Sign in to follow this  
DoctorJuice

Lost Temple: Enemies not following their lanes

Every time since the last update, the mobs coming out of the 4th gate from the left on the top of the map will go to the 5th from the left’s lane (lane right beside/on the left of the river-type lane with flyers above). Berserkers just make a beeline for this 5th lane while some smaller enemies like the bomb throwers have stuck to their proper 4th lane. Anybody else notice this? 

Oh yes and sadly thats not the only Lane that can or will bug out on you. The far right had side of the minimap the double door with bug every time if there's a crystal below the stairs. Game ogre lanes have ogres spawning half way down the lane.  The devs are aware of these and they have stated they're looking into it.

Me being the funny one .  on the temple loading screen it says " the rules of the temple evolve "  so I guess that kinda justifies the bug ;)

One of my twitch viewers (sorry I forget their name) called it unintended difficulty increase ;)

I think the gobus finally read Robert Frost. But I'm sure the devs will go all Ray Bradbury on them and burn their literature. 

Then this simple mindset will return:

Beserker: Should we go over there? I don't see anything that might kill us and the crystal is in sight.

Orc: Nah, all those cannons are shooting the little goblins. We'll be fine.

@Okielos quote:

I think the gobus finally read Robert Frost. But I'm sure the devs will go all Ray Bradbury on them and burn their literature. 

Beserker: Should we go over there? I don't see anything that might kill us and the crystal is in sight.

I'd like to offer you a firm handshake for the Frost and Bradbury references. Excellent poem, and excellent book.

@Okielos quote:

Or we might go all Atlas, and just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

We are aware of this issue, and are working on a fix.

This is an intresting issue ... since it happend to me that one CB lane went off road ... and the other lane was not prepared for CB mutator i lost a game ... no big deal ... but ... what if ... we can have a "Brutal" game mode that is exacly like Onslaught but the mobs don't follow the intended path ... and instead they can use autotracker ... so they become Artificial inteligence in the real meaning of it.

Emoji_Ogre.png

@emilian quote:

This is an intresting issue ... since it happend to me that one CB lane went off road ... and the other lane was not prepared for CB mutator i lost a game ... no big deal ... but ... what if ... we can have a "Brutal" game mode that is exacly like Onslaught but the mobs don't follow the intended path ... and instead they can use autotracker ... so they become Artificial inteligence in the real meaning of it.

Emoji_Ogre.png

Ah, yes! But then the casual players will complain that it's too difficult, and it will be nerfed until the casuals can be on par with the hardcores with little to no effort!

@Failtard quote:

I'd like to offer you a firm handshake for the Frost and Bradbury references. Excellent poem, and excellent book.

Firm handshake accepted and reciprocated.

@LAWLTA quote:

Or we might go all Atlas, and just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

We are aware of this issue, and are working on a fix.

Shame, shame. Passing on your work to others should never be flaunted on public forums. Just be sure not to get tricked into taking it back though. I am sure you are all working diligently on the matter, and I commend your efforts. Now I'm going to go all Charles Xavier and get more onslaught.

The problem seems apparent in some lanes that venture near Crystal Cores. This is also an issue with Skeletons. This is usually why I put some DU aside to wall up sections I think they will go off towards, I defend that lane myself or I close up the line so they cannot veer off course.