Sign in to follow this  
iOnlyPlayDryad

Anyone else feel like this game is doomed to just slowly die?

"...stick to being objective with your criticism, instead of subjective and emotionally charged with it." - Lawlta

Surely this paltry rule doesn't apply to the most dominant DD2 player....ever...does it?  I mean, heh, I just did the impossible and beat Gates of Dragonfall, c6, in 5 min 21 secs...  I keep doing this to all the maps that I play...

Just in case this does apply to the most skilled, and amazing, DD2 player ever.....this dude will abide...mights as well throw these speed farms in on the stream.  Don't nerf the Fissure Jose!

You're outta your elmenat I......Donnie!

Someone was right!  Today looks like Dy----no---mite!

The Lotus

@ArchaicLotus quote:

"...stick to being objective with your criticism, instead of subjective and emotionally charged with it." - Lawlta

Surely this paltry rule doesn't apply to the most dominant DD2 player....ever...does it?  I mean, heh, I just did the impossible and beat Gates of Dragonfall, c6, in 5 min 21 secs...  I keep doing this to all the maps that I play...

Just in case this does apply to the most skilled, and amazing, DD2 player ever.....this dude will abide...mights as well throw these speed farms in on the stream.  Don't nerf the Fissure Jose!

You're outta your elmenat I......Donnie!

Someone was right!  Today looks like Dy----no---mite!

The Lotus

I really enjoy every time you post.

@LAWLTA quote:

We're continuing to develop the game and don't have any plans to stop in the foreseeable future.

Now this is what i call GOOD NEWS, Thank you Devs !

"I really enjoy every time you post." - Plasma

Man....I do too.  And you know what?  You have one of the coolest names on the boards....then there's that Abraham Lincoln guy.  How did you do it...?

I snagged the name way back when I first got into dungeon defenders, the first one. Gee that was a whole 7 years ago.

@Plasma quote:

I snagged the name way back when I first got into dungeon defenders, the first one. Gee that was a whole 7 years ago.

Yeah, i signed up back then as well. I remember seeing the very first preview on the PS3 for DD1, and i instantly KNEW this would be the only game for me...for a long time. 

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Real skeptism here.

How are you the most "amazing" and the most "dominant" DD2 player? You're claiming that you're better than everyone in this entire community and that's pretty absurd.

Don't bother bringing your past achievements again. They mean nothing to me.

Keep your nerves below your skin, Palo, not on the surface. All is going according to plan.

I was #1 in CoD3 (Treyarch) for over a year straight, in the number # 1 clan in the world for the entire life of the game.....Number 7 In Tiger Woods golf, considered the best by the top six players due to the fact that I didn't use swing cheats (rubber-banding your controller)or club cheats (using a driver to smack the flagpole when you were on the fringe of the green), number 8 in the world in Magic the gathering with a record of 322 wins and 18 losses. Before I quit DD2 I  was the first on the PS4 in DD2 to hit floor 200 (pre -Protean patch (over 240 crashes while I did this), left DD2 because of the errors, went to Alienation and took 1st place in 5 out of 6 of their ranked tier competitions, come back in DD2 and take 1st again!..for simply being amazing and the most competitive player to ever participate in the Dungeon Defender franchise.  Man Palo, you shouldn't kick a sleeping dragon when you're only looking for some water.

"How are you the most "amazing" and the most "dominant" DD2 player?" - Paloverde

'because' - Lotus

I was delusional about other games.....I thought at one point in time that I was in second place...and then I woke up and realized that i was still at the top..

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Keep your nerves below your skin, Palo, not on the surface. All is going according to plan.

I was #1 in CoD3 (Treyarch) for over a year straight, in the number # 1 clan in the world for the entire life of the game.....Number 7 In Tiger Woods golf, considered the best by the top six players due to the fact that I didn't use swing cheats (rubber-banding your controller)or club cheats (using a driver to smack the flagpole when you were on the fringe of the green), number 8 in the world in Magic the gathering with a record of 322 wins and 18 losses. Before I quit DD2 I  was the first on the PS4 in DD2 to hit floor 200 (pre -Protean patch (over 240 crashes while I did this), left DD2 because of the errors, went to Alienation and took 1st place in 5 out of 6 of their ranked tier competitions, come back in DD2 and take 1st again!..for simply being amazing and the most competitive player to ever participate in the Dungeon Defender franchise.  Man Palo, you shouldn't kick a sleeping dragon when you're only looking for some water.

"How are you the most "amazing" and the most "dominant" DD2 player?" - Paloverde

'because' - Lotus

well it's nice to see you type all of this...
but 1. The other games don't matter, we're talking DD2 on DDForums
and 2. can you show us proof please? pictures? videos? (this is out of actual interest and not sarcasm or disbelief like the rest of... well basically this whole thread)
and 3. No one likes a bragger, congrats that you did all that, but there's no need to show it all. Just say you enjoy the game and have played a lot, have much experience etc. no need to keep mentioning old titles that, like Paloverde said don't mean anything to him, but doesn't mean anything to most people.

