Sign in to follow this  
Martin Arcainess

Walls? End game worthy or not?

Just a few off the top of my head:

-Walls are not needed once you figure out how to play.

-No walls means more DU for damaging defenses, CC or for more expensive builds you wanna try out.

-Don´t have to worry about mobs leeching/vampiring on your walls.

-And a personal favourite: Mobs with the mutator "phased" have nothing to phase through but are just slow:)

I still use walls on rare occasions, headstrong mutator being one. But also for hex throwers if there is a sub objective nearby and I can direct more than one lane to the wall, to save on multiple reflect beams. Plus it's still satisfying to see my spike blockades tear off assassins

Blah blah I still use walls in every Lane and then some.  right now with the state of the lost temple's pathing. I by default now slap down a wasted 30du  wall,  just to avoid the inevitable fail on wave 5. That one gobu doest play by the rules.

Jokes aside I still use walls in all lanes not to block or hold, but as kind of a warning system to which lanes are having issues. It does also help to have just a few extra seconds to get to the lane on the other side of the map. Solo 300's even with my walls at a 10mil+ on set down they're tissue paper.

I use mystic walls but thats more for assassin removal or means of tossing up mobs up to skyguards to finish of. Don't use others at all.

@HolyBadman quote:

I still use wall to stop enemies wich "Headstrong" mutator, or as "Power Pylon" buff, or to slow down bosses.

Forgot about power pylon, i use them for that as well sometimes

Use Destructive Pylon in Bees instead... due to its range and versatility you can buff virtually everything else on the map, stacks with Mass Destruction also.

maybe the real problem is you can never set a 30 DU wall and have it be enough to reliably do its job. if you need to put 60 DU down, you might as well drop 1 more damage tower and that'll work even better and you'll never have to repair anything :P (suck it dog, i'm back!)

also another problem with walls in this game, is they're supposed to slow up the enemy to take more damage from the defenses, but upon reaching a wall all the enemies fan out and there aren't any enemies that AREN'T attacking really. if all the enemies are attacking then you're getting no value out of clumping/slowing really

and finally, repairing a wall costs money. making a slow/stun trap is pretty much set and forget

so... lots of areas where walls just suck :(