Sign in to follow this  
R4GE0fW4R

Getting Shards is a mess!

I had never issues getting the right shards for the standard classes in short time. Then I thougt my first new class will be EV2 and I saved the shards for her, I had most shards in no time, got her last week and could immediatily start with her.

Yesterday I decided to buy the dryad that I have all necessary builders. I played her around 2 1/2 hours and guess what not a single shard for her.

Today I was farming around 40 shardpacks in c1 & c2 and guess what again not a single shard for my newly earned dryad!!! The  RNG for shards is ridiculous. The thing is I wouldn't be so pissed of if I had not gotten all shards from all the other classes I don't have!!! Not a single useful shard!!!!! Remove the shards from the classpool we don't have!!!! Rant over.

@R4GE0fW4R quote:

Remove the shards from the classpool we don't have!!!! Rant over.

While I can understand how frustrating it is. 

This would be the worst idea ever.

It would damage Trendy's income by so much.

You would have the whole community shouting to new players;

"Dont buy new heroes! Farm and gild 27 defense rates first!"

@PandynatorDD quote:

@R4GE0fW4R quote:

what

@Plasma quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@R4GE0fW4R quote:

what

Not sure what is hard to understand?

https://i.imgur.com/0G7p00E.png

https://i.imgur.com/0G7p00E.png

@PandynatorDD quote:

@R4GE0fW4R quote:

I know it's an exaggeration, but assuming you did actually gild 27 defense rates... That is at least 150 maps, assuming you kept up a consecutive win bonus the entire time, and it dropped from every single shard. Which of course would not happen. 

I would absolutely agree with you on this, Rage, but I have every single one of her shards gilded, except for Shroom Gloom.  I have nine of those. all of that aside, focus your chaos tiers on each of her shards.  Not saying that it becomes a lot easier, but it helps with the RNG of it.

@PandynatorDD quote:

You guessed my mind :) That is exacly what i would tell them.

@Racthoh quote:

I know it's an exaggeration, but assuming you did actually gild 27 defense rates... That is at least 150 maps, assuming you kept up a consecutive win bonus the entire time, and it dropped from every single shard. Which of course would not happen. 

150 Hours ? that's so little ... 10 min per map = 15 Hours ... if someone would tell me there is an event that dropping Defence Rate with this technique i would take ONE saturday to Gild 27 Deff Rate ...  i can have 27 Deff Rate in just ONE day ... 

Since there are 5 Universal Shards let's say i will drop one Deff Rate every 5 Shards ,,, that means 5 Days to Gild 27 Deff Rate ... i would have register a new account and Delete the currnet one ... because it's much better.

I hope the All Seeing Overlord is blinking ... and misses this thread Emoji_DarkMage.png ... or ... Devs Agrees with Pandynator

Edit: Ok let's be more constructive .. here is an idea ... let us use 30 Shard Dust to buy a Specific Shard = Deff Rate ... this way we have moe chances ... but does not ruin the balance of the game.

"...let us use 30 Shard Dust to buy a Specific Shard = Deff Rate ..." - Emilian

Another way to make the game easier.  Understand, everyone, gilding shards is a "boon", an "incentive."  You all are wanting things that are an extra "gift", an "add" to be made more easily attainable.  If you want the extra special shinies, put in the time.  Stop asking for things to get easier, especially since they are not required to advance.  They are a gift.  Stop saying that the gift is not good enough for you.  Some will get shards gilded more quickly than others.  Be grateful that you are able to log into the game and enjoy it.  All of the added things, the extras, be grateful if you get a hold of them.  Full green mods, enough shards to gild....all gifts!  Not items required to advance.  

I would say that having 30 shard dust to craft a shard might actually be too little. But I wouldn't mind if the number is 150 or more. How does that say "making the game easier"? You still need to farm a ton. It's just lessening the RNG aspect and having something to work toward for too.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

I would say that having 30 shard dust to craft a shard might actually be too little. But I wouldn't mind if the number is 150 or more. How does that say "making the game easier"? You still need to farm a ton. It's just lessening the RNG aspect and having something to work toward for too.

Ok 150 seems good number ... and i was in a hurry this morning when i wrote 30 .. that's WAY to low ... i didn't give it much thought ... i just came up with the idea to exchange Dust for a specific shard.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with heavy grinding for a thing BUUUT the gap between the shards what u get and what u want is too big in each chaos tier

Today I farmed from c3 to c5 for over 5hours and I only got 1 shroom, 1 crescent and 1 deadly strikes shards. Not a single tower specific shard for her. The others was only useless shards, mostly for abyss or initiate. That's what I meant is u get 95% of the time shards for classes u dont  have/play!

I don't want anything giftet or so but at least they shoud do it like with the chest on the end of the map, aka class specific loot. Increase the chance to get shards for the class u open it with it, or as others suggested shard crafting, this would make the grind less horrible as it is right now.

People could swap out heroes to target shards.  If this could be prevented, then you still have a broken RNG with this method.  Shoot for the choas tier your shard is on, farm ten floors at a time, keep all of the shards from that farm that you are wanting, and repeat the process.  This takes time but it will help you target the RNG more precisely. 

@ArchaicLotus quote:

"...let us use 30 Shard Dust to buy a Specific Shard = Deff Rate ..." - Emilian

Another way to make the game easier.  Understand, everyone, gilding shards is a "boon", an "incentive."  You all are wanting things that are an extra "gift", an "add" to be made more easily attainable.  If you want the extra special shinies, put in the time.  Stop asking for things to get easier, especially since they are not required to advance.  They are a gift.  Stop saying that the gift is not good enough for you.  Some will get shards gilded more quickly than others.  Be grateful that you are able to log into the game and enjoy it.  All of the added things, the extras, be grateful if you get a hold of them.  Full green mods, enough shards to gild....all gifts!  Not items required to advance.  

Amen to that