Sign in to follow this  
DP2118

Returning Player...What Exactly Should I Be Doing?

I haven't played DD2 in over a year. The last thing I was doing was farming c5 trials, which I see are now expeditions. I've read the patch notes as far back as I can recognize the last time I played, and have just a few questions:

1. Should I still be doing c5? I can currently run c5 solo no problem, probably moving to c6 today.

2. Onslaught? I see the majority of people talking about farming this, but is this for c7 geared people?

3. I'm only ascension 160ish, but see a lot of people talking about AP resets. I've read the notes, but does anyone have a link to a guide on it? How it relates to Onslaught? When to do it? Gilded shards?

4. The gear I'm currently getting is dropping at 10/10 upgrade levels, do we not have to spend gold upgrading gear anymore?

5. Can you upgrade mods? Or are the only mods worth keeping the ones higher in the range?

Thanks in advance for the help.

My recommendation is to try to climb to C7 until you are fully geared. You CAN do Onslaught, but you will get less XP, less gold, and (potentially) less gear. Once you can cruise through c7 and have at or near max gear, move over to Onslaught. 

Thats not to say you can't check out Onslaught if you want now. You certainly can. You just won't progress as quickly. 

As for the reset, the recommended course of action is to not do it until after you've climbed as high as you can in Onslaught and have many ascention points (at minimum ascension 500, probably a lot more). The reward for resetting is minimal, and it takes you all the way back to campaign level, both you and all of your gear. 

fisrt of all look through your inventory because 2018 reroll way better then the 2015 reroll. this one gives you a chance at becoming a over night billionaire. (FOR FREE). discord price check. gain some knowledge on the new trading system. then take the few hours to put a crit build together and go crazy....

YEAH I SAID CRIT BUILD!

Thank you for the replies. I was able to move through c6 yesterday and can now do c7 (most of the maps). I might have cheated a little bit and just bought cheap c7 relics and gear that I found in random peoples shops, but it works.

I remember the last thing I was doing was spam running c4 maps, all the way to ascension 150 and I still have never seen a single defense attack rate shard. Which brings me to my next question: I'm capped on coins, and I think I used to spend them on pets/heroes. I have all the heroes except the 3 new ones, and I really don't see anyone using any of the new 3 over the others, so do people just buy pets with coins still? Or should I be buying shard packs?

So right now I think I'm supposed to be farming c7 for gear, mods, and shards. Then when I get those, move to Onslaught. Someone in game past night pointed out that I should be looking for ANY c7 gear now that rolled 95%+ of its max range and upgrade it, so I'll start doing that.

I see a lot of talk about people being short on gold - what is everyone spending their gold on?

For your defender medals buy up your characters it will make some mastery levels a bit easier. Coins for pets meh ppl are selling them all the time so if you really want the pet  would you rather spend gold or medals either works.  I can't speak for everyone but I'm broke because of gilding 130 shards lol ;)

I cannot speak for everyone, but I have spent myself into the poorhouse by gilding shards. At 2million a pop, gilding can wreck your bank account. 

Also, ancient power resets can cost a lot because you have to re-upgrade all your shards.   

As for defense rate shards, they are found in C4. And it is just a matter of RNG to get them. They are worth the effort. 

Thanks guys!

Sorry to keep coming back with more questions, but I really appreciate the help.

I still don't quite understand a couple things about mods. Do mods apply to EVERYTHING, or just that particular tower/hero? For example, if I have the orcs explode mod on my blockade, but my pdt kills the orc or my gunwitch kills the orc, does it still explode? Or is it only if that tower/hero with that mod gets the killing blow.

Also, the range of rolls on a mod:

https://imgur.com/R9Kn6Gg

(cannot figure out for the life of me how to just post the pic here without the link)

This mod rolled at 32.33%, but is showing 5/6 on the gauge. 32.33% isn't 5/6ths the range to 46.67% - what am I missing here? Or does the gauge not represent the range of rolls?

Also someone in game just told me that overlapping flame auras (or any auras) actually stacks the damage - is that correct?

Mods only add a certain %. Some when upgraded to max c8 will give you 100 if and only if they're a perfect maxed green mod. 

No the explode mod will only work if your wall gets the killing blow on the orc. Mods only work for the specific tower they are on

@SELL SW0RD quote:

I cannot speak for everyone, but I have spent myself into the poorhouse by gilding shards. At 2million a pop, gilding can wreck your bank account. 

Also, ancient power resets can cost a lot because you have to re-upgrade all your shards.   

As for defense rate shards, they are found in C4. And it is just a matter of RNG to get them. They are worth the effort. 

GIlding shards may not be all that. Chose wisely. Sometimes it's just more cost effective to upgrade the shards after reset with the daily defender medals...but I only run with 4 heroes instead of one for each tower (not all powerful but I make it to 65).

Oh and the last tier of mod perfect dark green is the highest jump in stats.

The stat jump from dark green lvl 9 to dark green full on perfect is larger by far than any other level on any given mod

@Lagmonster quote:

Mods only add a certain %. Some when upgraded to max c8 will give you 100 if and only if they're a perfect maxed green mod. 

No the explode mod will only work if your wall gets the killing blow on the orc. Mods only work for the specific tower they are on

So you can upgrade mods? Where?

You can't "upgrade" mods, but you can upgrade them to next chaos tier by upgrading the item to next chaos tier.

But a yellow mod on that item will still be yellow.

There's a small stat increase that you get from leveling the gear to the next chaos lvl. If you find a chaos 1 red relic with a 5% to what ever stat. When you find it again in c2 even tho the quality is the same the stats will be slightly higher. The only mod that I can give exact on would be tenacity . a chaos 7 perfect gives 95%. When you evolve to chaos 8 if increase to 100%.  Same mod different item power