Sign in to follow this  
iOnlyPlayDryad

Anyone else feel like this game is doomed to just slowly die?

Let's face it, the protean update was great but the numbers are very very different in terms of growth for the player base. https://steamcharts.com/app/236110 It looked great in the last few months but it's slowly going back to the numbers before protean was released, . Latest update seems pretty boring, I haven't even bothered coming back once I found out about the vault. 

Of course, the profits made by Trendy are not available to us so they could be making a fortune while we do not really have that much fun. But there a number of problems within the game that I see drive a lot of players away. 

Shards - Still a problem, players are still getting drops from heroes they don't own. What's the reasoning for this? (Obviously shard packs) But when your game has a number of heroes with unique defences and the only way you can make them viable with different shards, it limits a lot of the game. 'Just shift your shards around' Doesn't apply when you're using multiple defences and when your not, shifting shards around is extremely tedious. Game tried to fix it by giving you shard bonuses for consecutive wins. Great, but now I gotta play maps consecutively which is already boring itself - when I can afk them -to trigger the bonus. Shard dusting? It's pretty much useless, you trade in 10 shards you can't use only to dip your hand in to potentially get another shard you can't use. Are shard drop rates even equal? I've heard from people say they're equal but I really don't believe it myself at this point to be honest. 

Another thing - Hero deck, limited to 4 heroes when this game is best when you're mix and matching defences. 

Vault - Paying for more space. The game doesn't have the filter system, items only stack up to 99, shards don't stack, limited free scape. Also, shard gliding, a great way to upgrade your shards and make them stronger, nope you can't add them slowly to upgrade, you have to do all 10 at once. It's basically telling you to spend money or the majority of gameplay will be inventory management simulator, this doesn't even apply to armour/relics/weapons which is even more disheartening to hear.

Difficulty - Protean made it way easier, but even then the game was pretty easy pre chaos 7 (onslaught debatable). All Chaos and onslaught levels afkable or semi afkable. The only progression or difficulty I've felt in the last year of this game was progressing through Chaos tiers. Moreover, on that, there's currently no incentive to play. Unless you want to grind, but why grind when you can already AFK everything? Honestly, the hardest thing in the last year or so is trying to spawn kill a boss that reflects your attacks and hoping your own dot doesn't kill you. 

Farming - Extremely boring, I'm sorry but when you lock items behind lower tier level chaos floors that can be afked by 99% of those in higher levels. It becomes very uninteresting to touch this game. I'm fine with trying to grind deadly strikes, but when I have to sit in Chaos 3 and basically press g every 2 mins or check about every 30 seconds to see if a siege roller made it through, only to get shards I can't even use. I bought a protean weapon and wanted to level it up to Chaos 7. I went on to farm motes, sounds fun right? It was problably the most boring thing I've done, afking waves and hoping the game drops them for you while you just constantly alt tab to watch a movie.

It becomes very boring, interactive and disheartening to play. 

'Well it's a free to play game', true but some players did pay for the game originally. And it is true Trendy needs a method of making money. I don't have the numbers, maybe Trendy is making a fortune with this method but it doesn't seem very sustainable from a player's perspective. Maybe they could focus more on skins like other games (League of legends, for example, is all cosmetics - yes its a different genre). I feel like they could make it a lot more enjoyable if they focused on grabbing more players rather then introducing more methods of making money. For instance release more heroes, skins (heard they're doing this), and tower skins (more tower skins would be great, I don't really like any of the ones currently in game, there's a glowly one for skyguard which looks pretty ugly in my opinion, I would like more variety). 

From my point of view, there are a lot of little problems that are slowly killing this game. Just look at pass steam reviews, https://store.steampowered.com/app/236110/Dungeon_Defenders_II/#app_reviews_hash. It's mixed and if you look at the dates of the past reviews, a lot of people are complaining about features that straight out just make it tedious or boring to play. These complaints are also from players who have over 100 hours as well. This isn't even limited to steam reviews, on the forums the exact same opinions are echoed. And it's not even in the last 3 months, from last year as well. 

