote:

Generally, treasures are buried, marked by an X on the map. lol

There's legit a couple red X's on the map. 

Though if you do occasionally see them appear all around the map (not simultaneously) for certain times, those "X"s marks where Captain Dreadbones' gonna spawn next.

Yeah, they do look extremely similar to those one the map, but mr. Deadbones spawn locations don't overlap with the red X's on the map, at least not most of them.
nAwFtDa.pngk4T7qpp.png

So, someone told me that if u shoot the hanging skeletons wearing red hats with a roadsign staff (apprendice) u will get an animation. could someone pls confirm that ? i dont have this staff

@Random Persson quote:

Now, here's what I've been doing today (no conclusion unfortunately, just some stuff I noticed).

I compared the Treasure Hunter's map to the minimap of the Plunderer's Paradise.
GOyeYoq.png

You probably hope for something useful to come out of these X's on the map. So did I. First off, they do not show the hat locations, even though there are exactly 6 of them - same as keyless hats. The best resemblance I found is to some of the hanging skeletons on the map (and still, it's not too accurate). That's why I made a map of the hanging skeletons:
9xgbGP6.png

Legend:
green - without hat
  light green - hanging upside down by the feet
  dark green - hanging normally
red - red hat
pink - same hat as clickable hats
  lighter pink - actually clickable hat; this skeleton isn't even hanging, but I thought why not put it in anyways
Please do not take that last one out of context.

4 of the red Xs are the same as skellies wearing a red hat
3 of the Xs are pirate hats

not sure how this helps

was about to post similar thing. 4 Xs mark red hats. 1 X marks dig spot. Only one I cant place is X on the bridge in red section. There are rwo skellys there black hat and bald

@KeusLey quote:

So, someone told me that if u shoot the hanging skeletons wearing red hats with a roadsign staff (apprendice) u will get an animation. could someone pls confirm that ? i dont have this staff

did someone try this yet?

So I just tried to shoot the Skeleton with the pirate hat hanging under the bridge, and it had an animation

@Lagmonster quote:

Just a thought is the map that the treasure pirate is looking at on the jacked sparrow the same as the others? 

The Pirate is looking at the map with red Xs

[EDITED]

Quick update, though I see someone else has already mentioned what I just found. Here's all the skeletons with hitboxes (except for one in the cave with black hat on, I'm lazy too sometimes).

IVWdlpL.png

Now, the 2 bottom ones do not have a hat on. Here's the interesting part: light green one suddenly switched animations and sometimes freezes for a short while when shot at. Seems like there are specific tiny hitboxes within it hitbox that always trigger the same reaction. I was shooting with gunwitch's snipe and when you hit the trigger spot there's no sound of shooting. Note; The skeleton hitbox is slightly swaying, a bit less than the skeleton model,

There seems to be also a spot on the dark green skeleton that doesn't make a sound when shot at. No sudden changes in it's animation though.

Note: The 4 red skeletons, dark pink one and the not pictured one almost perfectly fir the X markings from Treasure Hunter's map using the map-minimap comparison I posted earlier.
This is it. This is what we're looking for.

Note 2: Next to red cap skeleton in the middle of the map (hanging from the ship's mast) there's a huge ladder-like wooden structure on the surface of the building. Walk into it on 45-degree angle from the north side and you can walk up the side of the ladder up to the skeleton height. Suggesting we need a non-double jump hero or non-flying hero? Or maybe it just helps to hit a smaller hitbox that may be there. I'm about to check, talk to you soon.

EDIT: It was Adventure on Normal, after winning, win chest not opened, none of the hats touched.