Sign in to follow this  
gcstephen13

New Hotfix (Xbox1) my game has been crashing.

Got a question. Why is it that I never get any green chips on my gear? I ALWAYS get dark red, red, orange, or yellow, but never green, but I was talking with some people while they were helping me with C7, and every 1-3 games or so, I'd hear them say "OHHH, I GOT A GREEN" then whatever chip they've been looking for. Is there something to increase chip drop chance, like gearscore, or mastery?

regards,
Hulky!

@Hulky quote:

Got a question. Why is it that I never get any green chips on my gear? I ALWAYS get dark red, red, orange, or yellow, but never green, but I was talking with some people while they were helping me with C7, and every 1-3 games or so, I'd hear them say "OHHH, I GOT A GREEN" then whatever chip they've been looking for. Is there something to increase chip drop chance, like gearscore, or mastery?

regards,
Hulky!

The green chips are intentionally rare. For those who got them frequently, must've been RNG smiling on them. There's no way to increase actually increase drop chance for Mods. Multiplayer victory chest loot bonus might help but, again, still boils down to RNG.

But, I assume some chips are harder to get greens on than others? As I've seen a couple green elemental damage chips, but have never seen anyone own a green hero/tower damage chip. Even in videos.

regards,
Hulky!

@Hulky quote:

But, I assume some chips are harder to get greens on than others? As I've seen a couple green elemental damage chips, but have never seen anyone own a green hero/tower damage chip. Even in videos.
Yeah
regards,
Hulky!

Sorry, just to avoid confusion, just gonna put the terms to clarify for you :

The whole thing is called M.O.D.S. (Magical Offensive/Defensive Subroutines). Shard are another thing entirely.

Chips are heroes (Armor and Weapons) based mods. Servos are defenses/tower (Relics) based mods.

Okie, back to topic!

Yeah, there are some Mods that will be harder to get perfect. Those mods that drops from regular enemies are definitely more common. To think of it, yeah, I don't think I've seen a 5 bar Lingering Hellfire or Drain Aura. it's always Orc chips or Manaburn chips.

Though there are actually mods that are even harder to get. Those that are exclusive from floor 80 onwards. You can only get them from victory chest so, the're even less chance and RNG will be highly at odds with you.

Kind of makes me wonder either A) The chance is so low, that it's around a 10th of a 1% chance, or that they didn't even make a 4/5 bar for it, and a 3 is the max it goes. Sadly, we will never know this because for some reason game companies don't release their drop statistics for items. No real reason to hold it back. Wish someone knew the answer :{

regards,
Hulky!

Actually, just realized that I have a 4 bar Power Servo that I got from C1, and upgraded to C7. So, it is possible, just exceedingly rare to get.

regards,
Hulky!

Hulky I have a few more green mods.  what do you need?  I'll just sell them to you at cost... I'm usually on the West server, so if I see you on (Ps4) we can work it out.  Everybody needs the tenacity, range, and rate so.....I get it, but I don't have those

Sadly, I'm on Xbox. Just wanted to know if someone had information on if it is possible to get a 5 bar Power servo or whatever. Also, one more question. I see people saying "Great shards are Mass destruction, that range one(forgot the name)" etc. but those are all Mastery shards. It sounds like they're saying you can get them multiple times, aren't you only able to get Mastery shards once? Or do you have to ascend to get them again? Don't fully understand it.

regards,
Hulky!

While this thread went off course, it's always awesome to see Defenders wanting to help one another. You guys are awesome!

If the shards are only obtained once, how do I see people with 2M+ DMG on a earthshatter tower (DMG, not DPS), 400K+ DMG on Fire Auras etc?

regards,
Hulky!

Hulky,

The right combination of shards and mods, with C7 relics, can get you well over 600k dps flame auras and a couple million dps earth shatters. 

I would start with Destruction and Def Rate as necessary shards. The third shard can be Vampiric Empowerment for more dps, or something more flavorful. 

Don’t forget to improve your shards all the way up to their maximum level!  This alone, on a 45k defense power relic, should get you around the dps numbers referenced above.

I recommend the attack rate mod and the melee mod for general usage.  

This formula should be enough to get through expeditions and quite a bit of Onslaught. 

Ok, is it just me or does this game not pic up my mic audio? I see when people talk their name goes blue, but when I talk nothing happens, and there's no response. Is this just an issue with me? Do I have to do something for it to register my mic?

regards,
Hulky!

I have this problem.  It happened one day and hasn't gone back to normal.  Party-type chats work, but I don't have volume on in the HUB anyways, so for me it's not a hinderance.  I don't know how to resolve the issue, Hulky, but it isn't just you.

Welp.. It was like this even before the update. Surprised they haven't had it fixed yet... :(

regards,
Hulky!

Another question. When it says "Farm your current highest Onslaught to get defender packs!" or whatever does it mean this? Say I'm on Floor 54, and I complete it, and do Floor 55, would 55 count as my highest floor, and therefor still allows me to grind for Defender packs? And wait... Didn't they release a Onslaught patch that makes it only 1 map? I just went through 3 maps thinking it was 3 floors, just to realize it's only one floor the entire time...

regards,
Hulky!

@Hulky quote:

Another question. When it says "Farm your current highest Onslaught to get defender packs!" or whatever does it mean this? Say I'm on Floor 54, and I complete it, and do Floor 55, would 55 count as my highest floor, and therefor still allows me to grind for Defender packs? And wait... Didn't they release a Onslaught patch that makes it only 1 map? I just went through 3 maps thinking it was 3 floors, just to realize it's only one floor the entire time...

regards,
Hulky!

Yes, 55 would then count as you highest floor.

And no, the patch was just an prep for the next big update which is coming soon. The one map onslaught floor is coming on that update.

Hope this helps!

Jesus... My game crashes after trying to go back to the town, I load the game up, and as I'm trying to get back into the town it crashes again. At this point I'm not even mad, really. I just want to hear from Trendy as to what they did wrong. No sugar coated answer. The ACTUAL reason as to why this is happening. As I've NEVER seen a game in my life crash this much. Even pre-alpha's have more stability than this update has. Honestly, what could they have possibly done to make it crash this much, and have it be such a small problem they didn't see it before launching the update? My mind is actually blown right now, to be honest.

regards,
Hulky!

Hulky you should start a new thread addressing this crash issue. Everyone has been having this problem. Actually, if it's addressed in the dev stream I wouldn't worry aboutit. But if they don't, that thread will get a lot of support. People are posting about connectivity issues, and crashes, in random places....again, that's if they don't address it

why would he start a new thread.. thats what this thred is about to begin with. :D

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Hulky you should start a new thread addressing this crash issue. Everyone has been having this problem. Actually, if it's addressed in the dev stream I wouldn't worry aboutit. But if they don't, that thread will get a lot of support. People are posting about connectivity issues, and crashes, in random places....again, that's if they don't address it

It is the Xbox Hotfix, it was fine with the chat disabled, go back to the town chat being gone Trendy. :D

@Hulky quote:

Jesus... My game crashes after trying to go back to the town, I load the game up, and as I'm trying to get back into the town it crashes again. At this point I'm not even mad, really. I just want to hear from Trendy as to what they did wrong. No sugar coated answer. The ACTUAL reason as to why this is happening. As I've NEVER seen a game in my life crash this much. Even pre-alpha's have more stability than this update has. Honestly, what could they have possibly done to make it crash this much, and have it be such a small problem they didn't see it before launching the update? My mind is actually blown right now, to be honest.

regards,
Hulky!