Sign in to follow this  
Faking

XP nerfed again?

So after the last patch I noticed that XP got nerfed by about 15% and there was a thread about it and we all moaned and they said they would look into it.  I don't see anything in the patch notes about XP being restored  but I do notice it says

Fixed an issue where Consecutive Win Bonus XP was being multiplied by Ancient Power an additional time

So I really don't understand this.  It looks like another XP nerf.  When I play with my mate who has no ancient power on a c7 map after 4 maps I get about 13.5 million XP and he get 7.5 million XP even though I am meant to get a 100% XP bonus as I am ancient power 20.  After this next patch it looks like I will get even less.  Anyone able to explain this XP bonus thing?

I believe they simply changed the xp earned with ap from being multiplicative to just stackable.

Before it would work like this:

(100% (map) + 20% (win bonus) ) * 1.5 (AP10)

(100+20)*1.5 = 180%

whereas now it should work like this:

100+20+50 = 170%

Might be wrong here, but i believe that is what they were aiming for and the math seems to check out roughly with the numbers u gave (6.1m xp vs 6.2m from map itself)

It's something that we fixed earlier with a hotfix, but was not properly reported. You still earn the same amount of XP you were earning before the release of Isle of Dread.