Sign in to follow this  
Thorney1878

Group play bonus

I like that trendy have added an incentive to play with other people, it makes sense, most players have been going solo for a while now and only doing public games when you get bored, but making a 4 player game 425% more loot out of a chest is rubbish, your bags fill up far too quickly, it should of been a certain % to get higher mods, more loot is useless when the mods are crap, i have all available inventory space, and feel that after a couple of maps need to be cleared now because of the extra loot, i wouldn't mind if i was getting some good maybe 3-4 bar mods out of it, but just seem to get 1 bars 90% of the time, i think this new system needs a re-think and be changed so the more people playing = more chance of high end mods dropping

i don't think trendy has realized that saturating people with what is essentially TONS of grey loot isn't very compelling...

diablo 3 does this too though, they crap out pages and pages of yellow blue and white "loot" the only difference is, in D3 you never have to look at ANY of it as it's completely safe to assume it's all garbage and either not pick it up in the first place or instantly disassemble it all for parts

Thats why trendy should have taken a different route and made it so with 2 players its say 10% chance of better mods, 3 players maybe 40% and 4 players 80% chance of better mods, it would give you a motive for playing with random people, as it is now i'm no more inclined to play with other people than before

The more people you have, the greater the chance of high-end mods dropping....absolutely DISAGREE.  Do you all understand that mods are not required, but an added bonus/incentive for AP resets?  Gilding as well?  This was to help those who chose to take advantage of the AP reset, so they would not feel the blunt end of the stick as greatly.  AP resets were barely felt as advantageous in the beginning.  The community cried out, Trendy came up with a solution.  The community cries out, Trendy comes up with a solution.  The persistent dissatisfaction is appauling.

Mods are an added bonus, and are MEANT to be hard to get.  Diablo 3?  Does "Ancient Primal Gear" ring a bell?  Those sets are incredibly difficult to get.  Very little of the community cried out to Blizzard.  Those that did were met with silence.  So Trendy decides to be more transparent, and the community takes advantage of this to the point of asking part of the team to "stand up."  Hey, now that you are going to be responding more often, take time out of your day and give me attention.

Thorney you know that Ancient Primal Gear is very hard to get, that is part of what makes it special.  The drop rate is 100th of the drop rate of Ancient Gear.  The more difficult the drop is to get, the more rewarding.  That is why in MMoRPGs you have to have a massive amount of people for the Raid Mobs, and the Raid Mobs may drop very little gear, yet the gear is typically amazing.

Stop asking for the special drops to become easier to attain, all of you!  Stop trying to get the hard-earned items to become more easy to get.  You don't have the time?  This game requires time.  STOP playing if you do not have the time.  It took me 141 shard drops just to get one shard that I was needing in order to complete the gilding process.  I put the time into this hunt because I CHOSE to.

Say what you want, gripe how you want, I know that I am right.  Trendy, make this game harder...make a game mode that is for hardcore players only with amazing rewards.  Oh then what, the players that don't have the time to be "hardcore" players are going to gripe about not being able to be hardcore and the rewards should be levelled out? Any adventure-rpg requires time and dedication. Set your auto-loot up to where you don't ever see the grey or green items.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

The more people you have, the greater the chance of high-end mods dropping....absolutely DISAGREE.  Do you all understand that mods are not required, but an added bonus/incentive for AP resets?  Gilding as well?  This was to help those who chose to take advantage of the AP reset, so they would not feel the blunt end of the stick as greatly.  AP resets were barely felt as advantageous in the beginning.  The community cried out, Trendy came up with a solution.  The community cries out, Trendy comes up with a solution.  The persistent dissatisfaction is appauling.

Mods are an added bonus, and are MEANT to be hard to get.  Diablo 3?  Does "Ancient Primal Gear" ring a bell?  Those sets are incredibly difficult to get.  Very little of the community cried out to Blizzard.  Those that did were met with silence.  So Trendy decides to be more transparent, and the community takes advantage of this to the point of asking part of the team to "stand up."  Hey, now that you are going to be responding more often, take time out of your day and give me attention.

Thorney you know that Ancient Primal Gear is very hard to get, that is part of what makes it special.  The drop rate is 100th of the drop rate of Ancient Gear.  The more difficult the drop is to get, the more rewarding.  That is why in MMoRPGs you have to have a massive amount of people for the Raid Mobs, and the Raid Mobs may drop very little gear, yet the gear is typically amazing.

