Sign in to follow this  
Ashkinzt

Shard Management and You- QoL changes?

Greetings fellow defenders and Trendy!

Shards are part of our daily grind and they've been quite a hassle to manage especially for a returning player who is planning to use the diverse array of heroes down the line. I just returned to this game about a week ago and I wanted to horde every shard. This is mainly for several reasons:

a) There are five new heroes since I last played so I wanted to explore all their options in regards to builds (some builds are defined by shards).

b) I didn't know what was optimal for each hero so hording was the only option. (then again who wants to play with a mindset of being optimal right off the bat?). I still wanted to explore so I had to horde shards.

Do you think we'll see any improvements on the shard management system?

Here are a few areas that I hope can be improved upon:

[1] I just noticed that when you are browsing the shards that your hero can equip, the system does not take into consideration the shards that are stored in the vault.

[2] Auto-sort does not apply to shards. The system groups them up and 'compresses' your bag but there is no sort applied to the shards. Even a sort by shard (name/class/chaos tier) would be extremely helpful at this point. With the icons being the same, I have to mouse over almost every type of shard to perform a manual sort.

[3] Keeping track of what shards are close to being gilded is a hassle to check because of point [2]. I need to save 10 copies of a shard before I can even make a shard gilded. Why can't it be a gradual process of gilding so we're not storing the 10 shards before they have any use.

Those are my thoughts at the moment. I've been having a blast since I returned. Trying out the new heroes on new maps and new modes has been nothing but a fresh experience.

I also think you should be able to sell from the Vault. Right now you have to transfer an item to the bag, then exit the vault screen and sell from the bag.

Please let me know if there are any functions that I may not just be aware of and address any of the issues I presented.

Thank you and I look forward to the new update/patch!

It would be so nice if we could stack shards in our vault to save some space.  Especially for those of us who cannot afford to spend extra on video games and are strictly f2p players like myself.  So far I've crafted about five gilded shards and working on three more atm.  It's quite challenging to do with only one vault page and one bag page.  I would love to purchase some more space but my wife would kill me if she sees me spending on a video game =/

being able to use dust units (even an high amount like, i dont know, 198/297 dust ) for gilding would solve the "gradual gilding" thing.  And would make gild non rng dependant. 

@jal243 quote:

being able to use dust units (even an high amount like, i dont know, 198/297 dust ) for gilding would solve the "gradual gilding" thing.  And would make gild non rng dependant. 

Heeey....! That's not a bad idea! An interesting alternative instead of shard crafting! I don't really mind if the amount was even higher like 500 or more to gild one. I'm all for lessening RNG.

So now we've got 3 potential solutions.

1. Shard Crafting with Shard Dust as an ingredient.

2. Having the vendors (Gran'ma and War Recruiter) sells Hero specific and Defense Specific shard packs

3. Using Shard Dust to gild.

Gilding is optional, not required, so it needs to remain RNG (it is a bonus and bonuses do not need to be attained with ease, but being RNG, for the lucky few, it may have been). Using dust to aid in gilding is a good idea, and shard stacking in the bank vault, would deter people from buying extra space, however, that is a nifty idea.  Upcoming, materials will be stackable, so that is a plus.

@Final_Bosu quote:

It would be so nice if we could stack shards in our vault to save some space.  Especially for those of us who cannot afford to spend extra on video games and are strictly f2p players like myself.  So far I've crafted about five gilded shards and working on three more atm.  It's quite challenging to do with only one vault page and one bag page.  I would love to purchase some more space but my wife would kill me if she sees me spending on a video game =/

The game is unplayable for free. Like, no exaggeration.

"The game is unplayable for free." -Xuhybrid

This is a false statement. I have bought zero Quality of Life items, only cosmetics, and I have over 50 gilded shards, over 15 perfect servos, only need two more shards gilded then I begin my climb, and 20 million gold +.  Sure, many people smoke these statistics, yet how do I have these things, my top hero with a power of 8374, if I've only played for free?  Because I can, and at that, anyone can.  I buy cosmetics because it changes imagery and supports Trendy.  Hey, I'm visually stimulated (one of the many reasons that I play this game).

