Far fewer drops and gold solo

I did an AP reset yesterday and have spent the last 5 hours running c7 to gear back up.  I have been running solo.  I have noticed that for instance to get the earthquake mod it used to take me 4 or 5 runs to get a red one.  Today it took me 5 hours before a red bottom of the range one dropped.  I think this is because there are a lot less drops than before the patch.  I actually used apprentice as my dps the whole 5 hours which normally gives me the drop quickly.  I also had EV2 in my deck and am yet to find a shocking revelation mod.  

I have reset 6 times now and yesterday I was getting about 50K to 60K in gold on selling my unwanted items after a map.  Today I only get about 25K despite getting an extra 5% because of the AP reset.  It seems your nerf to gold in the patch notes was a major one for solo players.  Maybe it is tied in with my initial point of what seems like a lot less drops.

they reduced the value of the Items From my reading So when u play Multiplayer your not to rich. But this game is really a Solo game trying to force a Multiplayer Meta By Punishing folks who play it solo seems like a Poor choice.

@Morisato36 quote:

they reduced the value of the Items From my reading So when u play Multiplayer your not to rich. But this game is really a Solo game trying to force a Multiplayer Meta By Punishing folks who play it solo seems like a Poor choice.

Gotta agree with that.

I'm not very happy about this change, to be honest. I understand that if changes weren't made then this patch acts as a pseudo-100% multiplicative modifier to gold for players who are in a full party. 

In my opinion, there are several underlying problems.

• Loot is too large of a total portion of the gold you earn from maps.

Selling loot, pre-patch, seemed to count as roughly 50-75% of your total haul from the map. A quick and dirty solution is to increase the end-of-map gold by enough so that the total haul (including sold loot) is closer to the pre-patch value for solo play. Full parties will still gain a benefit, but it will overall be much less. 

• Multiplayer issues

This could be a post all on its own. Long story short, I think there's a perfect storm of too many different progression steps, lack of control over your games, player shortage, and the lack of "unspoken rules" in public games (such as don't start the wave timer before building is completed). 

----

I'll be pretty blunt: If I had known that this would have been the outcome, I would have voted differently on the survey.

@MaJean quote:

Solo players have been given the shaft. Loot drops have been at least halved for solo players. I used to fill up a whole bag with loot after a map, but now it´s barely even half that. 

That's counting grey/green/blue items, which more often than not are getting straight up sold.

I only play solo. I read the patch notes briefly so I might have missed something. The way I read it there was just an increase to the loot chest for each hero in the map. To me this seemed like a great way to reward multiplayer without punishing solo. If this is not the case and they actually lowered over all loot drops to additionally make the increased drops more attractive then this is absolute garbage move. 

I hope this is a patch bug that gets fixed. there shouldn't have been a reduction to loot if you are solo while at the same time increasing the multiplayer.

@Chappyy quote:

I only play solo. I read the patch notes briefly so I might have missed something. The way I read it there was just an increase to the loot chest for each hero in the map. To me this seemed like a great way to reward multiplayer without punishing solo. If this is not the case and they actually lowered over all loot drops to additionally make the increased drops more attractive then this is absolute garbage move. 

Nonono. They straight up increased the reward, but in exchange lowered the price of items, which makes solo players get 1/4 of the gold they used to get in exchange for nothing.

cant explain the mods except for rng? but they did patch a bug with the gold glove shard that was giving x extra gold on wave complete instead of just its intended purpose as x gold on pickup. 

More items does not automatically make the game better. The quality of the drops is what people are interested. I hate this idea that throwing more garbage loot at players makes multiplayer worth it.  I don't need more trash to discard. 

Changing the gold value of loot is also a dirty move. It is literally punishing people for playing  solo. I personally won't get hurt by the reduced gold, but for players who are newer or who are on the AP treadmill this is an attack. 

edit: spelling

While the feedback is welcome, there are a couple of points that are just flat out wrong listed here:

- The amount of items that drop in solo games is still exactly the same (both during gameplay and the Victory Chest). The only difference between solo and multiplayer loot drop amounts is in the Victory Chest. We checked the data, players are still receiving the same amount of items on average during solo play that they were receiving before the patch. Nothing has changed here.

- The gold amounts feedback is nice, and we can definitely look into some tweaks. That said, saying solo players are receiving "1/4" of the gold is incredibly misguided. While we don't tend to give out these numbers, I can say it was reduced by less than 30%. 

This feedback is nice, but please don't just throw guessed numbers out there as fact, because it's spreading false information based on emotion.

UGH , this sounds horrible . i been wanting fewer drops but with a better chance at getting good items. i have one bag that collects all blue items so i can look for good mods then sell the gear , its quite tedious and 2 maps almost fills a bag with garbage (pre-patch) . DD2 is not a MP friendly game and even less MP friendly for end game onslaught players .  

edit: this was not a reply to your post Lawlta , it took me longer to make my post as i was dealing with other stuff and had not yet seen your post. just feedback in general :) 

So drop rate for solo and multiplayer hasn't changed just items in end game chest for multiplayer users.  But every item is worth roughly 30% less? am i getting that right? seems just a nerf of gold to all players regardless of player numbers as i feel i make more money from miniboss drops than i do end game chest. sorry if i am mistaken 

@concrete_fish quote:

So drop rate for solo and multiplayer hasn't changed just items in end game chest for multiplayer users.  But every item is worth roughly 30% less? am i getting that right? seems just a nerf of gold to all players regardless of player numbers as i feel i make more money from miniboss drops than i do end game chest. sorry if i am mistaken 

less than 30%*
the reason gold is nerfed is because with multiplayer you get more items and so a better chance at good mods, which you can than sell for more moneys

For me the main issue is bag space.  I was under the impression the materials vault was going to be for everyone and not those who pay for it.  I jumped into an expedition round of c7 last night to see how much loot we'd get but it's just too much for me with only having one bag and one vault space.  I'll take the hit and continue playing solo for now.  However it is nice that more loot drops, especially for those who have max bags/vault space

@luuk_111 quote:

@concrete_fish quote:

less than 30%*
the reason gold is nerfed is because with multiplayer you get more items and so a better chance at good mods, which you can than sell for more moneys

I did say Roughly 30% less. 

