Sign in to follow this  
Nefhith

Now THAT's a patch!

I'll go straight to the point:

We now made it so that instead of getting a ton of extra loot, you’re guaranteed to get additional legendaries when playing multiplayer. Here’s how it’s going to look:

• Two Players:  Two additional legendaries guaranteed, with a chance at a third!

• Three Players:  Four additional legendaries guaranteed, with a chance at a fifth!

• Four Players:  Six additional legendaries guaranteed, with a chance at a seventh!

With this change there is now less strain on inventory, guaranteed better loot drops, and since they are all legendaries, guaranteed additional chances at getting some perfect "Qualibean" mods! Since you're getting less total items when playing multiplayer now (when compared to before the hotfix), we increased the sale prices on items to compensate this change. We also added in some additional goodness to multiplayer bonuses as well. Now when playing together, you’ll also receive more experience points:

• Two Players:  33% additional experience points!

• Three Players:  66% additional experience points!

• Four Players:  99% additional experience points!

I have to say, that after so many misses on patches, Trendy nailed this one. Putting selling prices back at their original setting and giving coop players more, fixed rewards is what a lot of people has been waiting for, and the most important part? It doesn't touch single player; it only "buffs" coop gameplay. Last patch giving players more drops in exchange of lowering prices was a HUGE miss (as Lawlta mentioned, getting a chestful of greens/blues wasn't nice at all).

The only thing I'm waiting for is what are they going to do with inventory management  (see: Material vaults, what the hell?), and what's going to happen to the material vault (in my opinion, using poor inventory management capabilities to almost force players to buy more bags/vault pages/material vault is a horrendous choice, and I prefer the old inventory system (the vertical scrolling bags with either 16 or 32 slots of storage) than the new one.

Why do I think inventory management could be better, and know Trendy *can* do it better?

• Using DD1 as an example, inventory was so massive you could say it was infinite. You could make named folders (and more folders inside those folders!), and give them names. You could easily drag and drop from one to the other with one of the smoothest inventory management systems I've ever seen in a game.
  • With the previous example, and all this "advanced tech" (from prothean shift) as an excuse, inventory could be ported to a version of what we had in DD1. Change "slots" to "capacity" (make  and let us make our own folders/bags. Instead of having 4 bags with 64 slots, give us a capacity of 256 items and let us place everything wherever we want.
  • Stackable shards. Ever since shards came out, inventory clutter has been a real issue. Add materials and mods and you have the worst case of forced inventory clutter in video game history. Make it a book in-game or whatever. A list with all our shards sorting each type from lowest to highest level so we can easily pick would be a huge advancement. Add a proper material bag (we won't talk about the issues here, see the thread I linked earlier in this post, but an auto-collect as soon as you get it would be a huge improvement, although the price is privative for something that should've been in the game earlier or even for free) and it will be a massive step towards a smooth player experience and away from "Inventory Simulator 3000".
  • With the previous point in mind, issues like having to store things in material bags manually or even shard gilding will be gone(ish). One of the biggest problems with gilding besides the horrendous RNG is the ammount of space it takes. If you could stack shards somewhere, you could forget about managing those hundreds of shards you're required to gild and just check from time to time so you can play without so many worries in mind (currently, you have to stop playing the "defenders" part in "dungeon defenders" to manage your inventory. No bueno.

All in all, I just hope this patch is one step towards "what DD2 should have been" and Trendy realizing rewarding players is good for the community (they buffed drops in coop gameplay without nerfing anything to the floor, so that's a huge step!).

Thanks for your time, and I welcome your thoughts and opinion about mine.

Personally I think this patch is a potential major issue.

It made me feel like I was playing DDE again. Loot just handed to you on a plate.

It was almost like playing DD2 with one of those trainer programs, want permanent legendary chests, sure have it, want loads of legendaries why not, make all other loot completely superfluous.

We had the crit to DP change which brought a whole glut of afkers now loot is almost gifted.

Just fast g to the end game chest and then fast g to the next.

Not a healthy design decision.

all very valid points, I read the patch I can roll with it. my group and I grind a couple hours a day then also on weekends on xbox one. this patch I love for the sole fact its patching the freezes and glitches that have been going on. the extra xp and bonus loot is nice, bonus loot all legendary that's interesting idk how I feel about that one. xp is nice considering if you grind with other players it will be beneficial in progression, but this is very sad not so much this patch but the players as a whole, people on these games where the developers give the players half say in how they do things is beyond me, then they try and fix things and people still come up with all this whining, why not this why that, you shouldn't do this or that. why I say this it is a grind game literally and people just complain about everything. increase xp and loot in a grind game is super beneficial for progression and everyone still complains, seriously just accept what updates and patches do come out and just move forward. this patch and update that's coming is beneficial towards everything and everyone I cant wait. I have been playing this game since it came out and I love it no matter how many flaws, glitches or anything bad and good. everyone on here just i want I want I want, these games are not suppose to be easy they are suppose to be hard that's the point and this is becoming stupid easy... my personal opinion

Please add split screen like in dd1 so i can have my own personal 99% xp boost without having to wait for the afk leeches to press g.

I really like this patch and in particular the exp bonus. It's good that they buffed the multiplayer.

I understand the concern about legendary loot being too easy to obtain. I'm sure Trendy will monitor this and if need be make any adjustments.

I think more legendaries is a great idea, and i dont see on any level how that is bad thing. Getting one in no way guarantees what is on it, or the roll of the mods or weapon are any good. I have deleted countless numbers of legendaries. Getting a couple more will in no way catapult my gear or power forward. The extra exp. is a nice touch as well. 

Anything is better than nothing, which is what we had before this. Better quality loot is much > than more quantity of low gear IMO. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I think more legendaries is a great idea, and i dont see on any level how that is bad thing. Getting one in no way guarantees what is on it, or the roll of the mods or weapon are any good. I have deleted countless numbers of legendaries. Getting a couple more will in no way catapult my gear or power forward. The extra exp. is a nice touch as well. 

Anything is better than nothing, which is what we had before this. Better quality loot is much > than more quantity of low gear IMO. 

Exactly this... extra loot is not going to be game breaking for me and probably most player base that has progressed beyond floor 80 as most characters are already geared with top end rolls.

The previous  update makes 99% of loot worthless as the only reason  to keep it is high rolled MODS and perfect stat rolls any gear at any tier can be turned into legendary gear anyway so I don't see what all the fuss is about.  

So we get a minimal increase in the chance to get better MODS I'll take that over a bunch of lower quality loot for perfectly locking down C7 or onslaught maps that has no MODS on them at all as my reward.

I understand the fear of leeching and carrys and hopefully the next update is going to address that anyway but I'd never play onslaught with randoms anyway and C7 is mainly doable AFK after round 1 so I may open up to online for that. 

I just hope that the stability is better this update as that is the main problem in game for me. 

Trendy is trying to direct players away From having max gear being the only obtainable objective for "dedicated" players; To max gear being a footstone to max mods.. Where onslaught floor progression is the new status queue for title/bragging, primarily when their big update hits that is...