Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

PS4 people: Any nerfs we should know about?

Since PS4 gets to try the update before everyone else; I would like to know:

Heard a rumor that "Boom servo is nerfed to hell" Is there any truth to this rumor? Any other nerfs we should know about, before spending medals tinkering mods that we might not want after tomorrow?

M.

boom mods took a big hit, WM took a decent hit it is not quite as OP anymore but still a useable tower, archers look to have gotten a big boost to their base dps mine went up by nearly 1m. have not tried bees yet had planned for a big nerf to them so I had prepped to be dryad free for this update.

@ajantis619 quote:

boom mods took a big hit, WM took a decent hit it is not quite as OP anymore but still a useable tower, archers look to have gotten a big boost to their base dps mine went up by nearly 1m. have not tried bees yet had planned for a big nerf to them so I had prepped to be dryad free for this update.

Is it the shocking mod or the WM itself that got the hammer?

@ajantis619 quote:

Bees didnt get nerfed, just a max of three bees can attack a target at the same time now, and bees from the same nest can attack the same target(previously only one bee per nest good attack a target)

Another update, jacked sparrow is an easy map but is intimidating at first due to its size. Also looks like they are still shoving ancient temple down our throats and that we will be forced to play that map in onslaught (don't know how often yet)

What's the Grim Corsair's other modes!? I have to know! Screenshots anyone please? :)

Also, where are the sewers maps located on the World Map? (At least for Expeditions)

@ajantis619 quote:

Thanks goodness I have an Anti-Chaos servo lying around ;)

@ajantis619 quote:

Also looks like they are still shoving ancient temple down our throats and that we will be forced to play that map in onslaught (don't know how often yet)

The Lost Temple will always be there. It's one of the main features for onslaught. And if I'm not mistaken, I think It'll be at every four floors (four maps).

@024noi quote:

Melee boom still good. WM change. Nodes work like FA. U can't slap down all 3 close together.

Can you describe how far apart they must be?

Their damage radius just like FA as far as i can tell. Nimbus broken. Mine weren't that good. Now they do over 8mill damage. At 4 hits per sec they dps at over 30 mill. They melt rollers for gods sake.

Edit: tested on dummys. Tier 1 nimbus dps 12 mill. 51k medallion, 100 ascension pts, .25 attack rate.

@024noi quote:

Their damage radius just like FA as far as i can tell. Nimbus broken. Mine weren't that good. Now they do over 8mill damage. At 4 hits per sec they dps at over 30 mill. They melt rollers for gods sake.

Edit: tested on dummys. Tier 1 nimbus dps 12 mill. 51k medallion, 100 ascension pts, .25 attack rate.

Trendy is telling us to spam onslaught immediately. tier1 12 mio dps ... hello my dryad, how are you doing?

Mote drops greatly increased. Got 20 in one jacked sparrow map

Edit: also drop on all 5 waves, got over 20 on last map i played

@interval quote:

How much is the Gem mine?

I second this

Sad to hear about WM placement nerf. On lower chaos levels, that may now require a blockade to cap it in Mastery. I loved putting all 3 in 1 spot... Ugh... Seems like the Hornets and the Nimbus got buffed. I guess Dryad meta is back on again. I'm excited to look into some of those balance changes later. Would love for any of those under used def to become relevant...

use range shards on wm (protip- wm max range is 2000 and u need double range shards and a range mod to hit it ), and circles overlap like crazy. Works just like before but now you need to put nodes about three character widths apart ( i make a triangle, works well).

Boom shards are still great, for early to mid onslaught seems better then before (melee boom 909k, enemy specific like gobu boom 1.8 mil).

Compared to explosion dmg seen on bosses those numbers are the numbers we would have seen somewhere between floor 400-500 in the previous onslaught floor system

@024noi quote:

Glitch in gilded power transfer is whats causing 12 mill dps nimbus. With out they do 400k.

