Sign in to follow this  
024noi

Beeeeees man bees

No its still useless because of its tremendously small base and scale and the fact vampiric blows on all defenses in competition with destruction (even a Volcano using a Totem with Vampiric is < Medal with Destruction)!

@Failtard quote:

@Huckleberry4u quote:

Vamp works with bees and ascension.

So health on bees isn't useless! :-)

Bees are  unpredictable , I would rather now go with 3 earthshatters and an Lsa .

@playertt quote:

i tried using hornets but enemies seem to always get by and destroyed crystal i even kept corruption up the whole round i must be using them wrong best i use is pdts with earthshatter and flame auras with extra range 

@arcAnan quote:

Personnaly, I switched to bees for convenience. I've grown tired of having to switch heroes all the time and just switched to bees on floor 120 or so. So, i'm totally fine with bees being nerfed, it's definitely deserved. but I'd really like to see heroes selection extended to F5-F8 at the same time.  Improving menu for deck management would be decent change, but i'd rather have binds extended, I'm spending way too much time in menu since the protean update and I'd rather focus on actually playing the game instead.

Totally agree with improvements to the deck, extend binds would be totally AWESOME! probably even 12 chars, I bet on the game pads with a double tap selection setup they could support 12 hot swap hero's too

as for the bee's, I think any defense you stack shards, desct/mass desct/gilded rate it is going to be painful I think that's the point of the epic shards, without mass desct, are they still that over powered?

For me, most lanes in onslaught die horribly with just pdt and rams, now i'll just use cannons instead of bee's. Also, when I have lanes with a ram vs pdt vs bee's and watch the dmg dealt (and they have same ranges) most dmg is dealt by ram, then pdt, then bee's... and that's when the bee's had the mass desct shard

so how well do  4-5 nests do well on lanes with 200 + minions like frost lanes and timmy revenge? I never had much luck with them without a second dryad with a customized mod config to deal with it... but that's the point of mods... right?

I think if there was a mod to make rams do physical (non-magical) dmg, people could do entire onslaught with all rams... just like they can with bee's...  (except you wouldn't have a double jump and wings so it wouldn't be as fun)

@playertt quote:

i tried using hornets but enemies seem to always get by and destroyed crystal i even kept corruption up the whole round i must be using them wrong best i use is pdts with earthshatter and flame auras with extra range 

you are assembling and configuring the bees the wrong way.

@ufolouco quote:

@playertt quote:

i used mass destruction guilded destruction and guilded deadly strikes they just don't all attack then i get over run by enemies i set them back away where cyborgs won't disable them but still no good / any suggestions i would appreciate it 

@playertt quote:

@ufolouco quote:

@playertt quote:

i used mass destruction guilded destruction and guilded deadly strikes they just don't all attack then i get over run by enemies i set them back away where cyborgs won't disable them but still no good / any suggestions i would appreciate it 

Trade deadly strikes for defense rate they do not need deadly strikes at all, they dont have to be out of cybork range persay place them behind objects. Meele boom servo is your best friend it will make life easy. always have one bee behind your tree

@ajantis619 quote:

@playertt quote:

@ufolouco quote:

@playertt quote:

Trade deadly strikes for defense rate they do not need deadly strikes at all, they dont have to be out of cybork range persay place them behind objects. Meele boom servo is your best friend it will make life easy. always have one bee behind your tree

i wrote wrong i had  guilded defense rare in bees not deadly strikes  / bees have enough range / im at onslaught floor 82 just using flame aura and pdt and the occasion earth shatter just slow / learning enemies has helped more than anything frosty cyborg are the worse with control burn or  curse 

Want to insta-melt frosty lanes?

Put a Fire Servo, Anti-Frost Servo and Frost-Boom Servo on a ramster. 1 ramster and 2 bees controls any frosty lane...even Timmy lanes. (2 bees are for the non frosty mobs)

@Failtard quote:

Put a Fire Servo, Anti-Frost Servo and Frost-Boom Servo on a ramster. 1 ramster and 2 bees controls any frosty lane...even Timmy lanes. (2 bees are for the non frosty mobs)

Thanks for tip will try it out 

@Failtard quote:

I use fire mod, anti frost, and lingering hellfire on rams. They hit everyone so don't really need boom. Figured a double dose of fire couldn't hurt and melee boom is on my bees. Timmy lanes i use slimes with controller, fire, and crit chance mods. 3 slimes is all it takes to shut timmy down. Unless it a curse lane then it's rams and bees like the rest of the frosties.

@024noi quote:

@Failtard quote:

I use fire mod, anti frost, and lingering hellfire on rams. They hit everyone so don't really need boom. Figured a double dose of fire couldn't hurt and melee boom is on my bees.

Boom will hit for more damage than lingering hellfire on non frosty enemies in the lane, not to mention that even a max hellfire is only about 10% of the rams total dps with a c7 relic, and there are only 2 melee types of frost enemies where as there are 3 ranged frost enemies. Frosty Boom is way better than Lingering Hellfire.

@Exglint quote:

@024noi quote:

@Failtard quote:

I use fire mod, anti frost, and lingering hellfire on rams. They hit everyone so don't really need boom. Figured a double dose of fire couldn't hurt and melee boom is on my bees.

