A bit confuse on how people value diamonds

Hello.

I would like to know, is it the way people value diamonds changed ?

3 years ago, as far as i know, people usually value diamonds 4-5 for a non-capping diamond, 8-10 for a single-capping diamond (tdmg) and 15 for a double-capping diamonds (either thp or trate), regardless either is it upgraded or not.

Now, i see people looking (clean/non-upgraded/single-cap) in diamonds. Why?

This kind of value would make my diamonds rendered useless for trading, as all of them are upgraded.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

@+|Mr.BOB|+ quote:

Hello.

I would like to know, is it the way people value diamonds changed ?

3 years ago, as far as i know, people usually value diamonds 4-5 for a non-capping diamond, 8-10 for a single-capping diamond (tdmg) and 15 for a double-capping diamonds (either thp or trate), regardless either is it upgraded or not.

Now, i see people looking (clean/non-upgraded/single-cap) in diamonds. Why?

This kind of value would make my diamonds rendered useless for trading, as all of them are upgraded.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Wanting clean/nonupgraded diamonds, its just being specific.. or picky in my eyes. All it does is hurt the potential buyers as many people have only a few and utilize them (upgraded or forged). Continuing to be picky may work out for all parties, but certainly cuts down chances of a successful sale, especially with wonky diamond pricing dependent on colors. To be fair, I am guilty of this as well because sometimes you just want to know what you get, and not get 5 uncolored, noncaps with 600~ stats. And thats ok, I know many people didn't want to trade because it wasn't 

Best practice, be sure to avoid auctions you don't want to indulge that person with, or try and negotiate something you believe to be more fair with what you own. All it is, is a selective community being selective. 

I can see 2 reasons

- 1st, a non-upgraded diamond can be upgrade in different way, someone that don't want to "cap" them but to make a specific high diamond in all stats or in any
-2nd, an item that is unupgraded always worth slightly more, cuz you can choose the way you want to up it obviously
-3rd reason is size, Diamonds are clearly AMAZING, and people often use them to decorate taverns, a diamond that is upgraded can be bigger than the same version before upgrading, thats why i got some amazing diamonds un-upgraded, even on my heroes.

Apart from that i think "clear" mean item checked, and i don't think people want more 1capped diamond than 2capped one

A reason why 1cap diamond could be preferred against a 2cap is that back in the days, 2capped were duped/hacked a lot, that's why people may trust more a 1cap than a 2cap even both ICed

Apart from that when you see price, like in my last auction 3/8/14, if people put prices like this its to make people pay more in other items/currency than diamond.