Sign in to follow this  
Mr. StrangerDanger

Please let us manage our inventory while waves are active?

As for myself I think that it is a very good idea, when we of the broken traps and what we know that we can stay afk bah there instead of wasting time to sort out our inventories except(off) phases of lanes, that shall allow us to make something during lanes instead of staying afk in mode(fashion) boredom there.

Lesson learned from DD1 - please keep the ability to access inventory removed. While i 100% agree it would be so helpful and useful to access the inventory, and hero section, mid-battle. However, in DD1 there was a plague on online games, and that plague was menu browsing. People just sat it their menus, instead of playing the game, ALL THE TIME. Just standing there, doing nothing. With how inventory focused DD2 is - i think it would be worse here. 

Don't get me wrong - i think 80%+ of DD2 players would benefit form this very change, and i am among them. However - that 20% out there, you know who you are, would ruin it for everyone else. 

So to me it is not about usefulness, so much as the ability for it to be abused. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Lesson learned from DD1 - please keep the ability to access inventory removed. While i 100% agree it would be so helpful and useful to access the inventory, and hero section, mid-battle. However, in DD1 there was a plague on online games, and that plague was menu browsing. People just sat it their menus, instead of playing the game, ALL THE TIME. Just standing there, doing nothing. With how inventory focused DD2 is - i think it would be worse here. 

Don't get me wrong - i think 80%+ of DD2 players would benefit form this very change, and i am among them. However - that 20% out there, you know who you are, would ruin it for everyone else. 

So to me it is not about usefulness, so much as the ability for it to be abused. 

I think being able to browse inventory mid-wave is a good idea! ...esp with the implementation of game/party management. If someone is not contributing, just kick them from ur game.

Hell, once u get past C7, you can AFK farm.. Be honest, mid wave people just sit around on their phones instead, or clean thwir room.. 

Not having the ability to browse inventory is nothing more than an inconvenience..

Simply add an optional setting when creating a game that enable/disable the ability to inventory management mid-wave. ...best of both preferences.

The ability to open menus while in a wave is a great idea and something that I really miss. Unlock the menus and move chat and messages (boss spawn, tower built/destyroyed, etc.) on top of them.

I like this idea and would love to see it implemented I normally have so many relics to look through for good mods its hard to find the time to do so since my friends have to wait on me to press g in build phase I think this is a smart move. 

I support the only in private games idea.

Also for public games, let us sell items that are on floor.

Though this can result in the same issue, time being wasted due to ppl going around selling..

I would fully support this idea, though I think it should come with an "inactivity meter" that will automatically remove players (in multiplayer only) if they remain inactive for too long. The meter can be reset by actually contributing, such as by attacking enemies, upgrading/repairing, etc.

@Thorgonator quote:

I would fully support this idea, though I think it should come with an "inactivity meter" that will automatically remove players (in multiplayer only) if they remain inactive for too long. The meter can be reset by actually contributing, such as by attacking enemies, upgrading/repairing, etc.

Well there is already a 20 min afk timer. But that doesn't do much. But you can just start a votekick against him if he is just leeching.
And my fear with such a system would be that farming things would get just more annoying.

@Thorgonator quote:

That sounds like a terrible idea. So I can be auto removed from my own game just because my defenses are so powerful that I don't have to do anything? On the inverse the counter to it is botting, thanks but pass.

Overall, I do not support this idea for the reason Jaws has given above, it was a problem before and it will be a problem again. The more complicated ways you think of to keep the problems from arising will just make the system itself more complicated for new or returning players. I would support the idea of better management QoL changes that help sort the inventory like only looting certain things or certain mod tiers or above, but I don't want it to give the players options to ignore what's going on around them and possibly be a hindrance to the team. It's too easy to make an agreement that after every map or every few maps to take 3 mins to look through and clean inventory. This is a solution that we can create and doesn't take away Trendy's focus form other things.

@Exglint quote: This is a solution that we can create and doesn't take away Trendy's focus form other things.

You mean like inspecting a tower never showed the same numbers for everyone ? That problem excist since Closed Beta

@Matthew7991 quote:

@Exglint quote: This is a solution that we can create and doesn't take away Trendy's focus form other things.

You mean like inspecting a tower never showed the same numbers for everyone ? That problem excist since Closed Beta

We'll have to get intern Jimmy on that pronto