Sign in to follow this  
Sparton505

Boost auras

psst you wanna know why boost aura is good hey?

It's cause - you have a spare gilded deadly strikes and gilded Gasping Slow watsaface shard laying around, there you're not using and you just put them on your boost aura, and you do not even do the effort of farming a relic for the boost aura nope, you just use that campaign relic all the way cause who de - would do the hard work of picking up a relic and putting it in the boost aura slow right?? and then you farming AP resets without upgrading any shards cause you have 2 towers with gilded shards and that extra boost aura, that would give you that 104% dps boost on non-frosty/beserker lanes, - whats better than 2 PDT? a PDT and a boost aura - your world has been blown right? 

Oh so you want more - whats better than 5 Hornets?, 4 Hornets and a Boost aura FACT, rip if you use it on a frosty lane.

edit: I also have to add that you folks out there that pay $$$$ for tenacity, you don't even need it for boost aura, CAUSE BOOST AURA SLOW STILL WORKS EVEN IF ITS STUNNED,* dat so OP NERF NERF 

"CAUSE BOOST AURA SLOW STILL WORKS EVEN IF ITS STUNNED,* dat so OP NERF NERF" - Exodus (powerful tag)

Now that Trendy is aware of this...

Five well-placed flame auras supercedes the effectiveness of four flames under the influence of boost. Why? You cover more area to damage. Boost aura limits the distance in which you can place any tower. I brought up Tenacity because of the diverse group of towers that would be under the influence of boost that would be affected by cyborks and frosties.

I use 130 DU to 160 DU per lane in Onslaught. If I'm using more, something is off. The area options are much greater without boost as opposed to operating within the confines of getting boosted power. The circumference of boost aura is only so great, limiting your range of placement tower-wise; thus, taking away the advantage of boost aura. I get its power increase, but using 130 DU per lane to 160 DU allows a player to overkill the 5th wave of the lost temple.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

"CAUSE BOOST AURA SLOW STILL WORKS EVEN IF ITS STUNNED,* dat so OP NERF NERF" - Exodus (powerful tag)

Now that Trendy is aware of this...

Five well-placed flame auras supercedes the effectiveness of four flames under the influence of boost. Why? You cover more area to damage. Boost aura limits the distance in which you can place any tower. I brought up Tenacity because of the diverse group of towers that would be under the influence of boost that would be affected by cyborks and frosties.

I use 130 DU to 160 DU per lane in Onslaught. If I'm using more, something is off. The area options are much greater without boost as opposed to operating within the confines of getting boosted power. The circumference of boost aura is only so great, limiting your range of placement tower-wise; thus, taking away the advantage of boost aura. I get its power increase, but using 130 DU per lane to 160 DU allows a player to overkill the 5th wave of the lost temple.

Sorry man you are so lost, when I say slow every time I meant slow and not boosting defense power, and that 104% dps boost I said is not defense power boost its an estimated, of the 48% (Enemies are slowed to 48% speed), -reread what wetwipes said and it appears you both were talking about the actual DP buff of boost aura.
I was talking about the logical over time damage boost the tower gives with the 48% slow.

As I understand your post above, you are trying to fit all your flames auras in a boost aura, and thats why boost aura is so bad? 

And yeah I want trendy to be aware of the bug.

To be honest, while trying to make my initial post goofy I might have made it easy to misunderstand,
to make it more clear: there is a shard Boosted Grasp when its gilded it slows enemies to 48%, I can't remember the non gilded speed, when you put that with a deadly strikes you have a large enough radius to slow a lane effectively, and if a enemy speed is halfed, you would think the damage dealt to him would be double in the time it take to get from A to B, so instead of using boost aura as a tower boost directly, use it as a slow tower (tower boost indirectly) and I mentioned having campaign relic cause you just simply dont need defense power if you only use it for slow, also I mentioned frosty and beserkers as they DO NOT get slowed it wont work on them, so you just don't use your boost (slow) aura on those lanes, and it will for a fact make uhm 4 flame auras, better than 5. 
I hope that clears it up.

Great post. I don't use boost due to, as you said, the inability to fit my towers within the circle and still have them be effective. I use a line-up-down-paths, or off-to-the-side method. This has allowed me to use minimal DU per wave and then overbuild on the fifth. I made a lot of efforts to get to the lowest DU builds per wave possible. My builds are chaotic where the boost aura would cause me to switch focus to a more confined build. I get that it has been improved, yet the cost. If someone could show me a tactical build that would keep each lane at 160 DU or less then I would experiment. Once I get one more shard gilded and two players to C7 gear, I'll be climbing again.

boost auras area really good after the proteon patch for certain builds but it takes work and understanding how shards and mods affect the stats it boosts. its the most effective way to get over 100% dcrit dmg to all the towers in its radius without sacrificing mod slots on the tower itself. Yes crit is good (and with this build power transfer is actually good too) if you build it correctly and boost aura is a big part of that.

Theres also a lot of bugs with boost aura and certain shards stacking (that are not supposed to stack) that are giving it too much power. I have tweaked boost auras to give over 40k extra dpower or 45% dcrit dmg when upgraded depending on the shard/mod stacking. 

But this requires a lot of end game mastery shards, a lot of gilded shards, a lot of at least 9/10 green mods to pull off. Its not a build for most people, its a build for when theres nothing else to do and you have a lot of resources to blow. 

For your last question lotus, you have the resources so you can test it out. Look at the diverse mods (dcrit dmg and dpwr). Look at the defense power when boosted mod for the towers in the aura and destructive pylon. I have made effective BA builds using a mix PDT/Earthshatter/(insert fun 3rd tower here (cannons, sandvipers, hailstorm towers for instance) / hornet spamming / flame aura, fissures, LS in a BA (requries several tenacity's). These are examples of builds that are effective with BA and are worth the cost, however these are all builds that would work just as effectively without BA and another tower or two down.

Boost auras are extremely awesome when built correctly, they can give nearly 25% or more extra Crit damage to towers, and the boost itself is phenomenal. IF you have destructive pylon there is no contest. Boost is amazing

Shards, deadly, destructive pylon, critical damage / boosted grasp depending on setup

Servos, defense power, critical damage, diverse critical damage

Boost auras, i'm a fan. Use them in almost every chaos build. Generally for their slow and other abilities. Like little tool boxes. I have 4 monks each with a different boost aura set up. That being said, i don't use much in onslaught. Seldom do u have a lane that is free from cyborks or frosties or isn't immune to slow or whatever. Also, i can get stalls for cheaper. A sand trap set up proper after a few upgrades crits for crazy amounts of damage. I've seen sandys critting for 20 mill and more and at half the price of boost aura. Lotus is right that they also limit how u build out a lane as ur forced to build around BA. ( if your using them to boost that is). So every one is right. BAs can be super fun and effective but are conditional just like every other tower in the game. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Are they worth it? Hell yes, i use them alot! Will they always b the right choice? No definitely not. It comes down to the users preference and imagination. 

@024noi quote:

So every one is right. BAs can be super fun and effective but are conditional just like every other tower in the game. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Are they worth it? Hell yes, i use them alot! Will they always b the right choice? No definitely not. It comes down to the users preference and imagination. 

very well said