Sign in to follow this  
LAWLTA

Protean Shift Hotfix 3.2.2 Notes

Greetings Defenders,

Hotfix 3.2.2 is now live on all platforms!  This hotfix is to address a few crashes that players have run into, squash some bugs, and also apply some Multiplayer Bonus changes based on the feedback a lot of you have provided. Let’s get into it!

Multiplayer Bonus

In our last patch we added in Multiplayer Bonuses that added a scaling amount of extra gear into the victory chest. This design was looked into based off of survey feedback a TON of you provided, which was awesome to receive! However, there were some pain points that came with these changes, specifically that there was a lot of pressure on your inventory, and getting a blue or green chest made these bonuses feel not great.

We now made it so that instead of getting a ton of extra loot, you’re guaranteed to get additional legendaries when playing multiplayer. Here’s how it’s going to look:

• Two Players:  Two additional legendaries guaranteed, with a chance at a third!

• Three Players:  Four additional legendaries guaranteed, with a chance at a fifth!

• Four Players:  Six additional legendaries guaranteed, with a chance at a seventh!

With this change there is now less strain on inventory, guaranteed better loot drops, and since they are all legendaries, guaranteed additional chances at getting some perfect "Qualibean" mods! Since you're getting less total items when playing multiplayer now (when compared to before the hotfix), we increased the sale prices on items to compensate this change. We also added in some additional goodness to multiplayer bonuses as well. Now when playing together, you’ll also receive more experience points:

• Two Players:  33% additional experience points!

• Three Players:  66% additional experience points!

• Four Players:  99% additional experience points!

To note, these increases in legendary loot and experience are not in Campaign and Adventures, but are available in every other game mode. We’re currently finishing up improvements to our party system that are going to be coming in our next update! Our goal is to make multiplayer feel great to play all around.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue on Xbox when transitioning to the Town from another map in split screen would often cause a crash.

• Fixed a different issue on Xbox where bringing in a split-screen user would often cause a crash.

• Fixed an issue where Xbox players would crash when attempting to load the same profile on split-screen. This should now give you an appropriate error message.

• Fixed an issue with Liferoot Forest in Campaign that could cause a crash.

• Fixed an issue with PS4 crashing when trying to clear data.

• Fixed an issue when replacing stacks in the Material Vault that would remove materials.

• Removed some of the old weapon filters that no longer apply.

• Lowered the difficulty of Greystone Plaza in Campaign slightly.

• Replaced the Adventure Pirate Lady with the Colonel. Where has she gone off to?

• Fixed an issue with the amount of experience earned for map completion.

• Fixed an issue with gamepad focus being changed in the Summary Screen.

We’re always listening to your feedback, and a lot of you do a great job of making sure it’s constructive and provide plenty of great ideas. Keep it up, we love reading it and it helps us mold Dungeon Defenders II into a better game.

To get reliable updates on what’s to come, be sure to check out our social platforms for the latest information:

The entire team has had a blast making this content, and we cannot wait for all of you to get your hands on our next update. Stay tuned for more info soon!

For Etheria!

The Dungeon Defenders II Team

I had no idea legendaries came with a higher chance of better mods.... Most of the good mods I have gotten have been on mythical and blues.

@MaJean quote:

I had no idea legendaries came with a higher chance of better mods.... Most of the good mods I have gotten have been on mythical and blues.

In theory yes, because they come with 2 mods unlike blue or mythical pieces. But I feel the same

@MaJean quote:

They come with double the mods guaranteed, so the chance is higher in that regard. They do not have a flat chance per mod to roll higher.

@rdeal quote:

what about the sell value is it sill 30% lower?

While we won't discuss the specific values, I added this. :)

@LAWLTA quote:

... Since you're getting less total items when playing multiplayer now (when compared to before the hotfix), we increased the sale prices on items to compensate this change. 

Increased chance for legendary items instead of just more items? And the more players, the more ascension bonus? Sweet!

@LAWLTA quote:

While we won't discuss the specific values, I added this :)

@LAWLTA quote:

... Since you're getting less total items when playing multiplayer now (when compared to before the hotfix), we increased the sale prices on items to compensate this change. 

And this just made it more sweeter! Can't wait to try all this :) Thanks for the changes!

How long do players have to be in the game to qualify for the end chest goodness, I can see this being hideously leeched by the usual suspectsEmoji_Ogre.png

@Fozzie quote:

How long do players have to be in the game to qualify for the end chest goodness, I can see this being hideously leeched by the usual suspectsEmoji_Ogre.png

Well, players already couldn't join the later waves for experditions. And since Onslaught floors going to be one map only, I wonder will that restriction be put into it?

Until that gets changed/removed/replaced, I don't think we need anymore restrictions for this kind of stuffs.

Hmmm.....perhaps she's gone off to do some secret stuff to turn her shop into something crazy? Compared to Prof. Proteus' station, her stuffs could use a good update ;)

Whatever she's doing, it's great that she finally gets some nice spotlight!

Is there a requirement for the party legendary rewards?cuz I got no legendaries after playing with other 3 friends over 10maps and we barely got blue chest and no legendary items from them,we have did adventures map(are those out of the rewards?) cuz we have got lvl50 from not much time

@Franxs quote:

we have did adventures map(are those out of the rewards?)

These bonuses do not work in Campaign and Adventures.

Great to see more multiplayer incentives coming out. Thank you for continuing to work on this piece. 

@Fozzie quote:

Ouch that's a real hit in the head for anyone who likes the speed of playing solo.

I'm curious? How so? Other than not getting the bonuses...which we don't get now. (I'm with you on the solo playing.) I do, however, enjoy carrying people. A long C7 run while carrying others (I don't even care if they're AFK, because I'm just leeching their presence for the XP bonus) will reward us with huge XP gains on top of the AP gains we already have. I'm assuming they'll stack.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, us solo players will benefit from this because of the increase in junk gear values. We lost that with the last multiplayer changes, and now we've got it back.

@MaJean quote:

Same here. I'd even say that 95% of my green mods came from blues/purples...and from low chaos tiers while farming mats/shards. Onslaught gave me almost nothing in the way of mods, and I went to 132 before starting my AP resets.

@Failtard quote:
@MaJean quote:

Same here. I'd even say that 95% of my green mods came from blues/purples...and from low chaos tiers while farming mats/shards. Onslaught gave me almost nothing in the way of mods, and I went to 132 before starting my AP resets.

Lawlta already addressed this, they don't have a higher chance to get better mods, you just get 2 on a legendary and 1 on every other item, this gives an extra mod so another chance for a good one, indirectly getting you more better mods, but the roll chances aren't different across rarities.

Great job with this patch!!! Crashing after crashing after crashing, crashing, crashing, CRAAAAAAAASHING.....

OH WAIT NO MORE CRASHES on xbox :D awesome work can finally enjoy the game!!!!!!! Keep going the good work :D

Loving this update. I'll always have inventory challenges but double XP any time any day? Fantastic. Also fantastic, not being pigeon holed into playing chaos  7 for higher XP. Sure lower level onslaught not as high, but acceptable with a few friends and isn't the same map over and over again.