Sign in to follow this  
Rainfire4239

1st AP reset before or after update

I'm not sure if it's going to be better to do my first  prestige before or after the next update. I am currently ascension 890 and on floor 126. If I rest now my talent cap goes up 77 and min ascension is 231. I didn't  see anything in the latest blog about how the talent cap and min ascension will be affected by changing the floor system.

Any advice info would be appreciated 

I'm waiting to reset till the update comes out. That way i can reset my floors and hunt AP weapons every 10 floors. Also wanna see how the new progression feels starting on floor 1 and going all the way up in onslaught instead of jumping through the expedition tiers in a couple hours.

I have been on the fence about this for some time as well. I’m at ascension 800, floor 170. Everyday, I stare at the reset button and think about pressing it. So far, I’ve decided to abstain until we have all the details of the upcoming changes. 

If I heard it right with the new system your talent cap goes up by 12 every time you reset.  Also ascension will be irrelevant with the new system as you seem to just have to hit a certain onslaught floor level to gain ancient power.  Feel free to correct me if you heard differently.

I would reset now.

And where did you hear this? It's certainly not in the dev logs.

@Faking quote:

If I heard it right with the new system your talent cap goes up by 12 every time you reset.  Also ascension will be irrelevant with the new system as you seem to just have to hit a certain onslaught floor level to gain ancient power.  Feel free to correct me if you heard differently.

I would reset now.

It was on the last Friday fun stream. But Jose wasn't talking about caps. Minimum Ascension increases to 12 per floor, instead of 3. Increased difficulty brings better rewards. Ascension will be relevant come the update. Range, speed and damage is always relevant. But you could argue not a necessity after a certain amount. All depends on what you're looking to grind out, high floors defiantly. Ap not so much.

As far as to reset now or later?  From the sound of it it's not going to matter all that much. 

I would reset whenever you feel ready to do so. Don't bother about some update coming, it might or might not change that much for you. The only difference I can think of is that the pet levels will not reset. But then again, who cares about pets anyway, since they are mostly useless.

On the 259th floor, the button for obtaining the ancient powers looks like a history-erasing button (and loot).
The only plus I can only find is that after the update the game will remember how high I climbed, so this is my option

im finished APing but if i were to start now, I would wait till patch. The current system is horrible. Everything they put out about the new system is much better.