Stop asking for the special drops to become easier to attain, all of you!  Stop trying to get the hard-earned items to become more easy to get.  You don't have the time?  This game requires time.  STOP playing if you do not have the time.  It took me 141 shard drops just to get one shard that I was needing in order to complete the gilding process.  I put the time into this hunt because I CHOSE to.

Say what you want, gripe how you want, I know that I am right.  Trendy, make this game harder...make a game mode that is for hardcore players only with amazing rewards.  Oh then what, the players that don't have the time to be "hardcore" players are going to gripe about not being able to be hardcore and the rewards should be levelled out? Any adventure-rpg requires time and dedication. Set your auto-loot up to where you don't ever see the grey or green items.

"...you may think so." - Too Legit

With all due respect, Legit, I did not say that 'I "think" that I am right.'  I said that, 'I know that I am right.'

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Stop asking for the special drops to become easier to attain, all of you!  

i never said make them easier to attain, i said remove the pain in the ass of inspecting EVERY piece of crap loot in order to get them

how about in diablo if you make all the gear the same color and remove the special names of items, they'll just be "sword" and "wand" and you have to mouse over EVERY SINGLE DROPPED ITEM in order to see if it's any good

do you believe this to be a good system? :P

if I were trendy id of done it like this

2 players: a legendary weapon, armor and relic

3 player: bonus materials (maybe a bonus amount of gold for campaign idk though)

4 players: bonus shard

That way 2/3 doesn't fill your bag a stupid amount.  4 player encourages farm sharding in big groups.

This way every bonus person gets better.  Right now at least for me 2 people seems like a sweet spot of I'm not going through my inventory every match but still getting an reward from it.

I don't think in the current way the bonus is enough to encourage many public matches unless doing specifically mod farming/shard farming.

Ram I know you weren't asking for things to be easier, but many others are.  If you read my post I used your example of D3 in reference to the poster's complaint.  Trendy offers more loot?  complain.  If they decreased loot? someone would complain.  I am tired of hearing the gripes after solutions are proposed and instilled. Many people in other threads have this strong desire for the game to become easier. 

@ArchaicLotus quote:

The more people you have, the greater the chance of high-end mods dropping....absolutely DISAGREE.

I don't get it, now the more we are the more loot we get from chest... which indirectly increase our chance to drop higher quality mods, so why would you be against dropping less loot and have more chance of getting a high quality gear/mod instead?  and doing so wouldn't have required to lower item selling prices, so it's win-win.

Also, you mention D3, I haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure the higher difficulty you play the more chance you get of looting best gear, which isn't the case in this game. Someone doing Chaos I has the same chance of dropping a full green mod or near perfect gear than someone climbing onslaught AFAIK... it doesn't make sense to me.

"...so why would you be against dropping less loot and have more chance of getting a high quality gear/mod instead?" - Arcan

Intelligently worded question.  The difficulty scaling in Diablo 3 is much greater than it is in Dungeon Defenders 2.  The game modes, style, looting mechanics, are very different as the game itself is very, very different.  The progression of Diablo 3 caps you out in the Greater Rift mode depending on your power and skill level.  The way Dungeon Defenders 2 is designed, you can attain full green mods at lower levels, then earn/buy the materials to further progress the mods.  I referred to Diablo 3 as an example, because Diablo 3 was used as an example by another individual.

Yes, You did and you sound like a know it all Noob to myself and the vast majority of the seasoned players. You are more than likely a constant complainer and I doubt you get much enjoyment from that either...But unfortunately your here posting your know it all views. Try this: 1. Play a few thousand more hours and then you will have the right to get your panties in a bunch about a game that by all rights is Pay to Play. If you did not pay then kindly keep the constant do this and do that to yourself. 2. Create a post titled "Please Don't Read" and we will all leave you to yourself. That way you and "US" can have our cake and eat it too. You can complain and the rest of "US" will sleep better at night knowing you are only aggravating one person-You

You just said that "you did" when I didn't.  You are being dishonest.  The common thread with people that disagree with me is to misquote me.  I am grateful that the people that are rubbed poorly by my posts are ones that misquote me and have an attacking nature.  I go against/do not associate with this type, due to the nature of failure often associated with such rhetoric. To be more specific, we are referring to the "I think" vs. "I know", and I clearly said that 'I know.' If 200,000 people play this game and all are desiring for it to become easier, then I will readily and easily stand against all 200,000.  "play a few thousand.....panties in a bunch..." the language of the influenced, which is not what one should digest if they want to become stronger, or progress. 

