Sign in to follow this  
gcstephen13

New Hotfix (Xbox1) my game has been crashing.

So we are both hardwired and we’re playing the game and it just drops us out into the opening screen.  It’s happened a few times now. 2 twice for me and 5 times for my friend. 

So we have PC, PS4, and Xbox issues.  I hope that these issues are put at the top of Trendy's list of priorities, as stability issues have been a problem ever since DD2's inception.  After this next update, or even before, focus on stability issues as opposed to new content?  The stability issues had been improved for a while, but Barbarian's Wrath hit a dipper, and now it seems freezes and crashed are alive and well.

Still afraid to play full screen on PC, since I haven't heard if its safe or not to play full screen.

10+ crashes in launch week, haven't gone back to it since..

never had a crash before the hotfix, since i have had about 4 but i better not moan i might get warned again

Oh the Xbox1 one Hotfix is seriously messed up, 90% Of The time after  completing a map or an onslaught mode  I go to Town, Only to get booted  immediately  And sent to the Xbox page.  Thankfully I don’t lose anything it’s just kind of annoying to be constantly going back to the main page of the Xbox  and having to restart .

PS4 has been freezing regularly since the last update with the material vault addition.

It's a shame because the stability really improved this year but now we are almost back to the bad days where it's not worth attempting 3 map onslaught runs again.

The crashes always come in the form of a massive freeze and the game just stops... can be in the build phase or mid wave... no blue screen or boot to menu it just hangs and the only way out is to stop the app via the PS button.

I've had that happen as well.  It seems that this happens after patches, then gets fixed..patch glitch fix maybe-I'll-write=a-rapsong-about-this-bi....man I'm hungry....

Trying to nail this to a specific, on my own time.

I have the same problem, can play normal but when u choose go to town the game freeze for 5 sec. and then goes to dashboard! Right now i'm delating and reinstall the game and see if this works, hopefully. XBOX1 EU

My buddy tried that, I didn’t even bother doing it because it didn’t work for him.

@R4GE0fW4R quote:

I have the same problem, can play normal but when u choose go to town the game freeze for 5 sec. and then goes to dashboard! Right now i'm delating and reinstall the game and see if this works, hopefully. XBOX1 EU

Every since the Xbox update my PS4 has been crashing.  Hey! Don't get so upset.  Issues are bad and I noticed this thread at the top and I'm wanting to promote it.  If anyone knew how to do one of those surveys that shows a voters poll, set it up like this?  Have a PC, Xbox, and PS4 column where respective users vote on whether or not they would want to see stability issues ironed out versus new content.

Sure, we want both.  But why have new content roll out when the game is hard to play?  I get that a lot of us are making tidbits of progress while the game is unstable.

@gcstephen13 quote:

My buddy tried that, I didn’t even bother doing it because it didn’t work for him.

@R4GE0fW4R quote:

yea i have reinstalled the game, but it has not fixed it, sadly😢

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not help.  This is a trend that seems to roll out every now and then.  It isn't your system or corrupted data.

We're looking into what's happening. If you run into it at all and are able to submit a report through PSN or Xbox Live, please do so. Sorry you all are running into this! :(

Edit:  We've found a way to repro it, are looking into a fix currently.

Lets hope so! As I crashed while just sitting still inside of the town. So, lets hope the fixing is going swell!

regards,
Hulky!

Oh, and for the love of god. PLEASE make it so you can sell defenses at the start of mastery challenges that say "No defenses are sold or destroyed". As it's annoying when you misplace a tower, and have to fail the ENTIRE CHALLENGE, and you can't restart it when exiting. You have to go ALL THE WAY back to the tavern, and then go ALL THE WAY back to the mission. There's so many good/bad things you guy's have added to the game since I last played, but seems like you're aiming at the user's discomfort instead of their enjoyment of the game. Something as easy as a restart button (that was in the game before, don't understand why you'd remove it) would make this game a lot easier, as when I fail a mission, the last thing I want to do is go back to the tavern, and restart. Just let me restart the challenge. You said submit a report? Well, here it is. Sorry for the negative feedback, but this game has triggered me with the freezes, crashes, doing mastery challenges that feel like you need to go sweaty at just to beat, or have more than just a solo... just overall a triggering experience. Hopefully you can take this as constructive criticism instead of some random dissing your game. 

regards,
Hulky!

Hulky, people have already beaten Mastery Mode under the same rule sets that you are up against.  Changing the rules now would be slapping every individual in the face that has already beaten this mode.  You learn to adjust through the frustration, or just remain frustrated.  It is designed, by way of its rules, to be very challenging, yet very rewarding.

I'm not saying remove the star, I'm saying, have the star only apply after wave 1, as when you just start the challenge, and fail the full mastery right when you start the challenge because you forgot it was a star, it's really stupid, especially since you can't restart it. Meant no hate to the game, just would like to see it addressed, that's all.

regards,
Hulky!

Hulky I knew exactly what you were saying.  I knew you meant no hate, we all have failed the mastery due to that ruleset before.  My earlier reply to you still stands.  Mastery is a challenging, yet optional, course to take.

I understand that, it's just annoying to not have even been inside of the map for literally 15 seconds, and already fail the full mastery just because you forgot it was a star. Like, disable them maybe? So, people like me don't rip their hair out having to go back to the tavern to just do it again lol

regards,
Hulky!

"...just because you forgot it was a star." - Hulky 

It's all of our responsibility to know and adhere to the ruelsets of Mastery before we jump in from the War Table.  We all have screwed that one up Hulky.  When you complete Mastery, if you do, you will come out a better player than you were before.  Be careful and be patient.  I completely get your frustration.

I still think if you use the tower, you can be able to hold B on the tower to rotate it or something, rather than having to fail the challenge to move it. If they don't do it, it literally feels like they want the player to mess up (but what's the point of wanting them to mess up? Not like they learn to not sell a tower in an actual match), because what skill does "Do not sell a tower" have to the challenge? Nothing. It just causes frustration, nothing that benefits the player, or makes the player think/use skill. Honestly a stupid feature, regardless of how much of a "better" player they'll be after mastery. All other challenges are fine, just that one gets to me. Again, no hate. Just wish it was fine tuned, that's all.

regards,
Hulky!

... So, just trying to get that mass destruction shard, was in the middle of a mastery challenge (wave 3/5), and all of a sudden Malthius Emoji_DarkMage.png spawns, and guess what? One of her skeletons spawns on my crystal core, and gets it to around 95% health, so I rush to kill him, then go as fast as I possibly can to go kill her, then when I use my pets "Gato Fireworks" ability to insta-kill the boss, it gets block by the crystal core, then on top of it, I fail the challenge because one of here skeletons SPAWNS ON TOP OF THE CRYSTAL CORE. Oh, want to know the best part? When ripping my hair out to the main menu, my game crashes... You can see why I'm frustrated now, right? 

regards,
Hulky! 

Again, Hulky, do you not understand that I realize you mean no hate? Will you separate your desire for what you would like to see happen and read my words objectively? You have to be able to in order for this conversation to progress.

Mastery caused frustration for most everyone. The mode is very frustrating. Can you imagine doing it without mods and gilded shards? Focus on that question. Take a deep breath. You have Mods and the ability to gild, if you so choose. Many of us beat that mode without these added benefits, and it sucked!...but it's worth it in the end.

If you are patient and read the instructions you will cruise through it. Yes! Of takes from you the full potential of your warrior, but you get a lot of gold, pets that are selling for millions, and hypershards. It sucks, it's frustrating..many, many people beat this mode very quickly and without mods. Be grateful you have them.