Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Player creation challenges:)

Just a thought.....

What if we, the players, could create challenges for each other and save them in game for others to try to beat? 

An example:

I go to the "create challenge" tab and choose a map. Let´s say I choose Molten citadel. Now I choose which monsters to come from which lanes. I pick lava guardians and have nothing but lava guardians to come from all lanes because they suit the map, and frankly because I can. Now I choose mutators for the lanes and I pick the nastiest combos of mutators I can come up with. Lastly I set the DU limit to 666, save the challenge and name it "Welcome to Hell"

Mobs get stuck? So what... if a created challenge on a map is failing for whatever reason or is simply not popular, it could get voted out, and replaced. We could have a ranking system by difficulty and/or by popularity.

Thoughts?

M.

I would play the heck out of this!  Mastery was by far my favorite mode. And this seems like never-ending, player-driven Mastery challenges WITH MAXIMUM ASCENSION!

This would be so amazing! 

Totaly agree, anything that is player-driven will have more playability ... most games that include more player modding encourage creativity ... this way DD2 will be more and more attractive ... rather than play the same thing every time = Onslaught - wich is great... i love it ... but i won't play it more than a year ... after that... i hope we have a new gamemode.

Examples of games that allow players to interfere more with the game mecanics : Starcraft 2 = any game will be different because every game players choose many strategy options, but this is also limited ... Another game is Minecraft where you can have your own mods to the game ... it starts as simple survival but than you can have clans and minigames ... maybe these games don't relate to DD2 but you get the idea ... the more a player can interact with the game, the more enoyable that game is.

a great idea MaJean ... Emoji_Monk.png 

What MaJean calls Chalanges ... i had an idea of Puzzles a few months ago ... i have more ideas but i'll post my top Puzzle ....

20180913211720_1.jpg

Rules

• 60 DU for the lane on screen
  • Can't sell what is already build
  • Ogre Lane on last lane
  • Can't use Hero for the job ... he is busy
  • Gear is Scaled Down to Upgrade 1 from Chaos 7
  • Difficulty of the map is Floor 65 (before Pirate patch)
  • Don't worry about Flyers ... already taken care of

Story ... i think i have a solution for this Puzzle but i hope Trendy will make this new Game Mode Possible in the future so we can test this ... or any other player challange ... so the lane from the Right is Control Burn and built with 6 bees but has no Poison / Oil / Drench / Freeze ... so you have to manualy take care of that lane ... i make it so that even for Dryad lovers is going to be a nuisance ... i am very curious about your solution.

Small Tip from the Monk  Emoji_Monk.png Meditaion is the key ...