Sign in to follow this  
Faking

Far fewer drops and gold solo

@vesidol quote:

> punish people for playing multiplayer in an online game

> "fix" this after years. By punishing people for playing singleplayer by reducing their income by 1/4th.

Genius.

Income is not reduced by 1/4th. I've covered this in other threads, and validated by data that we've pulled, it is not even CLOSE to this number. Here's a list of things affected with this patch:

• Selling price for gear to vendors reduced.
  • Item drop amounts and Victory Chest amounts in solo play left alone.
  • Map completion gold earned left alone.
  • Consecutive Win Bonus gold earned left alone.
  • Ancient Power gold gains left alone.

We're not going to go into exact specific numbers, but the majority of the gold you earn is from map completion. Any perception of previously getting more items and getting less now is wrong. The average amount of items is the same, something we've verified and watched carefully. There are always chances to receive more or less gear drops, these have not been changed and again, the average remains the same.

The total gold amount that players earn from completing a map (without Ancient Power bonuses or Consecutive win bonus) and selling all their gear now is somewhere between 100%> and 90% of what they earned before Patch 3.2. Not going to say where this amount is specifically, but it falls in that range. It gets closer to 100% (won't ever be 100% exactly, but gets incredibly close) the more Consecutive Win Bonuses you have and the more Ancient Power you have as well.

There are probably a multitude of reasons players may feel its significantly less, I believe the main one is it's something that's being paid attention to more because it was mentioned as a change, and there are guesses on how much specifically earned. I believe one of our streamers even came forth saying they checked their previous VODs and their current playthroughs, and they're getting the same amount of items on average. 

The bottom line is, I can tell you with certainty that this value of "1/4th less income" is flat out wrong and misguided. We've made sure to monitor this very carefully.

I don't see the income drop as too big of a deal. Mostly because items were not my major source of gold in the game. Grinding C7 expeditions gets you way more gold than anything dropped. While i am not thrilled about the nerf, i see it as minimal impact - although that the begs the question - if we are not getting much gold from vendors as opposed to maps, why bother nerfing it at all? 

Either way its seems a trivial change to me given the big picture. I have every bag i can get, and i collect almost everything and sell most of it back, and still i don't fell jilted by this change. Unnecessary loss - to me, for sure, but i do not feel "robbed" per se. if they nerfed completion gold amounts - now that is a whole other story (but they did not, so we are all good). 

To each their own though, just my take on this. I'd rather be focusing on inventory space and gilding, as i see that as a much bigger issue in the game right now apart from MOD level differentiation.  Sharkman_insane.png

@Jaws_420 quote:

if we are not getting much gold from vendors as opposed to maps, why bother nerfing it at all? 

In solo play, it's minimal. When you multiply the amount of items received in multiplayer, it starts to become not minimal. We tried to make sure that the reduction was as low as possible while making sure that the amount of gold received via vendoring in multiplayer sessions didn't have huge negative impacts on the economy.

@LAWLTA quote:

In solo play, it's minimal. When you multiply the amount of items received in multiplayer, it starts to become not minimal. We tried to make sure that the reduction was as low as possible while making sure that the amount of gold received via vendoring in multiplayer sessions didn't have huge negative impacts on the economy.

I see, that makes sense. thanks for the explanation and follow-up. 

@LAWLTA quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

if we are not getting much gold from vendors as opposed to maps, why bother nerfing it at all? 

At this point, there are older players earning 6+ times as much gold as newer players for completing the exact same content. If a player earning 6 times the gold I do for the same C7 map isn't a negative for the economy, it's tough to understand how selling the extra items from multiplayer at old rates is.

@Tolkmit quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

At this point, there are older players earning 6+ times as much gold as newer players for completing the exact same content. If a player earning 6 times the gold I do for the same C7 map isn't a negative for the economy, it's tough to understand how selling the extra items from multiplayer at old rates is.

And that player has probably poured hundreds of millions into shards, gilding them and overall spending more gold than someone just playing C7 does.

Granted the more shards you gild this cost goes down per reset. But personally I have gone from 160m down to 20m.

So yea, I would say the economy is much healthier now than it has ever been, since we actually got a lot of things to use our gold on now.