Sign in to follow this  
Exo dus

Angry Nimbus - Melee Boom Servo

@steven_stessens quote:

i'm having the same issue and it is quite annoying if it is intentional atleast tell us before hand :/ spend quite the gold on it and all i got was a bummer

I did submit on bugsite just in case.

I have seen a glitch in the game were i was applying a MOD to a piece of gear, and was getting a weird message - such as the "invalid for this hero" one, but one  a hero that it should be valid for. I fixed it by exiting out to the main menu and coming back in - the message no longer appeared. I think the game gets confused at times, and thinks i was a different hero that i was, so it gave the message in error. The MOD did work though. 

@kingoftime2013 quote:

I think angry nimbus is way too weak without this mode, so they should make it work on it

What?! R u kidding. Nimbus is beast mode if sharded properly. How many other towers hit 4 times a second. That's 4 chances to crit per second. My nimbus hits well over 2 mill dps at  tier1. I never even upgrade them. There is no need.Put your melee boom on something else and run crit chance and damage chips.

@024noi quote:

@kingoftime2013 quote:

I think angry nimbus is way too weak without this mode, so they should make it work on it

What?! R u kidding. Nimbus is beast mode if sharded properly. How many other towers hit 4 times a second. That's 4 chances to crit per second. My nimbus hits well over 2 mill dps at  tier1. I never even upgrade them. There is no need.

You beat me to it :)

@024noi quote:

@kingoftime2013 quote:

What?! R u kidding. Nimbus is beast mode if sharded properly. How many other towers hit 4 times a second. That's 4 chances to crit per second. My nimbus hits well over 2 mill dps at  tier1. I never even upgrade them. There is no need.Put your melee boom on something else and run crit chance and damage chips.

well thats not the point melee boom only activates if the tower that has it does the last hit, with the nimbus being so strong and fast single targetly they kill all the big healthy guys (wich explode for most dmg) and "steal" the explosion away resulting in a big dps loss.

@024noi quote:

@kingoftime2013 quote:

Harpies, Hailstorm, Serpent´s coil and PDT poison tick rate?? I´m just guessing from memory here while I wait for the patch:)

@MaJean quote:

@024noi quote:

@kingoftime2013 quote:

Harpies, Hailstorm, and PDT poison tick rate?? I´m just guessing from memory here while I wait for the patch:)

Tru that. All good targets for crit chance/damage chips. If you can get them to crit on almost every hit ... Huge dps gains.

@024noi quote:

@MaJean quote:

Harpies, Hailstorm, and PDT poison tick rate?? I´m just guessing from memory here while I wait for the patch:)

Tru that. All good targets for crit chance/damage chips. If you can get them to crit on almost every hit ... Huge dps gains.

The serpents coil I forgot to mention, it´s also 0.25 S. Pretty decent tower now you can make up to 9 per mystic, with the prestige mod.

Both Angry Nimbus and Hornets are bad at horde control at default, giving them melee boom counters that.
Hornets can stack up on one boss = killing bosses in a matter of seconds, Angry Nimbus can only attack 1 target each, thus technically nimbus becomes the better horde control tower, as many times in solo I lost due to Gnash Flame Lance which survives all the way to the core with nimbus on it, and hornets kill her in half the way, hornets will remain better in any way except - range & vertical range & maybe drench/electrocute.
I REALLY LIKE Angry Nimbs more cause I can build less towers haha - twice as less, but hornets are so tempting with how it outweighs nimbus.

I am all for BUFF NIMBUS D:<!, nimbus needs dat melee boom - I MEAN WHO DOESNT WANT RAIN THAT EXPLODES.

Can't it b both? To abuse diversity mod on bees, 1 tree, 1 lsa, 1 slime and 2 bees is my typical dryad lane. Lsa is there cuz it's cheap and adds to diversity. It is also modded to kill assassins and zerkers.  anti melee, chaos, and for gnash and assassin boss, anti miniboss. They fit all 3 types and get melted by the lsa. Control and crit mods on slimes and nimbus really ramps up their damage. Bees get diversity, anti melee, and range mod cuz i don't wanna use DS. If u were to add boom i would prob drop crit damage mod on slimes.