Honestly, at this point, it just feels like these problems are known but are not addressed and the game is slowly going to die. Maybe you'll see an update in the future that brings back a few hundred players only for them to leave when the same problems that plague the game are still not fixed. Maybe I'm just an ignorant player that knows nothing about marketing or game design and maybe Trendy is making a fool out of us and making a fortune while we all complain on the forums, only to come back each update and spend money on a feature for us to play.

i believe the next update is adding alot more stuff and changing onslaught / trendy is always tweaking the game trying to make it better not many game companys do / still a great game 

@playertt quote:

i believe the next update is adding alot more stuff and changing onslaught / trendy is always tweaking the game trying to make it better not many game companys do / still a great game 

And in reality the game is already dead check the playernumbers :P trendy need to do a 360 turn to get that.

numbers are fine, they have 3 platforms, its outperforming all other tower defense games. It seems every patch these posts start popping up.

And yes every game is doomed to slowly die, nothing lasts forever. Far before that point trendy will be working on a new game.

Maybe if you keep ***ing about it Trendy will completely understand your point-of-view and change every aspect of the game in order to favor your preference. 

They are being open about their changes. They are "working" on the game all of the time. You expect them to snap their fingers and for changes to occur RIGHT NOW to your liking. Maybe they'll snap their fingers and half of the whiners will disappear.

Or maybe bro, they'll just say, "you're right" and pack up their bags, with the Friday fun-stream reading "peace" for an-hour-and-a-half and never return.

Can you make a game that garners much attention, with very fun art and mechanics. Ca you?...no? Shut your mouth!

Look how destructive your post reads. Look how much time you put into it; how long it is... "Join me everybody!" Where is your constructive, positive feedback? These guys at Trendy have become so personal/open. They put life into DD2. Their process has really bothered me at times. Changing bees? Changing weapons mans? Changing the next thing when every tower can become a META? A continual META until their is an overhaul. I don't get their methods sometimes but I'm not out to post evidence to move people into a negative direction.

"Lotus we have the right to freedom of speech." And I have the right to be pissed off about it. The hardest thing about making any game is consumers that are not aware of the world around them. BE GRATEFUL. The day will come when you will no longer be able to play this game.

Stinking followers. I love this game, that's why it pisses me off sometimes.

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

numbers are fine, they have 3 platforms, its outperforming all other tower defense games. It seems every patch these posts start popping up.

And yes every game is doomed to slowly die, nothing lasts forever. Far before that point trendy will be working on a new game.

"Numbers are fine" is as non-specific a statement as "the game is dying". We don't know their financial situation to know if enough people are playing this game right now to support it long term. What we do know is there were half the number of people playing the game this July as there were last July. It outperformed other tower defense games in July, however was being outperformed by Bloons TD Battles in 8 consecutive months prior to July; and was outperformed by the nearly decade old Plants vs. Zombies as recently as February. We can also extrapolate that by the time the original Dungeon Defenders had numbers this low over the summer, they started work on DD2.

I don't know if the game can return to previous heights, or will continue in a downward spiral. I think it was a huge mistake to give players a reason to re-do old content over and over instead of exclusively focus on new content. Now, if they make the drastic changes to AP needed to get back the people it turned off, they risk alienating the people who stayed with no guarantee of those who left returning.

@Tolkmit quote:

"Numbers are fine" is as non-specific a statement as "the game is dying". We don't know their financial situation to know if enough people are playing this game right now to support it long term. What we do know is there were half the number of people playing the game this July as there were last July. It outperformed other tower defense games in July, however was being outperformed by Bloons TD Battles in 8 consecutive months prior to July; and was outperformed by the nearly decade old Plants vs. Zombies as recently as February. We can also extrapolate that by the time the original Dungeon Defenders had numbers this low over the summer, they started work on DD2.

I don't know if the game can return to previous heights, or will continue in a downward spiral. I think it was a huge mistake to give players a reason to re-do old content over and over instead of exclusively focus on new content. Now, if they make the drastic changes to AP needed to get back the people it turned off, they risk alienating the people who stayed with no guarantee of those who left returning.

there were half as many people at launch as there are now?? you dont say??? Its almost like people  tried a f2p game and left afterwards. This is nothing new.

You are making broad claims based on only steam numbers. You are screaming fire when there is none. 

this game was in early access on ps4 end of september 2015, half a year before that on pc. 3 years later its still going strong.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. As I said there is always someone making this post inbetween every major content release. Hell there were people making this post 2 years ago. They were wrong then, you are now.

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@Tolkmit quote:

there were half as many people at launch as there are now?? you dont say??? Its almost like people  tried a f2p game and left afterwards. This is nothing new.

