Sign in to follow this  
ajantis619

Huntress traps immune to cyborks

Huntress traps are almost unusable enough, they have a short range which means unlike other traps, nodes and auras you are unable to use clever placement to your advantage. The tenacity servo (which is far too rare) is a lifesaver except for the fact that you need a perfect roll (almost non existent) on one for it to be effective unlike its piercing counterpart which allows towers to hit for a % of their damage through geodes. ridding the effects of cybork stun on huntress traps (and lavamancer oil geyser) would make these short range traps once again near useable. 

Perfect Tenacity servo i just can't get and 40 to 50%  ones are useless  doesn't seem to help at all i just took out tenacity servo and use other mods  works better for me

Agreed. Huntress has some rarely used defenses outside of just the PDT. The range on activation and affect are way too small when comparred to another "trap" like the hornets... Dryad defenses probably need reclassified as their own type. I try building up and using exp. traps, but compared to something like the LSA, i think they are not near as useful. I like geyser traps for DA removals though. 

I use huntress traps all the time, shatter combo from geysers and frosty protons, explosive traps do insane damage when set up proper and upgraded, geysers are one of the best assassin removal as it is instant, blaze balloons ... Super fun. I just don't use in cy lanes for obvious reasons. That's how it's supposed to be. If every tower was good at everything, what's the point of having so many types of defences. It is a strategy game after all. The whole point is to figure out which tower to use in each lane. U wouldn't use a sponge to hammer a nail, why use explosive traps in a cy lane? If i ever do find a perfect tenacity, it won't b going on my explosive traps. I use obelisks as emp bate so it will probably go on it. Explosive traps shine in narrow chokes where mobs can't get by without setting them off and with some range deal damage to all the mobs trying to squeeze through. How they are ment to be used.

@024noi quote:

I use huntress traps all the time, shatter combo from geysers and frosty protons, explosive traps do insane damage when set up proper and upgraded, geysers are one of the best assassin removal as it is instant, blaze balloons ... Super fun. I just don't use in cy lanes for obvious reasons. That's how it's supposed to be. If every tower was good at everything, what's the point of having so many types of defences. It is a strategy game after all. The whole point is to figure out which tower to use in each lane. U wouldn't use a sponge to hammer a nail, why use explosive traps in a cy lane? If i ever do find a perfect tenacity, it won't b going on my explosive traps. I use obelisks as emp bate so it will probably go on it. Explosive traps shine in narrow chokes where mobs can't get by without setting them off and with some range deal damage to all the mobs trying to squeeze through. How they are ment to be used.

No one uses traps in endgame content, they are 100% a waste of DU at the moment. 1 explosive trap does not come close to equal one lsa for the same price, 1 blaze balloon doesn't come close to equal 2 hornets or 1 earthshatter for the same price. If they were immune to the stun though people might experiment more with them, they used to be a viable defense in the game.

@ajantis619 quote:

@024noi quote:

No one uses traps in endgame content, they are 100% a waste of DU at the moment. 1 explosive trap does not come close to equal one lsa for the same price, 1 blaze balloon doesn't come close to equal 2 hornets or 1 earthshatter for the same price. If they were immune to the stun though people might experiment more with them, they used to be a viable defense in the game.

Yeah, no one uses anything from the huntress other than PDTs. Even with her increased Hero Damage output compared to other heroes; no one uses her...

She needs some rework.. I always thought for a bow weilder, she'd have better abilities; idk maybe arrow barrage? Lol

@ajantis619 quote:

@024noi quote:

So use what works was my point. And bees out dps lsa and is more versatile, so does lsa need work too?  We need to worry less bout nerfing and buffing and focus on other game breaking bugs or suggestions for future content, simple quality of life changes that could b implemented. Loved past threads about making more timers optional for example.. That's something easy that trendy might actually have time to do. Nerfing and buffing takes testing. Testing takes time away from development on other things like content. Just saying. I'll find a way to use them when i get up there out of spite now  ;)