Sign in to follow this  
Nefhith

Materials Vault, what the hell

It is ftp, but seriously the costs are starting to add up to more than games I buy every year like Forza and FIFA. That's my yardstick. Counting my 12 month spend, would I pay $10 more? Sure, but who do I have to pay $25 because the system that doesn't stack motes and crafting materials properly and takes up all my inventory? Why can I buy gems to sure me up on Xbox for a decent price but I have to buy packs for much more on Steam just for a crafting bag. For something this meaningful, the pricing should be better.

@Fozzie quote:

It's a small price to pay for the extra utility that it gives, and remember it clears a lot of bag space, which is another form of money for Trendy.

So its bags or vault, both cost gems.

I am surprised you guys thought it would be free.

Way less gems to just buy a normal bag which has way more space...

functionality underwhelming! 

if i have a book that stars on page 1 and ends on page 4 but i have to buy another book the access page 2,3 to get to another page in book 3 that has page 5 in it its not going to work.

DON'T BUY THIS!

Honestly i don't care that they r selling it, they gotta eat too. I just don't see the value in it. All my consumeables fit nicely onto 1 page now. If they increased the caps to say 9999 i might consider getting 1. 

the fact they are selling it isnt even a talking point, its the same thing as the free bank page with extra stacking!

yes everyone has to eat like dude the leading cause of food poisoning is eating. 

the is no extra functionality at all nothing! this is a money grab for quota. maybe black friday or cyber monday or maybe christmas.... maybe.... is something is is more functional by then that about as big as a olive branch i will extend.

@024noi quote:

I don't mind this being a premium purchase out right. 

I do mind this critical detail being left out of all communication regarding the feature.

I do mind this being capped at a very low amount of materials. 

I do mind this being implemented as a bank vault rather than an on person material storage like D3.

I do mind this being priced at nearly $15. 

I do mind that the overall cost of maxing out your inventory and shop rivals the cost of purchasing a AAA title.

I do mind the efforts to drown players in materials simply to leverage the inventory pain point as a monetization tool.

Vote with your money, people. The idea that multiple people in this thread mentioned they would buy this regardless of feeling like it is overpriced, that they are being screwed, and that they are unhappy about doing so is ridiculous. Don't reward these kinds of features if you ever expect to see change. 

edit: spelling

@Captain Alejo quote:

Snip

I have spent so much money on this game I could buy 4-5 full price AAA titles. I don´t even get a discount on a vault they made me need.....

i feel you Majean , i am ok with it just because i have spent so many hours in this game (2413 hours lol ). what really gets me is how so many little items cost more gems then what you get in the 10$ pack so you are forced to get the 20$ pack or a 10$ pack and a 5$ pack heh. 

@Eventualcrowd16PC quote:

It is ftp, but seriously the costs are starting to add up to more than games I buy every year like Forza and FIFA. That's my yardstick. Counting my 12 month spend, would I pay $10 more? Sure, but who do I have to pay $25 because the system that doesn't stack motes and crafting materials properly and takes up all my inventory? Why can I buy gems to sure me up on Xbox for a decent price but I have to buy packs for much more on Steam just for a crafting bag. For something this meaningful, the pricing should be better.

Just wanted to go back to correct something. I did find the $10 option and other options within the game when I clicked on purchase without enough gems. They just don't show up directly in Steam but are available. I had enough other gems lying around to put it together for a materials bag.

@Captain Alejo quote:

I do mind the efforts to drown players in materials simply to leverage the inventory pain point as a monetization tool.

Exactly this. Introducing a bunch of materials and gilding of shards to make players buy bags was bad enough. Now introducing this material vault as a pay feature is adding salt to the wound. I have supported and purchased all the DD products thus far but have lost much respect for the company with the direction they are heading for with the micro payments. Next expansion going to add even more random mats and will coincide with a BAG/VAULT SALE!

You'll be fine, Envision.  All the bags are, a matter of convenience.  Manage bags after floor runs, or every two hours.  Sell what you don't want, and don't hoard.  I've been doing an obssessive amount of grinding and have no problems, and I have no extra bags, no material vaults, etc.  Just manage your space.  Who gives a damn if you've lost respect for the company

@Nefhith quote:

Lawlta, would you mind giving your/Trendy's opinion on this thread, if you don't mind?

Please don't tag me, it creates unnecessary notifications. You can just type my name as normal and it prevents my notifications from getting spammed.

We're aware of the feedback is all I can report currently.

@LAWLTA quote:

Please don't tag me, it creates unnecessary notifications.

Sorry. Sometimes I forget your "all-seeing" title is there for a reason :p

@Nefhith quote:
Sorry. Sometimes I forget your "all-seeing" title is there for a reason :p

No worries, wanted to explain why so it just didn't seem like:

tenor.gif?itemid=5099035

and more like:

tenor.gif?itemid=8631002

Yeah... the fact this was advertised as an update, but costs money, seems dubious at best. Personally, cash grabs like this are where I start thinking negative Steam reviews become the best method for change, not just feedback on the forums.

Yep... thats just sad and we will lose more and more player... the game cant rise with *** like this

what fu**s up a newbee... let me guess 3 limited inventory

bank update you just get 1 or 2 ?

i saw a friend playing it and updated it saw the update hm sweet just saw that we HAVE to god damn BUY a with no cost anounced update and smashed ALT F4

WTF Trendy i respect your sustain on develop this game even in hard situations but you need to see what you drive against the wall... and thats around 70% you do

Also the worst thing is that we'll have to wait at least a month to see this changed, since patch tuesdays are gone :(