You are making broad claims based on only steam numbers. You are screaming fire when there is none. 

this game was in early access on ps4 end of september 2015, half a year before that on pc. 3 years later its still going strong.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. As I said there is always someone making this post inbetween every major content release. Hell there were people making this post 2 years ago. They were wrong then, you are now.

You're correct, my statements were based on actual numbers from Steam. And your statements are based on anecdotal personal experience.

You have to ask yourself the purpose of posting such thorough, negative remarks in a game you're participating in. Cowardice. Trying to sway participants to your negative viewpoint.. Tolkmit, Ionlyplaypoorly; leave the game. Get out. Stick to your guns, believe in your poor logic and leave. My bros from CoD will replace you and do a better job. Today's the 11th of August? They will be here by October 30th. So leave. It will neither hurt nor offend anyone.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

You have to ask yourself the purpose of posting such thorough, negative remarks in a game you're participating in. Cowardice. Trying to sway participants to your negative viewpoint.. Tolkmit, Ionlyplaypoorly; leave the game. Get out. Stick to your guns, believe in your poor logic and leave. My bros from CoD will replace you and do a better job. Today's the 11th of August? They will be here by October 30th. So leave. It will neither hurt nor offend anyone.

Which part of my comment do you view as so negative? The part based entirely on Steam numbers? Or the part where I say I don't know if it will return to previous heights or continue downward? I'm really not sure why you find someone saying "I don't know" about something you are optimistic towards offensive to the point of feeling the need to personally insult them.

Do you feel insulted Tolkmit? Do you? Anyone who supports a bullcrap thread ike this, "hey I'm posting negative in a public forum and I want agitators to support.." I'm going to come after. So much ***ing after the update. The update took time and effort and they are LISTENING to feedback. They are ENGAGING US. Spoiled brats. When I stream, and my streams are going to be so wild, I'm coming after the immature in a very harsh way. This is one of the most immature ways a person can post and it makes me sick that people are this childish. If you are tired of this game then quit. I deleted the game for six months, came back and am having a blast. 

There are so many new names on the PS4. So many. "Ah , Lotus, what are you doing?! I'm trying to be negative here!"

@Tolkmit quote:

@Nigiri_Toro 

there were half as many people at launch as there are now?? you dont say??? Its almost like people  tried a f2p game and left afterwards. This is 

You're correct, my statements were based on actual numbers from Steam. And your statements are based on anecdotal personal experience.

incorrect but nice try. Your numbers are based on skewing the facts by leaving out the last 2 months to try to make your point. What happened in the last 2 months? Proteon patch. Whats coming out next? AP and onslaught revision. So for you to make your point you need to leave out data that contridicts the point you are trying to make.

My statements are fact, the steam numbers reperesent 1/3 of the platforms. The steam numbers since the launch drop off have remained pretty consistant low points after onslaught release before rise in players after proteon patch release.

As I said before this post is nothing new, it keeps coming up every patch, and every patch it is wrong. Its just screaming fire in a crowded hall to try to cause drama. As archaic asked, whats the point?

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@Tolkmit quote:

@Nigiri_Toro 

there were half as many people at launch as there are now?? you dont say??? Its almost like people  tried a f2p game and left afterwards. This is 

incorrect but nice try. Your numbers are based on skewing the facts by leaving out the last 2 months to try to make your point. What happened in the last 2 months? Proteon patch. Whats coming out next? AP and onslaught revision. So for you to make your point you need to leave out data that contridicts the point you are trying to make.

My statements are fact, the steam numbers reperesent 1/3 of the platforms. The steam numbers since the launch drop off have remained pretty consistant low points after onslaught release before rise in players after proteon patch release.

As I said before this post is nothing new, it keeps coming up every patch, and every patch it is wrong. Its just screaming fire in a crowded hall to try to cause drama. As archaic asked, whats the point?

What numbers did I leave out? Did you even read my entire post? August isn't complete yet, so I left out that DD2 is down in August, but I'm guessing leaving out them trending down this month isn't what you are angry about. I specifically said it outperformed other tower defense games in July. I also included June, where it didn't.

Steam represents 1/3rd of the platforms, although leaderboards suggest it represents more than 1/3rd of the playerbase. We don't have any numbers for other platforms, so there it's impossible to discuss them reasonably. The standard is for games to have a rise in numbers over the summer. That's why, just like in every other business, you compare a month to the same month in previous years, and yourself relative to competitors, which is exactly what I did.

If you don't see the point in responding to a post questioning the games trajectory, why are you doing so? 