The greater chance at getting mods isn't the issue, i think its great. i just dont see the point in going through all this effort to get good mods, just to sell them on the market to make up the gold i used to get from normal items in the first place? so on top of this extra steps i have to do i also dont get to keep this mod i farmed for because i have to supposedly sell it for the money. 

its nice having more items but its only on the end game chest. 

gold is my #1 issue personally atm. I would much rather rely on a steady flow of gold than having to rely on rng than go onto sell items when i just want to get on and play the game.

@Final_Bosu quote:

For me the main issue is bag space.  I was under the impression the materials vault was going to be for everyone and not those who pay for it.  I jumped into an expedition round of c7 last night to see how much loot we'd get but it's just too much for me with only having one bag and one vault space.  I'll take the hit and continue playing solo for now.  However it is nice that more loot drops, especially for those who have max bags/vault space

Just let your bags fill up and everything else will go to the scavenger and you can sort through it after your runs.  They stay there for 3 hours so you have plenty of time.

@Huckleberry4u quote:

@Final_Bosu quote:

Just let your bags fill up and everything else will go to the scavenger and you can sort through it after your runs.  They stay there for 3 hours so you have plenty of time.

Oh...I didn't know it was three hours.  I thought it was only one hour.  LOL.  I suppose I can work with that

@LAWLTA quote:

- The gold amounts feedback is nice, and we can definitely look into some tweaks. That said, saying solo players are receiving "1/4" of the gold is incredibly misguided. While we don't tend to give out these numbers, I can say it was reduced by less than 30%. 

This feedback is nice, but please don't just throw guessed numbers out there as fact, because it's spreading false information based on emotion.

Sorry Lawlta. This part was my fault and I appreciate being corrected.

@LAWLTA quote:

While the feedback is welcome, there are a couple of points that are just flat out wrong listed here:

- The amount of items that drop in solo games is still exactly the same (both during gameplay and the Victory Chest).

Cool. The reduction in gold is slightly saddening but fine. I only use gold for upgrading anyways and I always have DMs if the gold gets too dry.

I have now tried 4 player multi-player for a few maps.  Item drop count seemed the same as solo except for the end of level chest where I generally got about 8 to 10 sellable items.   For four player multi-player my unwanted items (which is usually all of them) gained me about 35K.  As stated earlier for solo I was getting 20 to 25K per map.   Prior to the patch I was getting 50 to 60K per map.  So it seems that even for multiplayer there is a significant drop in gold received as compared to prior to the patch.

How this tallies with your statement that the reduction was less than 30% and made up for by extra gold from end of level chests in MP just does not make sense.  If the intention was to nerf gold received it would be better if you were upfront about it rather than trying to make it seem like there is no net change.

In fact the only way I can see that you arrive at your < 30 % figure is as a total gold received figure.  For instance before patch 80K from map and 50K from items = 130K.  After patch 80K from map and 20K from items = 100K.  So a 30K difference which is 30K/130K gives a 23% overall reduction in gold.  However it took a greater than 50% reduction in items sold gold to achieve this.

@Huckleberry4u quote:

@Final_Bosu quote:

While I agree over all.

I did my first run from 55 to 65 in one go, and it is NOT enough time for that.

Would like for it to be increased a few hours. Maybe 6 instead of 3?

As this was the first time I did that since the expansion released, its not a big issue to me.

But knowing I can do a full reset and check the scavenger afterwards would be nice.

Anyway I do them mostly in 2-4 sessions so its not that big of a deal.

Ok got some numbers.  Just ran 3 random consecutive maps in c7.  Number of items I received excluding shards was 26, 22 and 23.  Does that tally with what you were expecting?  Those are the sort of numbers I am getting consistently which is not even 3 lines of a bag.  I am sure I used to get anywhere from four through to six lines of a bag during a map.  Either way I am down significantly on gold.  

I have now gone from ascension 158 where I hit c7 through to ascension 214 and found only one shatterquake mod and still have not found a shocking revelation mod.  I would find either of these regularly before the patch if I used the required character as my DPS.

@Faking quote:

Ok got some numbers.  Just ran 3 random consecutive maps in c7.  Number of items I received excluding shards was 26, 22 and 23.  Does that tally with what you were expecting?  Those are the sort of numbers I am getting consistently which is not even 3 lines of a bag.  I am sure I used to get anywhere from four through to six lines of a bag during a map.  Either way I am down significantly on gold.  

I have now gone from ascension 158 where I hit c7 through to ascension 214 and found only one shatterquake mod and still have not found a shocking revelation mod.  I would find either of these regularly before the patch if I used the required character as my DPS.

We can look into it, because if it is lower than previously (which our data currently does not reflect it is), it's a bug for stats we did not change. The only change made was to multiply Victory Chest gear based on amount of players in a session, nothing else was touched regarding gear.

> punish people for playing multiplayer in an online game

> "fix" this after years. By punishing people for playing singleplayer by reducing their income by 1/4th.

Genius.