Boom will hit for more damage than lingering hellfire on non frosty enemies in the lane, not to mention that even a max hellfire is only about 10% of the rams total dps with a c7 relic, and there are only 2 melee types of frost enemies where as there are 3 ranged frost enemies. Frosty Boom is way better than Lingering Hellfire.

That's why the bees have boom.

I gave my ram fire, antifrosty, and DR, then in the LM aura, i put the frosty boom and the catch fire mod. I put the aura at spawn, and ram from distance. Add a slow boost aura and it handle frost, timmy, and cursi with ease. I think rate adds a lot more DPS and nonfrosty protection, rather than boom, and boom pairs well in a compliment def. IMO.

reading the builds I don't get it... bee's aren't that powerful, and you really need a melee boom on them due to their lack of AOE... anyone have alot of luck with them if you don't have a melee boom on them?

I'm usually getting around 1.5 mil dps per bee.. or 4.5 total dps in corrupt form

Rams still out dmg them. close to 800k per shot or 1 mil dps... so at 5 target, rams start to win, at 10 targets it's way ahead at 10 mil dps versus 4.5 mil dps (and i don't use my mass desct on my ram, it's setup for anti frost lanes but still has a higher dmg dealt than my bee's )

Next there's the nimbus, which has a buggy ai to0, but I can easily get it up to 7-10 million dps, which with double the DU cost of hornets, means they are about on par

With mods your can make any of these defenses crazy powerful, no idea why they focused on the hornets nest, hornets and rams and a few others are lucky because they don't have to waste a mod slot on piercing

Drath,

I use dem Bees on most maps (Onslaught 150). And I do not use melee boom. I’m not against melee boom.  I’ve just never tried it. (This thread is making me believe I have missed the boat in this regard.)

My thinking was to keep Bees as they are: specced against fewer enemies. So, if the lane has a high enemy count, I pair the Bees up with auras or rams or whatever. 

Like you, I find that other defenses can deliver just as much damage as the Bees. And, for the record, I don’t think Bees are game breaking. I don’t think they NEED to be nerfed. However, if forced to choose one defense that is most deserving of a nerf, I would have to choose the Bees. 

@Drathmar K quote:

reading the builds I don't get it... bee's aren't that powerful, and you really need a melee boom on them due to their lack of AOE... anyone have alot of luck with them if you don't have a melee boom on them?

I'm usually getting around 1.5 mil dps per bee.. or 4.5 total dps in corrupt form

Rams still out dmg them. close to 800k per shot or 1 mil dps... so at 5 target, rams start to win, at 10 targets it's way ahead at 10 mil dps versus 4.5 mil dps (and i don't use my mass desct on my ram, it's setup for anti frost lanes but still has a higher dmg dealt than my bee's )

Next there's the nimbus, which has a buggy ai to0, but I can easily get it up to 7-10 million dps, which with double the DU cost of hornets, means they are about on par

With mods your can make any of these defenses crazy powerful, no idea why they focused on the hornets nest, hornets and rams and a few others are lucky because they don't have to waste a mod slot on piercing

Um bees have always been powerful. I've been speed running maps with just bees long before mods were a thing. If u know where to place them there isn't a map u can't afk with them. The only time i gotta pay attention is when a roller spawns as bees can't  really handle them. Got flyers? No problem, just place high enough that they don't get distracted by ground mobs. 1 hive can burn any flyer lane in any expedition map. Onslaught is another story of course.

Bees are strong, still using them to solo floors 250+.  melee boom mod pair on them just makes them  more powerful. honestly any tower can carry u to 114, which is 99% of players stop at. 

expedition maps are easy, for that matter, much of onslaught is...

I use the hornets in my onslaught maps all the time... just not exclusively, one of them sits back at the wall to take on what gets through (ie single target dmg focus)

I'd still be surprised to see hornets work on high volume lane without ram or FA or something to support it or it has a customized antifrosty/fire/boom mod setup

Bees are not a weak tower by any means but I have been testing other towers with different combinations of mods and have come to the conclusion that they might not be as overpowered as people think. Some towers sadly are very underwhelming but a few seem to hold up alright vs hornets.

@Drathmar K quote:

expedition maps are easy, for that matter, much of onslaught is...

I use the hornets in my onslaught maps all the time... just not exclusively, one of them sits back at the wall to take on what gets through (ie single target dmg focus)

I'd still be surprised to see hornets work on high volume lane without ram or FA or something to support it or it has a customized antifrosty/fire/boom mod setup

So basically you are using bees wrong. Its most effective as an all in build.  This isnt even a question many of us just used bees and 1 pdt or slime pre proteon (read pre mods) and demolished onslaught.

Bees work best in a swarm so if you are building only a few bees you are building to lower their effectiveness.

If you are using  it with other towers it brings to question are you even using the dryad in corrupt form as your active hero, if not theres another reason bees seem weak to you. Also wasting 30 du on a wall that could instead be another bee

Something to consider - only 1 hornet from any hive attacks an enemy at a time. So if an ogre spawns, and you have 2 hives, only 2 hornets will attack it, plus they will not aggro anything else until that target is dead. The other hornets just chill. So - the more hives you place, the more hornets that can gang up on a single unit. Thus, one of the reasons why more hives = more strength. Plus, going corrupt does not always boost your power, as an extra hornet does no good if one from the hive is already aggro, in terms of bosses at least. For crowd control, it is a great help.