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Do you feel insulted Tolkmit? Do you? Anyone who supports a bullcrap thread ike this, "hey I'm posting negative in a public forum and I want agitators to support.." I'm going to come after. So much ***ing after the update. The update took time and effort and they are LISTENING to feedback. They are ENGAGING US. Spoiled brats. When I stream, and my streams are going to be so wild, I'm coming after the immature in a very harsh way. This is one of the most immature ways a person can post and it makes me sick that people are this childish. If you are tired of this game then quit. I deleted the game for six months, came back and am having a blast. 

There are so many new names on the PS4. So many. "Ah , Lotus, what are you doing?! I'm trying to be negative here!"

So... you think people are being immature for giving negative feedback about the game, while simultaneously feeling it's appropriate to swear and insult people, aka giving negative feedback about individuals? Ok then.

@Tolkmit quote:

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

What numbers did I leave out? Did you even read my entire post? August isn't complete yet, so I left out that DD2 is down in August, but I'm guessing leaving out them trending down this month isn't what you are angry about. I specifically said it outperformed other tower defense games in July. I also included June, where it didn't.

Steam represents 1/3rd of the platforms, although leaderboards suggest it represents more than 1/3rd of the playerbase. We don't have any numbers for other platforms, so there it's impossible to discuss them reasonably. The standard is for games to have a rise in numbers over the summer. That's why, just like in every other business, you compare a month to the same month in previous years, and yourself relative to competitors, which is exactly what I did.

If you don't see the point in responding to a post questioning the games trajectory, why are you doing so? 

Really? You know what you did. Dont play otherwise. You specifically quoted the comparisons for just prior to Proteon patch and after onslaught in February. By doing so you were able to skew your results to favor your opinion.

Steam represents a 1/3 of the platforms and is also the oldest of the platforms. This will lead to more players at end game. The other platforms have active communities, ps4 for instance has a very large community of newer and mid game players. Xbox, the newest of the 3 platforms has the smallest. We can go by both anecdotal as you have pointed out, jump on and play taverns are full, and by vague information put out by trendy. All of this information is tracked by them afterall.

But fine you want to find a reason why you think this game is "failing" in yours and the OPs eyes so you look at the steam numbers. To look at how its doing on one platform.

https://steamcharts.com/app/236110#1y

And while we are there lets talk context.

Every time this thread pops up (again it pops up all the time, doom and gloom predict the end of the game post)

Game launched June 2017, new player dropped off within 3 months, this is very common with any games launch. Also notice the only other big player spike was when the game first came out in Early Access on PC and it likewise had a drop off within a few months. People try F2P games and then stop playing, this isnt shocking news here. We see the numbers start to balance out around September 2017.

In September 2017 after the 3 month drop off of new player from launch we had 799 active player average. we then had a slow decline until Onslaught was released, then we had a slow decline again until Proteon Patch was released.

After Proteon patch we 715 in june 2018, 882  in July 2018. Yes thats right the 13 month after launch number is actually higher then the 4 month after launch number. the 1 Year after launch number is only slightly lower then the 4 month after launch number.

Trendy is continuously developing new content for this game. They are working on a new patch right now that they have said is addressing the issues with the onslaught patch. 

So yes the doom and gloom the game is dying thread is wrong again. The numbers just dont line up to the claims. 

I dont see a point in making claims the game is dying. what is this post supposed to accomplish? Trendy is making new content, they are fixing the AP and onslaught system, and still threads like this pop up that serve no purpose but to cause drama and try to start issues within the community.

the game is a lot better than it was before.  that being said, there's a LOT still that needs to be fixed in order to make it a prime-time game

i would personally remove the ability to take items from grey to gold. make gold drops worth looking for. further streamline the progression path by "suggesting" where players can earn upgrades to their current gear. bring onslaught down to 1 map (of course). add something that highlights gear with mods that are green bean level (and doesn't allow them to be sold without additional check). and do a balance pass on the crap defenses that no one uses because they're crap (you'd effectively be adding content to your game because if people don't use these defenses they're as good as not existing at all...)

oh and make pets worth collecting/using :P

Did you naysayers read this? Ram, points well-taken. That is constructive criticism, none of this Jerry MacGuire bullcrap.

Anyone have the perfect picture from that movie? That... "Whose cming with me?".... clip?