@ArchaicLotus quote:

This is a false statement. I have bought zero Quality of Life items, only cosmetics, and I have over 50 gilded shards, over 15 perfect servos, only need two more shards gilded then I begin my climb, and 20 million gold +.  Sure, many people smoke these statistics, yet how do I have these things, my top hero with a power of 8374, if I've only played for free?  Because I can, and at that, anyone can.  I buy cosmetics because it changes imagery and supports Trendy.  Hey, I'm visually stimulated (one of the many reasons that I play this game).

I would like to see a screenshot of your inventory.

I'm on PS4 Nefhith.  It is your job to come to me and inspect me when you can.  Don't ever expect me to come to you as if I have anything to prove.  This statement was made in direct regard to a false comment made by Xuhybrid.  Come, inspect me.  Not on PS4?  Ask one of your friends to inspect me that is on PS4.  Oh yeah, this is after having been off since January, only having been back since Mid-July, and having floor 200 under my belt, even with the CE-34878-0 errors that only PS4 has.  Let me know a good time.  The MOST I will do for you is meet you on a server, give you time to inspect me, then I will continue my grind.  But do not ask me any questions because, after reading your posts and how you have worded your query of challenge, I have nothing to give you.

My primary server is West.  I visit East and Europe to sell excess goods, then I'm back on West.  I will be back on 30 minutes from when this post was made.

Peace.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

I'm on PS4 Nefhith.  It is your job to come to me and inspect me when you can.  Don't ever expect me to come to you as if I have anything to prove.

But do not ask me any questions because, after reading your posts and how you have worded your query of challenge, I have nothing to give you.

A picture is fine, too.

Now you're asking me to work. The only work I will do is grind. 15 minutes from now I will pop in the West sever hub and I will wait ten minutes. Anyone else that has read this can inspect me for you and relay the info. Then I will work on getting the "Crumbling Stone" shard to gild it, being that you have provided me with helpful info in regards to Maw of the Earth. That will be yet another gilded shard.

I don't know Palo. People are inspecting me and sending me private questions all of the time. I'm logging in in 5 minutes. We have an "inspect deck" option.

I apologize, I made a mistake....I do have over 15 perfect servos, but that was misleading.  Again I apologize.  I have 24, to be more precise.

I have three inventory bags, and in the bank vault, upper left I have a blue key, a plus sign, and a crossbow sign.  The plus sign reads, "purchase vaults", and the crossbow sign reads, "purchase materials vault."  The third inventory bag was gained from Mastery.  All I have purchased was the initial 14.99 start up, gems for Onslaught chests in the hopes of outfits, and gems for shards, pre-January leaving-the-game.  If you don't want to inspect me then don't challenge me.  I'm going afk in the West Hub so I guess I was dishonest in saying that you only have six minutes.  I will be streaming floor runs soon....in preparation for CoD4, and I do hope to see you all there.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

I have three inventory bags, and in the bank vault, upper left I have a blue key, a plus sign, and a crossbow sign.  The plus sign reads, "purchase vaults", and the crossbow sign reads, "purchase materials vault."  The third inventory bag was gained from Mastery.  All I have purchased was the initial 14.99 start up, gems for Onslaught chests in the hopes of outfits, and gems for shards, pre-January leaving-the-game.  If you don't want to inspect me then don't challenge me.  I'm going afk in the West Hub so I guess I was dishonest in saying that you only have six minutes.  I will be streaming floor runs soon....in preparation for CoD4, and I do hope to see you all there.

Can't expect anything less from the best player.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

If you're going to refute my statement, you can't just say "You provide evidence". If you have no basis for your argument, just shut your mouth and keep it shut until you actually have something meaningful to say. You literally cannot play the game with 1 inventory bag. You can't.

It all depends on when you started playing and how and a little matter of timing. If you purchased the pre release back in 2015 we had what was called the pet bag. At some time that got converted to a regular bag. Putting you starting bags at a total of three. The the first week of the vault there was a 1 week event that gave you a free vault.  For a total of 2. Also in total between launch and now a frugal person who held on to the gems that were awarded for doing the campaign was 600 adding that. the now revamped campaign would total 1050 so a total of 6 free storage units were avaible.

It's all just timing ;(