"this is out of actual interest and not sarcasm or disbelief like the rest of... well basically this whole thread" - Luuk

Finally.  Luuk, all of this talk was born from silence.  Back when AP resetting and Onslaught first came out I was focusing on climbing while others were focusing on AP resetting.  No one was talking smack or bragging about anything.  When I was around floor 170 I was often in party chats with various friends who were impressed with my floor climb, being that the higher you climbed, the more you crashed on PS4.  It seemed that the system could not handle all of the extra information and time that it took to beat the higher floors...more mobs, more health, longer game, greater chance of memory leak.  People in my party were acting impressed, so one of my previous friends, who was around 40 floors below me kept saying how "easy" it was to do what I did.  They did this several times, and having been kicked over 150 at this point, I was agitated; thus, the dragon was born.  You all did not see me on the boards.  You barely heard anything from me.  But when I put effort into something, do well at it, and you come in and talk about how easy it is to bake a cake yet you've not been in the bakery....I'm going to say something and have a lot of fun doing it.

As far as my records are concerned, I was able to establish key relationships with powerful people within two major companies; records are archived, SO, my streams will entail some proof.  I'm intentionally being ambiguous.  Afterall, the streams are being designed more for CoD4 players, because we are going to re-connoiter.  For the DD2 fans, I will show a floor 300 build, 400 build, and 500 build without having done an AP reset.

The proof will be provided in my streams, but more as a re-cap for my clanmates from CoD3 as to let them know how I have been kicking it since we have last parted.  You see, they find achieving greatness an excellent thing, whereas people on these boards take it so personal.  I would not take it personal if people had done what I've done at all.  It's the scenario where someone talks about running a 4.3 40 yard dash.  When you can run a 4.5 40 yard dash you don't find a 4.3 all of that hard to believe, you just want to know how to knock off 2 tenths of a second.  If you can't come close, you throw flames.

I love DD2, in absolution.  The game is a blast, and I threw my records out there the first time because I could detect the psychology of the individual that I was replying to, and that others involved with DD2 were of the same feather as that bird.  If only that one person would have never jumped in party chats and downplayed my efforts....all would have been silent.

I don't feel the burden of proof to the DD2 community, but the proof will be given on my streams, even that of the world records I set on courses in Tiger Woods.  If I talked to you about my approach on each whole, you'd feel like you were on the golf course...lie, wind, elevation, distance, etc....is relevant to my club selection..and yes, it was all math.

The Lotus

I... I asked for a picture right? not a whole backstory? good read anyway... except that I still don't have a picture... but yaknow.

I did say that my streams would show the proof?  I also said that I do not feel the burden of proof to the DD2 community?  I was cool to you in the thread and you just got mouthy.  Like I said, birds of a feather flock together.  I owe you nothing Luuk.  My records, I found.  So you do the work and search.  I did the work and got to the top. A picture?  Take a picture of your face wishing that I would post a picture of my records, and post that.  No?  Well, it seems we are at a standstill.

Ah, the dismay, yet again from the fellow with the clearest vision of all.  I hit floor 200 back in January, when only two others had hit 200, and quit for six months.  It took me quitting for people to catch up. I realized then that there was no competition.  My level of competitiveness far exceeds the padawon.   I will pass so many people when I focus on climbing.  At that, I, and one other person, on all of the platforms will be the only ones doing it without having reset AP.  My goal will be floor 500 with no reset, and then?  Off to Call of Duty.

This thread is on fire, and the silly words from many players are the fuel.  If you want the fire to die out, discontinue posting, and I guarantee to you that I will discontinue responding, or try to get your punchlines in before this thread gets locked.  I believe it was dormant for a day or two until Palo replied to a post.

Being the most dominant player in this game has its perks, Goggles.

In January? Alleyezonme, BerryJelly, and myself were top three. And now? After this next update I will wait a short period of time, and then climb, climb so high, climb so high. Being at the top of the spectrum wasn't easy at first, you are correct. But you get used to it, and the hatred that follows, when you dominate game after game after game! Oh man! I love my gaming skills!

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Being the most dominant player in this game has its perks, Goggles.

You do know what dominant means right? Because you are NOT the most dominant player in the game, nowhere close actually.

Absolutely. And you're probably seeing this, or portraying this as an offensive trait, eh? Did you know, for a fact, that this is referred to as the path of geniuses? 

When I stream, all will be able to determine for themselves who lies where. Watch or not Goggles, my streams are going to take off. My builds are not META (and incredibly effective), and my CoD gameplay is exceptional. Again, I agree; top of the spectrum.

Google asperger, autism, and genius...you'll find them often related. Intentional or not, I thank you for the compliment.

it's a bit hard to find your stream,
your account? not linked.

searching on Twitch and Youtube? nothing.

mind telling us what your streaming on/what your account name is so we can actually find it...