Pay-to-play is a model in which you have to pay to progress.  "...about a game that is by all rights Pay to Play."  Again, you are being dishonest.  I have put a total of $40.00 into this game which was all cosmetic..  I will put more money into the game because I believe in supporting the model.  Free-to-play games are designed to encourage financial gain, like Fortnight, but do not require it.  You are not required to run 4 players for the 425% loot gain, it is only an option.  Be sure to have autoloot set up.

"..you sound like a know it all Noob to myself and the vast majority of the seasoned players."  I sincerely  do not care if every single "seasoned" player is against me.  I will continue to go against people that gripe right after patches and against bad advice.

With the difference between MOD levels 1-4 being almost negligible, it does not take too much time to saturate all of your heroes and defenses with 1-4 gear. Once that happens, and all of the gear you have equipped is pretty much top tier (which mine was before MODs) - that does not leave much to collect from random gear drops any more. At that point you are just hoping to roll level 5 MODs, and that almost never happens. So it is pretty darn easy to max out gear, even with the new update, to the point where looking at all of the gear you get just becomes tiring and taxing. 

More gear only becomes more taxing at that point. Sure you get a couple more chances at better MODs, but the lvl 5 drop rates are so abysmal its like getting an extra lottery ticket. Now instead of 1 chance in a million - you have two!!!! Or you kept your money and have $1 more, which would have been a better choice for 99.99999% of ticket holders. 

Unless MOD levels are changed so that each one has more differentiation from the others (i.e. a reason to replace a level 1 with a level 4) - more loot is not an incentive to play multiplayer by itself for me. Now it is WAAAAAY better than nothing, and i am super glad something was done at all. Just don't try to pretend that this is the cure for cancer or something. If it works for you - more power to you; I'm glad it found an audience. For me, as a loot collector - it is underwhelming by itself. 

The ideas in the thread above about extra shards or better % chance at...well anything. Those are on the right path IMO. DD1 had it so much better on this with more people = better chance at better stats. Now that was a reason to have 3/4 players and all 3 wanted to wait for #4, whereas now you are lucky if you even see a 2nd player and i doubt 3/4 will wait for a 4th just for more loot. 

There is an incredibly thin line between rare items, and "why do i even bother". Level 5 MODs, C8 ampules, perfect rolled anything - these all seem to be a few notches too many into the latter. I imagine that was part of the point of the marketplace - so rare items can be found outside of just your experience, but due to the rareness and greed - they basically remain just as untouchable. I saw a post today that perfect rolled level 5 MOD was going for in excess of 95M gold. Might as well not exist at all with those prices then. The rich get richer and stronger and the poor...suffer. 

With bag space being one of the only things in DD2 you pay real $$$ for - things that fill it up quicker are not exactly going to be met with thunderous applause, unless the quality of that loot is somehow better. 

even with the increase chance at more loot id rather see other bonuses because all the loot just ends up being vendor trash.  After a game I sell around 60-80 pieces of gear (mine and my 5 year olds on PS4) of those I MIGHT keep 1 of I'm lucky.  I normally have to run 3-5 maps before finding 1 light green/green item.  This is about 250 pieces of gear for non perfect mods (still a lot of times bad mods).  Getting an extra 8-10(4 player bonus) pieces of gear doesn't sound as good as getting extra materials or shards.  They could of encouraged multiplayer without screwing with the vendor price of gear.

I like the extra garbage, even garbage sells for gold and you need a ton of gold to do AP resets.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Ram I know you weren't asking for things to be easier, but many others are.  If you read my post I used your example of D3 in reference to the poster's complaint.  Trendy offers more loot?  complain.  If they decreased loot? someone would complain.  I am tired of hearing the gripes after solutions are proposed and instilled. Many people in other threads have this strong desire for the game to become easier. 

In a game with inventory problems already, dropping 5x as much crap useless items into our bags IS NOT A SOLUTION. Stop pretending that it's a solution. It's already bad enough having to mouse over every single item, now do it 5x as much!? Everyone applaud. We have a truly brilliant solution (apparently).

People will complain no matter what Trendy does.  There are ways around it.  I've neither bought bag space nor am I buying material space at the moment, and I have no problems at all.  Be efficient.  The problem with this is that you are lazy, plain and simple.  This is a Free-to-Play game.  They do not make you pay to progress, it's as simple as that.  If getting too much loot is a problem, group with less people.  If it is still a problem, delete the game.  You all do not have to play, yet you choose to and you gripe about what options you either do or do not have.  Paying for space supports Trendy, apparently you either do not want to or you are frustrated that you feel Trendy has designed this extra loot grab in order to entice you into paying for more space.  Again, I've not paid for more space and I have some of the best mods in the game, over 50 shards, that I actively use, gilded, max'ed out gear, etc.  So what's the problem?  Your approach. 