Looks like the already patched it this morning according to the notes on the forum today. 

@ThatWelshOne quote:

The gem mine is £8.99 for UK people. Not sure how much that is in USD and other currencies. 

That is about $12 USD for 3000 gems. I did not check the PSN price yet as the game store did not list the price in the menu (whereas most do) and just had 1 button that says "buy it", and i was not ready to buy it yet. 

WM - node placement is deeply affected by this update. You have to spread out the nodes now. As recommended above - if you make a triangle pattern, you can get 3 in close proximity to each other. However - it is not initially quick or easy to do that. The amount of time the nodes are red when trying to place them seems oddly high, and then suddenly it seems to go green for no reason. It feels wonky now. I am okay with the change for the spacing, but i am not thrilled about how difficult placing the nodes appears to have become. Before, you could slap down all 3 nodes super fast and easy, making its use on things like Mastery 30 sec stages possible. With this new update, you really have to aim to get that triangle pattern just right, and it eats up a lot of unnecessary aiming time. Maybe i just need to memorize the pattern better, but it feels off to me. Several times i had a node (usually the 3rd one) and it was just red almost everywhere, and in places that made no sense to me. Needs more testing. That all being said - it still worked just fine as a def in battle, so overall the change is not a major nerf in any way. 

PSN store has all new bundles. Mostly the same stuff in them - gems, myth def packs, same pet offered. What did change was the name of the bundle (and your history of buying it - so you can buy the same pack again now), and the title being offered is new. The biggest news though - PSN sale!!!!! All bundles are half off right now. Go snatch one up - $100 pack on sale for $50? Deal. I am sad that this sale was not announced here on the DD2 forums, as the only reason i even found this deal was pure dumb luck. Please communicate sales on the forums!!! the likelihood of me buying something goes up dramatically if i know what is on sale. One last piece of feed back on the sale - the $100 bundle title...sucks, sorry. The title the last $100 bundle offered was awesome - "The Titan", and i was really looking forward to buying that bundle and getting that tile. I almost never use titles as i find most too simple or contrived. The title in the revised pack is now "The Royal" and i find that wholly underwhelming. That title does not feel befit of the money spent on that pack, as opposed to the last title. The one with the new $50 pack "Unstoppable" is better. Really a shame. That Royal title will sit forever on my shelf, unused. I really REALLY wish i could exchange the Royal title for the Titan one. Very sad... 

FYI - Onslaught progress for me was reduced to about half. I was on 66, now on 32 i think. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

WM - node placement is deeply affected by this update. You have to spread out the nodes now. As recommended above - if you make a triangle pattern, you can get 3 in close proximity to each other. However - it is not initially quick or easy to do that. The amount of time the nodes are red when trying to place them seems oddly high, and then suddenly it seems to go green for no reason. It feels wonky now. I am okay with the change for the spacing, but i am not thrilled about how difficult placing the nodes appears to have become. Before, you could slap down all 3 nodes super fast and easy, making its use on things like Mastery 30 sec stages possible. With this new update, you really have to aim to get that triangle pattern just right, and it eats up a lot of unnecessary aiming time. Maybe i just need to memorize the pattern better, but it feels off to me. Several times i had a node (usually the 3rd one) and it was just red almost everywhere, and in places that made no sense to me. Needs more testing. That all being said - it still worked just fine as a def in battle, so overall the change is not a major nerf in any way. 

Yeah, it feels more like a reverse QOL. Let´s make it a pain to place.... gameplay was too fluid!

They should have a ring like FA when placing to make it easier/faster. Also does the base really need the placement range? It don't do damage so what does it matter how close it is to nodes.

@024noi quote:

They should have a ring like FA when placing to make it easier/faster. Also does the base really need the placement range? It don't do damage so what does it matter how close it is to nodes.

I agree and like that idea. I also find it odd that the base restricts node placement. Seems to serve no function other than messing with us during layout.