Sign in to follow this  
JxTaze

Boss Fights or PVP

Would like to see some maps that have moreboss fights. Warship map was moderately fun in that regards... But it would be nice to have a game mode that really utilizes weapons/gear, where the boss's defense is based on total player scores.. Whether its to just kill the boss before the team dies, to prevent it from detroying crystal, etc..

Maybe even some versus modes? 2 players on each side of the map with ally minions pushing in opposite directions? Similar to these MOBA games, but u can build towers/defense.. There's a game changer!! 

Idk.. Just seems that the player scores and gear are essentially useless in game...

Fun Fact - DD2 started out as a MOBA, and was revamped back to a Def Tower/Shooter/RPG hybrid very early on (although you can still find a lot of their MOBA designs out on the web). I only bring that up because this means they most likely want to stay away from actions that take them back to that previous design. 

I really like your idea of the end boss scaling to the combined hero power. That would mean it would always be a challenge. 

I know a lot of people want it, but i am against any kind of versus mode in the game. I like that everything is cooperative. It makes for a completely different attitude with everyone one you meet and interact with, as opposed to a versus setting. Never any need to yell, cuss, or get mad at anyone usually in a co-op game, but the rage (and cheating) that exists in almost all VS games is very real, and has a VERY short fuse. I love that i do not have to deal with that in the DD franchise. Same reason i usually only play Borderlands for online shooters. We are all in it together. I like that a lot, and not many games embrace the philosophy, and VS games exist everywhere...just saying. 

I would love to see some more love given to boss fights in DD2, and not just more mini-bosses. Full scale fights that take up the whole map against a boss. That or some kind of boss rush mode, similar to a Game Ogre lane, but for the whole map. 

I totally agree with you though that all the power you get - does not really go towards anything for it to be used against. I am talking about that end game level of power. If you can AFK C7, the game does not hold much to scare you with any more. The next evolution in the fight with power is what DD2 needs to satisfy the challenge lovers of this game, as it does not exist right now for them apart from climbing almost 1000 floors in Onslaught.  

...or even some survival modes..
4 lanes, 1 person per lane - whoever out-lives the other players (by building/fighting) their lane, wins - Infinite waves, each wave getting 5% stronger cycling buffs/minions..