Sign in to follow this  
emilian

Should i buy Material Vault ?

To decide if it's a Quality of Life adition ... i need some answers from people who already OWN Material Vault ... NOT opinions Emoji_Apprentice.png Tx in advance.

Short Question: If i move ALL materials into the Material Vault ... so my bags are competly empty ... at the end of the map where the new dropped materials go ? into Mat Vault ? or into bags and i have to manualy introduce them into Mat Vault ?

Long Version Question: In order to keep my inventory clean i keep my Materials in one place ... and my bag looks like this ...

2018080920083dsf2_1.jpg

and everything that goes over 99 i have to move to my normal Vault and it looks like this ...

Material_Vault_Simulation.jpg

So the question is ... After i buy Material Vault do i have to keep a copy of every Material in my Bag ? (First image = 40 Slots) ... And if i do... i have to manualy insert them into the Material Vault ... So buying Material Vault will only help me compress some Motes and some Amps (it will help me compress only the second image not the first image), right ?

The material vault page comes last on your vault page list. The page has a name and icon that cannot be changed from what i see. It has slots for each of the materials that came in the last update for tinkering an upgrading. You can put up to 999 into each slot, but you can only remove 99 back out at a time. It is easy to move all of your resources into it as there is a "move all" feature that works great. 

Once you move all items into your materials vault page - once you acquire any new items, they go on your bag pages (as auto-collect is setup to do). You have to go visit the vault basically every day, and drop off any newly acquired items. It is kind of a pain to do, but still better than a whole bag page being permanently taken up. 

When you go to use the same said items though - you do not need to remove them. Once dropped off in the vault, you can still go directly to tinkering, and it will see all items you have, even in your vault. Same with upgrades. It is a nice touch to this setup. 

I would love for all collected items to go directly into the vault page. That would be true bag space freedom. However, since the vault page has limits, i can see why the bag must also be used. I just think it should not kick in until the vault is full. 

Let me know if you want to know anything else. Sharkman_insane.png

Honestly, no. I've made a thread here and you can have plenty of opinions about whether you should get it or not. There's recently been a comment I agree strongly with:

@Captain Alejo quote:

I don't mind this being a premium purchase out right. 

I do mind this critical detail being left out of all communication regarding the feature.

I do mind this being capped at a very low amount of materials. 

I do mind this being implemented as a bank vault rather than an on person material storage like D3.

I do mind this being priced at nearly $15. 

I do mind that the overall cost of maxing out your inventory and shop rivals the cost of purchasing a AAA title.

I do mind the efforts to drown players in materials simply to leverage the inventory pain point as a monetization tool.

Vote with your money, people. The idea that multiple people in this thread mentioned they would buy this regardless of feeling like it is overpriced, that they are being screwed, and that they are unhappy about doing so is ridiculous. Don't reward these kinds of features if you ever expect to see change. 

I don't want to influence your opinion with mine, so I invite you to read the thread and decide for yourself, since there are many people with different opinions in there saying why they like/don't like it.

I just got it but so far I like. Still trying to figure out how it is used in game or if I have to pull things out in order to sell them. 

I use a similar method. I have a bag for collecting consumables in general and then any overflow goes into the other bags. 

It works kinda like your Materials bag in the vault except that it holds a lot more stuff and you don't have to organize it yourself. You would just skip through your bags, click the transfer all button and it just puts them in place and clears up your bag.

@Jaws_420 quote:

Once you move all items into your materials vault page - once you acquire any new items, they go on your bag pages (as auto-collect is setup to do). You have to go visit the vault basically every day, and drop off any newly acquired items. It is kind of a pain to do, but still better than a whole bag page being permanently taken up. 

I would love for all collected items to go directly into the vault page. That would be true bag space freedom. However, since the vault page has limits, i can see why the bag must also be used. I just think it should not kick in until the vault is full. 

This is the answer i am looking for ... Thank you !

