Sign in to follow this  
Aparris

Level select freeze

I need help >.< 

When I host a game the map select doesn't freeze ever. Its always when I close it and revisit the level select that it has a high chance of freezing.

Note that the game itself doesn't freeze, Its just the level select that does.  Then I have to restart the game. This prevents me from hosting entirely.

https://imgur.com/a/MOvn4NY

This happens to me too but only when i use my emulator. leaving the tavern and coming back usually fixes it. im not entirely sure that this is the problem you have but yeah thats my solution

@bonny quote:

This happens to me too but only when i use my emulator. leaving the tavern and coming back usually fixes it. im not entirely sure that this is the problem you have but yeah thats my solution

I cant exit the tavern while the level select is frozen. D:

@Aparris quote:

@bonny quote:

I cant exit the tavern while the level select is frozen. D:

Try to close the game using control+shift+escape to open task manager. That should allow you to close the game using end task even if it's frozen. If that doesn't work, restart your computer using control+alt+delete so your computer isn't frozen by the game. It might help to check the game files through steam or completely reinstall if you have continued freezing.

There are two separate problems:

① If you add controller characters in the tavern, the buttons which were previously active become unresponsive until you leave the tavern and come back.  This is a known bug but not very easy to fix, so unfortunately I didn't manage to fix it for Update 4.

② If you activate the crystal very quickly after another menu has closed, the game can get confused about which one is on top, and then it won't let you press any buttons or even close it, because it doesn't think that menu is the active one.  I put in a workaround for this coming from one menu, but it turns out people are having this problem coming from multiple menus, so it's going to need a more general fix in a future update.

You can work around problem one by going to a map and coming back.  You can work around problem two by waiting a second before pressing 'g' after closing a menu.