Sign in to follow this  
Little Magic Hat

Request Re: Controlled Burn Lanes

I hope Controlled Burn gets addressed in some way during this patch. It's by far the most annoying mutator simply because there often is only 1 way of tackling it. CB almost never shies away from flier lanes or from its buddies cursi-kaze and headstrong. And you better pray to god if this happens on a timmy's revenge lane. Ironically the new mods they added specifically for CB suck for dealing with it. There is simply no way of effectively spreading the necessary status effects in a lane without using a PDT or WM with SR.

Adding in burning as another status effect for CB would definitely help out. I can picture that fissure mod and ramster mod actually being useful if this was the case. Also would make the oil + fire combo work. I like this idea.

I always thought it was weird burning was not an option when it's in the name... Should just be Controlled Status and work on any given status effect IMO. 

Geyser traps, nimbus, poison viper, pdt, oil traps, stun cannon, WM with shocking, ballistas with bite, i'm sure im missing a few ... Plenty of options forCB lanes. I never have issues with them.

@024noi quote:

Geyser traps, nimbus, poison viper, pdt, oil traps, stun cannon, WM with shocking, ballistas with bite, i'm sure im missing a few ... Plenty of options forCB lanes. I never have issues with them.

Same here. Not once have I had an issue with a CB lane.

I agree that controlled burn lanes are not a big issue for me. But I also agree that PDT is the only off-the-shelf defense that is reliable for them. Everything else requires a mod, or a shard, or corruption form, etc. 

I would certainly not mind if burning were added to the list of “controlled” effects. But i am more interested in seeing another method of application that is reliable and effective. Meaning, I wish we had a competitive option to the PDT. This could be achieved through the addition of another controlled status. Or it could be accomplished by tweaking a defense, mod, or shard.

For example, if slow were added to the list, proton beams would be very competitive. If the geyser trap applied drench in a faster and more reliable fashion, it would have a reason for being. 

Again, these lanes are certainly not insurmountable. But I do find myself only using PDTs. A comparable option would be welcome. 

@SELL SW0RD quote:

I would certainly not mind if burning were added to the list of “controlled” effects. 

A few months ago we proposed Burning to be included ... after all it's called "Control Burn" 

My only problem with controlled burn lanes is that pdt is the clear cut tower to use for them, yes other towers can work but PDT is by far the most reliable. I like variety, using the same builds over and over again because they work best bores me.

@Little Magic Hat quote:

I said reliable 024noi.

Ignited is the only status effect not applicable to controlled burn, which is ironic given its name.

Ballista and harpies pierce, with poison mods can keep CB lanes in check, vipers with poison and split vipers can poison 3 targets at once and have sick range, with enough damage in the lane 2 can handle CB. Traps are harder to use as cy or frost can disable them but can be used on other lanes just fine. CB flyers go nimbus. If used properly there are plenty of RELIABLE ways to deal with CB. Like i said, i never have issues with CB since mods became a thing.

Lingering Hellifre and Embermount Flames are two example that should contribute to the "Control Burn" ruleset.

This would also contribute to the mods value in a tremendous way.

So put 1 fissure and the lane becomes a no brainer?

Might as well just remove the mutator.

We have plenty of options to deal with it already as listed above.

While I would agree for burning to affect it, I dont think the fissure mod should be able to do it.

Agree 100%.

While PDTs are perfectly reliable in such circumstances, it would be great to have other options. Fissures, Ramsters, and a bunch of other towers would suddenly have additional use options. I love mixing up my defenses, and I've always hated relying on WM.

Rams with fire, vipers with poison. Done. Next?

Edit: rams with fire, anti frost, anti ranged actually. Frost lane usually have range mobs mixed with hex quite often so my rams r designed for lanes just like this. Vipers with poison, anti melee, range and split vipers shard keeps 3 targets poisoned from crazy ranges. Could be set back far enough to handle flyers if there are any above. I'ld say 2 rams 3 vipers could probably handle that lane 

Ya but my point is poison can b delivered by a variety of towers now. Pdts aren't the only option here. Short range high damage nimbus and slimes with fire attack rate mod and shard. No poison needed

@024noi quote:

Ya but my point is poison can b delivered by a variety of towers now. Pdts aren't the only option here. Short range high damage nimbus and slimes with fire attack rate mod and shard. No poison needed

Slimes can't oil the frosty equivalent of the berserkers and Nimbus only targets single enemies in order of spawn. This isn't reliable!

@MaJean quote:

Maybe those two mutators shouldn´t exist on the same lane.

It wouldn't be an issue if we had more sources of reliable status effects and/or ignited was a condition recognised in the controlled 'burn'.

Do enough damage with slimes and set nimbus bac far enough to focus zerkers. No problem. That lane, 4 slimes 2 nimbus done