You have every right to be upset with any game. You have no right to try and defame any game and bring people down that churlish path with you. If you do, you give me rights to come after you whilst streaming. Whether you like it or not, I am intelligent and creative. These attributes do not bode well for those intent on negativity. "Well we'll post nagative...." Bring it! I've been competitively gaming for over 10 years. It's time to light things up!

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Maybe if you keep ***ing about it Trendy will completely understand your point-of-view and change every aspect of the game in order to favor your preference. 

They are being open about their changes. They are "working" on the game all of the time. You expect them to snap their fingers and for changes to occur RIGHT NOW to your liking. Maybe they'll snap their fingers and half of the whiners will disappear.

Or maybe bro, they'll just say, "you're right" and pack up their bags, with the Friday fun-stream reading "peace" for an-hour-and-a-half and never return.

Can you make a game that garners much attention, with very fun art and mechanics. Ca you?...no? Shut your mouth!

Look how destructive your post reads. Look how much time you put into it; how long it is... "Join me everybody!" Where is your constructive, positive feedback? These guys at Trendy have become so personal/open. They put life into DD2. Their process has really bothered me at times. Changing bees? Changing weapons mans? Changing the next thing when every tower can become a META? A continual META until their is an overhaul. I don't get their methods sometimes but I'm not out to post evidence to move people into a negative direction.

"Lotus we have the right to freedom of speech." And I have the right to be pissed off about it. The hardest thing about making any game is consumers that are not aware of the world around them. BE GRATEFUL. The day will come when you will no longer be able to play this game.

Stinking followers. I love this game, that's why it pisses me off sometimes.

If this is how you're going to reply in further posts, then I'm going to ignore you ( Because it seems like you've failed to read or take in anything ) and judging by the replies you've posted, it doesn't seem like you're interested in doing so. 

For 1, they are not open about all their changes, see the cost for vault update.  Nor do they talk to us about why there are specific reasons for why the system is the way it is. I do understand they heavily communicate with the players here but they are quiet about some issues for a reason (hint $).

Two, there comes a point where we have to ask what is my liking and what is healthy for the game? If there are a number of people on the forums and on steam reviews complaining about a certain feature, you have to ask yourself, is this enjoyable for the player or are we making enough money for this to sustain ourselves in the future?

Three, I cannot make a game and just because I can't, doesn't negate my ability to criticise a game or talk about the problems plaguing it. Excluding the protean problems, these issues have been in the game since chaos was released. It does not take a genius to figure this out.

Where's my feedback? I gave it already, did you read my post? Just look at tower skins. Are towers one of the things you look at the most in the game yet there's only 1 skin of them for about every hero? It feels like a missed opportunity for them to make money, you could make a similar model and just focused purely on cosmetics. Another one, the shard system feels extreme clugish for players yet you know why they haven't talked about this or fixed it? Guess how much shard packs cost? Guess how you could fix it? Just make it so shards only drop for heroes you own. But you know why they haven't done something so simple? Take another guess at the model of this. Free to play. Certain features are designed so you spend money on their game instead of a Pay to play model. There's nothing wrong with this model but when it heavily affects the gameplay is when you will see players leave. 

I am grateful for this game, I have more hours than the average player. I want this game to succeed. Of course from your point of view, you may think I'm extremely negative but I want these problems to be fixed. If you're a player yourself you would understand my post sounds like a broken record. Why? Because you're on the leaderboards on ps4 yet you don't see anything in what I'm speaking about? The question here is whether or not you find the problems with this game enjoyable enough to keep playing.

Then it is mandatory that you ignore me, do you understand (rhetorical)? The days of me sitting back and reading negative posts about games are over. Those days ended today. For you to come in and post such as you did is a flat-out immature move. "What makes it immature?" You posted negative viewpoints looking for people to back you up. There is nothing constructive about it. It's like gossip, when Trendy is currently working on problems. They play the game with us (Glint give someone else a chance to play with Lawlta. There were kids asking for Lawlta to kick someone, but you should have just backed out. I'm on a PS4 so this does not pertain to me. Let the other kids play. The fact that you're on every stream says something), and are humorous, and shoe themselves. They are engaged.

I'm still on the boards as a Moderator for a different PS4 game and heard so much negative banter, indicative of a young, brave warrior behind a keyboard. I've had enough. Again, on a friday-fun stream they should just leave "peace"  on the screen the entire day and leave it at that, never to return.

