Sign in to follow this  
SELL SW0RD

Is the AP grind harder now?

When comparing the old AP grind to the new, am I correct that it is going to be harder?  In the old system, I had to beat floors 55 through 65. That was 27 different maps. And those 27 maps never got any harder. In the new system, I will need to beat 30 maps. And they will get harder with each reset. Is this correct?

PC player - but the answer is YES Emoji_Monk.png

But after 30 resets the difficulty Caps between Floor 50 to 80.... so ... congrats to all those who Resetted 100 times already in the easy system, now  we have to catch up by more and more hours.

well, now you start with floor 1 and only need to hit 30.

every win is a floor. so now you dont have to fear loses or dcs.

i think the progression will be way faster earlier and about the same later. the price is less onslaught floors.

For the AP weapons, if we are at floor 31 currently, can we just play floors 10, 20, and 30 to get them, or must we replay 1-30 to get them? Anyone test this?

@Jaws_420 quote:

For the AP weapons, if we are at floor 31 currently, can we just play floors 10, 20, and 30 to get them, or must we replay 1-30 to get them? Anyone test this?

i think, you need to reset, if you want to get the rewards from certain floors again.

Rewards:  Since players are facing a greater challenge faster, we wanted rewards that reflected overcoming said challenges. Now every 10 floors, players receive an Prestigious Weapon, with a guarantee on their unique Mods to roll a five or higher!

but hey, you can go for 40, 50 and so on. in the stream they said, it would be every 10 until 100 and every 20 after.

@Jaws_420 quote:

It depends. If you reset, and your minimum floor is 31, then you only need to do floors 10, 20, and 30. It's not retroactive currently. If this isn't the case, let me know! :)

in the old AP system, as soon as I hit a certain champion score and beat a C7 map, floor 55 automatically unlocked. Is there a corresponding floor unlock feature in the new system?  Probably not, but I needed to ask. 

@SELL SW0RD quote:

in the old AP system, as soon as I hit a certain champion score and beat a C7 map, floor 55 automatically unlocked. Is there a corresponding floor unlock feature in the new system?  Probably not, but I needed to ask. 

Yes, though it's scaled down.

With both the 1-floor system, and the "oh crap I died, rewind to last wave" system, progressing AP will be much faster and easier.  At least, I suspect so.  The individual waves will be harder, but not overwhelmingly so.  In any case, you can just cycle maps until you get something that's favorable.