"It's already bad enough having to mouse over every single item..."  Complete 1st-world problem.  I tell you what though, I will convey this problem to a homeless person next time I see one and I bet they will understand your pain and pan-handle to raise money for you so that you can buy more inventory space.

the real problem, is that trendy have gone backwards in user-friendliness

and it wasn't really winning any awards with its previous state either

I call it a Solo Play nerf, I Now Earn less Gold from My loot drops and the Only way to earn Simmilar Gold or more is to Play in groups in what Should be a Solo game, Rewards for Multiplayer are fine The Retuning of Gold To nerf values so that all that excess gear didn;t enrich folks And Directly nerfed Solo players Gold Intake Is Not cool

@ArchaicLotus quote:

1) Mods are an added bonus, and are MEANT to be hard to get.  Diablo 3?  Does "Ancient Primal Gear" ring a bell?  Those sets are incredibly difficult to get.  Very little of the community cried out to Blizzard.  Those that did were met with silence.  So Trendy decides to be more transparent, and the community takes advantage of this to the point of asking part of the team to "stand up."  Hey, now that you are going to be responding more often, take time out of your day and give me attention.

2) Stop asking for the special drops to become easier to attain, all of you!  Stop trying to get the hard-earned items to become more easy to get.  You don't have the time?  This game requires time.  STOP playing if you do not have the time.  It took me 141 shard drops just to get one shard that I was needing in order to complete the gilding process.  I put the time into this hunt because I CHOSE to.

3) Say what you want, gripe how you want, I know that I am right.  Trendy, make this game harder...make a game mode that is for hardcore players only with amazing rewards.  Oh then what, the players that don't have the time to be "hardcore" players are going to gripe about not being able to be hardcore and the rewards should be levelled out? Any adventure-rpg requires time and dedication. Set your auto-loot up to where you don't ever see the grey or green items.

1) If we wanted to play a game like Diablo, we would be playing Diablo.

2) Good job, I guess? People loved DD1 and eternity because they were chill games that rewarded you for playing "casually". DD2 started like that too, but ended up becoming a minmaxing fustercluck that requires you to play tens of hours only to make a notch in advancement. That's no bueno.

3) That first sentence is the most prepotent I have read in a long time. While I agree the game should appeal to "hardcore" players, it's not nice to punish the rest. Gold values got lowered because of the extra loot, you get a lot of clutter in your inventory because of the massive RNG this game has and the little inventory space you have. Casual players like to be rewarded too, just like you like being rewarded for pouring -pretty sure- hundreds of hours into it. Have some empathy.

Mods were an "add."  They are a bonus.  Everybody wants all of the shiny things.  You don't jump in to any game and gripe for handouts.  I'm still grinding on the same update as everyone, and again, I'm not having this problem at all.  Do your grind, measure it, sell, re-work.  Values aren't the same at the vendors?  It's still cake. Drops are still free.  I've two full-green mods since the update.  IT TAKES TIME.

Casual players do not ever get the same rewards as hardcore players in any game, because they did not apply time towards the rewards being sought.  Why is this so difficult?  Because people are putting pride in front of their eyes.  The more time you fight the RNG system, the more times you win.  Over a couple of days on an eight hour grind I received not one shard that I was looking for.  The next day I received four within one hour.

It takes time and application.  Casual players will get casual results.  Diablo 3 was not brought up by me, yet was used as a continued example. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!  Do the work!  Get off of the steroids (very quick results) and put in the time to train.  On ANY game, casual players have less to show for their effort than those that put in the work.  Train, do the cardio.  Stop seeking and searching for excuses to sway Trendy and fight the mobs, not the logic.

"I call it a Solo Play nerf, I Now Earn less Gold from My loot drops and the Only way to earn Simmilar Gold or more is to Play in groups in what Should be a Solo game, Rewards for Multiplayer are fine The Retuning of Gold To nerf values so that all that excess gear didn;t enrich folks And Directly nerfed Solo players Gold Intake Is Not cool." - Morisato

I get it.

You are playing with the one inventory bag then right? You're assuming i only have one bag also? If you have multiple bags like me, then you have absolutely no point or basis for anything you wrote lol.

Mods are just a bonus? You mean the 1-9 different versions that are 1% variance and the 10th which is +100%. Great example to base your argument on. I mean, thanks for falling on your face before i even get to respond lol.