You take the time out to post extensive, opinion-based negativity about a game, in a forum, where everybody plays said game, and you expect those that appreciate the game to be silent. No more, person. Your rights, and anyone else who seeks to be negative on DD2 forums, should have their rights to play revoked. You won't, your're lucky, be grateful; but, you should. 

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Then it is mandatory that you ignore me, do you understand (rhetorical)? The days of me sitting back and reading negative osts about gamed are over. Those days ended today. For you to come in and post such as you did is a flat-out immature move. "What makes it immature?" You posted negative viewpoints looking for people to back you up. Thete is nothing constructive about it. It's like gossip, when Trendy is currently working on problems. They play the game with us (Glint give someone else a chance to play with Lawlta. There were kids asking for Lawlta to kick someone, but you should have just backed out. I'm on a PS4 so this does not pertain to me. Let the othet kids play. The fact that you're on every stream says something).

Can you tell me what constitutes constructive in your eyes then? Because you're unironically being extremely immature when you come in here swearing at everyone and saying we're just being negative offering no counterpoints, at most one with poor foundation. When I clearly addressed that in the previous post. Do you lack an understanding of what I'm posting? Your stream is irrelevant, not sure why you even mentioned it.

I'm still on the boards as a Moderator for a different PS4 game and heard so much negative banter, indicative of a young, brave warrior behind a keyboard. I've had enough. Again, on a friday-fun stream they should just leave "peace"  on the screen the entire day and leave it at that.

I'm still on the boards as a Moderator for a different PS4 game and heard so much negative banter, indicative of a young, brave warrior behind a keyboard. I've had enough. Again, on a friday-fun stream they should just leave "peace"  on the screen the entire day and leave it at that

So you moderate another board and state your hate for 'brave warriors behind a keyboard' yet here you are, coming in and swearing at people expressing an opinion who have no hostility towards you. What's your problem?

You take the time out to post extensive, opinion-based negativity about a game, in a forum, where everybody plays said game, and you expect those that appreciate the game to be silent. No more, person. Your rights, and anyone else who seeks to be negative on DD2 forums, should have their rights to play revoked. You won't, your're lucky, be grateful; but, you should. 

So highlighting the problems with a game is now negative, is it? Is this forum only to moderated only to included positive posts? So what you're saying is that Trendy should only listen to positive comments and not comments about issues players are having, correct? 

My opinion is wildly supported by everyone already through past posts and reviews on steam. if you have an answer to why as I'm wrong then voice your opinion. Your only answer now is that they are fixing the game, but I've debunked that. Shard problems, difficulty problems and inventory problems. How long do they need to fix these issues? Or do you think they know of these issues and just want cash grabs. Just look at the vault. You're literally 1500 ascension on ps4 and you don't actually think they know what they are doing at this point with the development of the game? Seriously with 1500 ascension, you should have a crap ton of shards yet you don't see any problem with the way gilded shards clog up your storage? 

So not only have you contradicted yourself, you actually believe there is nothing wrong with what you're saying. Furthermore, you think those who express a negative opinion - an opinion that clearly highlights the problems associated with the game and recommendations to improve the quality of the game - should be banned from playing the game? 

That actually sounds great, Trendy should just start banning players who have a problem with their game. Sounds like a great business model. 

It's honestly at this point I can't tell if you're even trolling or not. As someone who has 250+ posts on this forum you know what goes on already here.

Hey , you said that you would ignore me. You need to be brave and stick to your guns. Here I go:

"...when you come in here swearing at everyone and saying we're just being negative offering no counterpoints..."

How interested do you think I am in offering you, a public forum complainer, counterpoints? My ascension is 2315 and I have zero problem with shards. I dust what I know I am not going to use, and am very efficient with the rest. The BEST way to object to ANY questionable purchase is to NOT purchase it. You came here hoping for more support to your negative feedback, this was NOT constructive crticism.

Whatever else you said, your posts was a whine and you're crying out plain and simple looking for people to cry with you. You're creating negativity. Trendy is working on stuff now. I brought up being a moderator to let players like you know that I've seen this a thousand times before. I care NOT AT ALL what you think of me. You are a complainer, a naysayer. Trying to get negative support feedback. You're not trying to improve the game. You're trying to defame it.

Henceforth, I'm going to come after you guys. Cursing everyone out? What cuss words did I use? Just two of you, but that's everyone? Don't come here to whine. I brought up streaming to let you know that I am going to flamboyantly be using message-board naysayers as subject material....and Ionlyplaydryad, I can hardly wait.

