Sign in to follow this  
PandynatorDD

Is this air targeting intended feature or a bug?

This thing really frustrates me.

Air units are; 

• In range
  • Can be damaged by heroes.
  • No LOS issue, unless some invisible wall ?

But towers don't attack them..

w4a4WvM.gif

This is the same situation like with earthshatters targeting mobs in spawn but then you don't see something like a cannon attempt to do it. Very janky.

Both flier lanes on that map are like that. You can shoot them as soon as you can see them, but towers won't target them until they cross that invisible line. There are a few more on other maps that behave the same way. Not sure if it is intended, probably is, but it's kind of annoying. Especially on that particular map because of where you have to place towers to protect sub objectives.

I absolutely hate spawn protection. If you can attack - you should be able to be attacked. Where the line between those events is should be absolutely 100% clear on the map. 

Been like this for a long time though? Kobolds are even further delayed.

There is no spawn protection anymore. Haven't you noticed everything dying behind the spawn shield?

@Jaws_420 quote:

I absolutely hate spawn protection. If you can attack - you should be able to be attacked. Where the line between those events is should be absolutely 100% clear on the map. 

Yeah, on some units, but not others. Some i see die long before they hit it, while others stand right on the line and take no damage. 

Yeah, the spawn protection is wonky. I have long hated the long lanes when Malthius spawns and spam casts his resurrection spell while I'm jumping around the barrier like a Jack Russell Terrier trying to find a weak spot to get some damage on him. At least when the Siege Roller comes slowly, ever so slowly, down the long spawn lanes we don't have to dodge or hide from missiles every 5 seconds. And I won't even get started on Hex Throwers behind the barrier with an objective or wall nearby.

@Okielos quote:

Hex Throwers behind the barrier with an objective or wall nearby.

These throwy bois are the reason I keep losing games when they decide to go full sniper on whatever they can get some hits on.

@Nefhith quote:

These throwy bois are the reason I keep losing games when they decide to go full sniper on whatever they can get some hits on.

LOL, yeah on C7 there are some maps where you have to build reflect walls because even the spawn points are so close to a crystal, that you can loose from HTs. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Nefhith quote:

LOL, yeah on C7 there are some maps where you have to build reflect walls because even the spawn points are so close to a crystal, that you can loose from HTs. 

I saw this a lot in the throne rooms and many publics I have seen players build their reflect beams around their sub cores, but I noticed that their agro is so weird, that I place a blockade there near the fountain and exactly in the middle of those 2 lanes( between the core and the fountain) and they do not throw at the sub cores EVEN THOUGH the sub cores are way closer than that random blockade near the main core. which saves me what? 30 DU cause I do not have to double up on both sub cores.

Edit: So basically it appears to me they would rather focus on a farther target that is near to their lane, than a closer target that is farther from their lane. Soz if I made it sound like a riddle.