Nefhith i have read your thread ... EVERY post in fact and i have 2 posts myself ... i am not asking for anyone's Opinion ... just Facts :) does Materials Collect in Vault  or no ? NO i will decide if it's usefull based on facts ... Thank you for your prompt answer.

Thread closed i have my answer.

I have bought it but regret doing so.  You can buy two bank vaults for cheaper and they hold a lot more materials than the bank vault ever will.  The real kicker is that you also need to keep materials in your bags as well as they don't auto transfer over.  So for instance all those shards that get dusted don't automatically go to the bank.  

@Faking quote:

I have bought it but regret doing so.  You can buy two bank vaults for cheaper and they hold a lot more materials than the bank vault ever will.  The real kicker is that you also need to keep materials in your bags as well as they don't auto transfer over.  So for instance all those shards that get dusted don't automatically go to the bank.  

... But, once they're in there, you don't have to pull them back out. 

Thanks Trendy. Of course I wouldn't have minded a free material bag, but for all the hours of fun I've enjoyed in this game, I didn't mind throwing a little cheddar your way. 

@Faking quote:

I want those 200 slots bags as well.

Where do I get them?

@Rentard quote:

Thanks Trendy. Of course I wouldn't have minded a free material bag, but for all the hours of fun I've enjoyed in this game, I didn't mind throwing a little cheddar your way. 

This is a good and decent mindset. 

But some of us have opened up bags and bags of cheddar ever since early access, and now we have to keep drizzling cheese over the dungeon defenders pizza, to get QOL stuff they are hard at work with making us need, if we want our gaming experience to be hassle free. This is why I dislike the F2P model, with a vengeance.

Agreed, I prefer to Buy my games Once, and Buy Expansions not this Nickle and dime Garbage that is Free to play. my wife plays farmville.. Spends over $100 a month on Microtrans.. Trying to get her to play Stardew Valley Etc..  Buy once and Play all u like No BS microtrans

I really enjoyed the DD1 pay model. Buy the game. Buy the DLC's. In each you get a package of maps, weapons, pets, and gear (that come with it). One price - one purchase (each). No $$$ beyond that. I would have paid a lot more than $15 for the base game as well. I loved buying each DLC though, and did so with glee. I do not find that same level of excitement when it comes to things like the Materials Bag or a gem bundles. I guess I like getting a package full of goodies. Feels more like a present, even though i bought it. 

Sure DD2 has gotten me to spend more, but it has not always been with a happy face. It's a roller coaster of emotions at times. Micro transactions do not bring the same level of satisfaction or gratification that the "package" buys from DD1 provided. However, i will say - in DD1 we only got (on PS4) the game and 4 DLCs (i don'tr remember if we had to buy Crystal Dim. or not...), so getting new things took a VERY LONG TIME, and on the PS4, we got squat in terms of heroes and themed events. So in that sense, DD2 is a million times better than DD1. 

Maybe there is a happy middle ground somewhere out there still to find...Sharkman_insane.png

Update ... after listening to subjective opinions abut it + gathering technical info about it ... i decided to buy... at first i considered it expensive and if it weren't for DLC i would not buy it for 16 $ (Thank you Paloverde) ... but now that i bought it and tested it for a while i have my own opinion.

1) Resetting is giving more C7 Materials, so afte a few maps i go to deplete my bag into Mat Vault ... so instead of using half of page in bags (my first image) i only use one row wit Materials (that's arround 8 slots) ... and i have to admit it ... it's usefull, Thank you Devs, and sorry this time i had doubts.

2) i Still consider you should have given an discount to Deff Council

3) Price to 1250 Gems

4) Make it go over 999 ... with Gems of course ... we can spend 350 Gems to make it hold 1999  and 350 Gems more ... it goes 2999 until 9.999 ... or maybe i am greedy.

Emoji_Ogre.png

My Review at the moment is 8.5 out of 10 stars because of reason #3 and #4.