Sign in to follow this  
ajantis619

Training room

Would love to see a training room with some more situational dummies added. would be nice if all towers effected dummies but we could also use dummies that die and reset to test boom servos, dummies with a geo shield around them, maybe a broken down siegeroller dummy so we can see more effectively what hits them.

I personally do most of my testing in the field. I feel that a feature like this isn't quite useful enough to see use beyond a small initial rush. If I want to see how useful my melee booms and whatnot would be vs. a horde of goblins, what better to test it on than a horde of goblins? Having a training room to fully test out towers in specific situations would require a ridiculous amount of player input, too. To the point where, in the time you spent to set the enemy level, lane modifiers, and all the little details, you could have simply done an actual field test. Sure, you may not get that little DPS indicator, but that's not really a necessity if the only thing you actually need to know is "will this work?". It's a cool idea on paper, but I honestly think it would be 99% dead content, sorta like Markets.

Testing on live maps is an issue because it does not give you the numbers, yes in a sense you can see if something is effective or not however it is impossible to tell how effective without numbers.

This something i agree with and have asked for in the past. There are countless things i want to test that dummies are inadequate for. Especially with mods now. I've tried to do some in the field - frigging impossible, and it really shouldn't have to be this hard. Combined with that, the fact that this games lacks a decent guide or website that explains how it actually works, and this training room idea sounds more and more like a necessity to me.

We need to be able to setup and enemy much like a fighting game testing room. Enemy is - walking, running, flying, stopped. They are doing nothing, moving, or attacking. Then a counter that adds up all damage, and even breaks down what damage was attributed to eack shard and mod equipped. Which unit they are, what action they take, and how they move - all would benefit us in that mode. 

I'll give a great example. Just got the mod that does spike damage when you block. I've tried so many ways to test it in the field with zero success. Far as i know it doesn't work. Too many things i have to 'trust' that work in a game that does not explain how it works. Seems a disconnect there. We need 1 or the other IMO - better explanations on everything, or better ways to test.