All you did here was whine. I am tired of people like you being a part of games that I participate in. I will be silent no more. This type of posting has NEVER helped games get better.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Hey , you said that you would ignore me. You need to be brave and stick to your guns. Here I go:

"...when you come in here swearing at everyone and saying we're just being negative offering no counterpoints..."

How interested do you think I am in offering you, a public forum complainer, counterpoints? My ascension is 2315 and I have zero problem with shards. I dust what I know I am not going to use, and am very efficient with the rest. The BEST way to object to ANY questionable purchase is to NOT purchase it. You came here hoping for more support to your negative feedback, this was NOT constructive crticism.

So your only counterpoint is not to purchase it? How is this a counterpoint at all? You've failed to address almost anything I've said. 'Just dust what you don't use', what if I'm a new player still deciding how many shards I need to save or if I want to try new builds? What about shards drop rates? 'Just don't purchase' Don't purchase vaults? How about the fact that game literally corners you into the position in where you have to buy extra space or your gameplay experience is ruined from inventory management? I even addressed this in my first post. With no filter system and about 5 bags, You're going to spend a lot of time managing your inventory instead of playing the game. You even heard the outcry over using money for the vaults. This wasn't even communicated to the players. Even in the steam reviews, the same thoughts are mirrored.

You still have yet to tell me what constitutes constructive criticisms.   You just said I sound negative, pointing out the flaws within a game is negative?. What would be constructive criticism here then? I already gave you some options for shifting the focus from paying features to cosmetics. I already said they could just fix the shard drop rate problem, it isn't hard. 

Whatever else you said, your posts was a whine and you're crying out plain and simple looking for people to cry with you. You're creating negativity. Trendy is working on stuff now. I brought up being a moderator to let players like you know that I've seen this a thousand times before. I care NOT AT ALL what you think of me. You are a complainer, a naysayer. Trying to get negative support feedback. You're not trying to improve the game. You're trying to defame it.

Again, you failed to read my message. Saying Trendy is working on stuff now isn't an argument. I have already said these are problems that have plagued the game for months yet nothing is done. So I will repeat myself again. If there are a number of people on the forums and on steam reviews complaining about a certain feature, you have to ask yourself, is this enjoyable for the player or are we making enough money for this to sustain ourselves in the future?

Me trying to defame the game? Do you honestly think if someone was going to try to defame a game, they would do it on the board where the devs have the power to remove it? And even if I wanted to defame it, would I go to the trouble in coming up with a number of points and solutions? The fact that I'm coming up with solutions already means im being constructive, that's criticism in itself. Just because an opinion being voiced isn't liked by you, doesn't mean its negative and not criticism. 

Henceforth, I'm going to come after you guys. Cursing everyone out? What cuss words did I use? Just two of you, but that's everyone? Don't come here to whine. I brought up streaming to let you know that I am going to flamboyantly be using message-board naysayers as subject material....and Ionlyplaydryad, I can hardly wait.

When you come in here being extremely hostile towards people in the thread, you're being more negative than me. People actually have to scroll down and read your comments. For what its worth, you're creating more negativity than me. From that alone, I believe this thread is going to be locked because of you. 

All you did here was whine. I am tired of people like you being a part of games that I participate in. I will be silent no more. This type of posting has NEVER helped games get better.

I mean if you do not like people talking about the flaws within a game, then I believe you should stay off the forums. People generally want to see games do good and offer their viewpoint to the problems being faced. If you're a moderater and you think this constitutes negativity within a forum playground while you're unironically being negative yourself, then I would be quite worried for the forum you're moderating. 

Again, this comment has no foundation unless you state what constructive criticism is. All you said was my post was negative. All I did was highlight problems within the game and offered some solutions. Can you tell me why it is not constructive criticism if I'm willing to acknowledge within the post I like the game and just wish for tedious features to be fixed? 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Y'know what. This thread may be going extreme. Perhaps it's time to lock this thread. I do remember this kind of threads getting locked. I'm not siding anyone but....as I said, it's getting a bit extreme.

If anything I would like this to be discussed more, the fact that one person can come in and ruin almost everything is quite annoying. Just look at the tone of this person from the minute he posted. From that fact alone this thread is going to get locked. 

I just want answers.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Y'know what. This thread may be going extreme. Perhaps it's time to lock this thread. I do remember this kind of threads getting locked. I'm not siding anyone but....as I said, it's getting a bit extreme.