Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

High level players bossing around low level games

I recently did a new account to test the new tutorial and campaign progress, which @Trendy I must say was very smooth, informative and I enjoyed.

Being a bit impatient I jumped Adventures and went into C1 only to find higher level players monstering in and slapping down higher tier towers which destroy the mobs and make the game boring and skewed for the 'real' players in that tier.

Could Trendy look at putting in a max gear score lock on games similar to the min gear score so people who want to play the game legit can do so?

They could not do that with the way the game is currently, highly geared players need to backtrack in order to farm their low tier shards.

@ajantis619 quote:

They could not do that with the way the game is currently, highly geared players need to backtrack in order to farm their low tier shards.

They, of course can do so, but if player X wants to set max gear score of 1200 on their C1 game they should be able to.

I've learned that when joining a lower tier match, which is anything not c7 for a lot of us, that i should never build unless the host gives me all the mana. I let them decide if they want my level of help. And then if u do build - ensure to leave a gap between the spawn point and the lane, so that the other players have room to do something. Don't slap WM and auras right on the spawn! The only other time i build is if the current team is in danger of immanent defeat, especially if def start going down. I'll place a single aura that will turn the tide. 

Same goes with DPS support. I don't kill bosses until they pass a certain point, and i don't take over lane support with my hero. Mostly i hang back and help where things are weakest. 

That is...unless i am hosting. Then it might be all spawn humps, because i need efficientcy more. 

That all being said, a top GS cap sounds like a good idea to me.

@Fozzie quote:

Could Trendy look at putting in a max gear score lock on games similar to the min gear score so people who want to play the game legit can do so?

Good point Emoji_Apprentice.png i was thinking about this too, but didn't find a good reason why we should have a max gear.

@Fozzie quote:

Being a bit impatient I jumped Adventures and went into C1 only to find higher level players monstering in and slapping down higher tier towers which destroy the mobs and make the game boring and skewed for the 'real' players in that tier.

If you were joining another person's game then you should expect the towers to be at whatever strength the player who created the game wants to use.  

In my opinion, adding a max gear lock to games is both redundant and will only serve to further push players into playing solo.   As the situation is now, you have two ways to resolve your problem.   The first the way is to  create a game yourself and therefore guarantee that the towers are at a strength that doesn't just one shot everything [most of the older players are polite and act in the same way that Jaws_420 explained in a post above].   The second way is for whoever creates the game to edit the name so that people joining know whether the person who created it is farming or not.

@Fozzie quote: 'real' players in that tier.

You might not realize it, but its actually more efficient to farm certain mods at lower tiers because mods that you might not want don't drop below certain chaos tiers.   The result is that you limit number of unwanted mods that can drop as that perfect mod that you are farming for. [I should also mention that the current chances of getting mods are increased in multiplayer since you get more legendary drops from chests with more players in the game, which means that making a private game to farm is less efficient]

--A good example of what I'm referring to is the Tenacity mod.   Tenacity starts doping in CII, meaning that you can cut out about 22 other trinket mods that could drop in place of it.   Thus by farming for it in CII, you are  increasing the chance that your perfect mod drop (if you get one) inst a mod other then tenacity.--

In other words, with how the game is designed, there are no "'real' players" for any particular tier.

In case anyone has doubts about what I said above, I farmed some CII for a while after this post....proof is in the picture right?

b70pLch.jpg

Would help regulate players.. But whats to stop my freshly reset C1 account with a gear score of 650 and my WM which are at C7 from joining and doing the same thing?

But yeh, i do think there should be an option when creating a game to limit if players can join by; Min Gear Score, Max Gear Score, or players with Ancient Powers..

if your joining others why are you moaning, if they join your game and build i could understand and locking out by gear score with do nothing coz i have low gear score and have max towers but i never join other peoples games, i leave my game open in case someone wants to be carried

If I join another person's game, I would only do what they ask of me (upgrade towers, repair). But if they want me to build then i do so. I always do what the person who created the game wants us to do.

@Jaws_420 quote:

I've learned that when joining a lower tier match, which is anything not c7 for a lot of us, that i should never build unless the host gives me all the mana. I let them decide if they want my level of help. And then if u do build - ensure to leave a gap between the spawn point and the lane, so that the other players have room to do something. Don't slap WM and auras right on the spawn! The only other time i build is if the current team is in danger of immanent defeat, especially if def start going down. I'll place a single aura that will turn the tide. 

Same goes with DPS support. I don't kill bosses until they pass a certain point, and i don't take over lane support with my hero. Mostly i hang back and help where things are weakest. 

That is...unless i am hosting. Then it might be all spawn humps, because i need efficientcy more. 

That all being said, a top GS cap sounds like a good idea to me.

I am in no way a top player but Jaws you hit the nail on the head. Putting your stuff right by the spawn makes it not enjoyable for anyone. Many times I ask people who are at a lower level if they want me to open up a lane. sometimes people just want to run around and shoot stuff. instead, I just give them backup to help them not lose cause that's what they really want, to have fun and not lose.