Sign in to follow this  
klethag

Missed the Beans - Can anyone summarize them?

I'm stuck at work and only caught bits and pieces of the Live Stream 

Can anyone summarize the bean spillage for me?

I am sure TE will post their own update on the forum here soon, so no need to go into any depth, but the gist was - Materials Page for vault coming for all new MOD materials to go on, and Multiplayer incentives (more loot from end chest for each additional player) both coming out in a patch next week. 

Also - Onslaught maps changed from 3 to.... was talked about, but not 100% confirmed other than the fact it will no longer be at 3. Of course that could mean 4, but most of us hope for ONE. No word if this next patch will be when it goes live though. 

Oh, and Jose promised us Omega Shards....but don't believe the hype. 

Storage for upgrade mats

More gear drops for the more people you play with

3 different and game changing Omega shards, one of them adds the possibility for 8 playes

lol and lol

@LAWLTA quote:

We've got a patch preview post coming.

THERE ARE NO OMEGA SHARDS! Hahahahaha.

I guess we can wait the time it takes for the post to be typed. Though it is difficult in this day of instant gratification ;)

@klethag quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

I guess we can wait the time it takes for the post to be typed. Though it is difficult in this day of instant gratification ;)

Well you better put a diaper on because when you find out about Omega shards you will poop yourself

@LAWLTA quote:

But now I really want Omega Shards! Maybe they could be Gilded versions of Hyper Shards? The menu interface points towards being able to gild Hyper Shards already, yet currently it's not possible (yet) :)

Man, although it probably won't exist, it's sounded really cool! I think it's a great concept! 

I kinda imagine them as red shards! An idea for those shards could be them are very unstable, which grant great powers, but have a downside to it! Like a tremendous increase in def power and also something funky but gets overloaded overtime, meaning that they will eventually spew out debuff spots on themselves when the overload bar is hit. And that's just one of the debuffs! 

Might sound bad for balance, maybe? But hey! It's just an idea. With a name like Omega, there's gotta be something crazy and insane about it!

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Man, although it probably won't exist, it's sounded really cool! I think it's a great concept! 

I kinda imagine them as red shards! An idea for those shards could be them are very unstable, which grant great powers, but have a downside to it! Like a tremendous increase in def power and also something funky but gets overloaded overtime, meaning that they will eventually spew out debuff spots on themselves when the overload bar is hit. And that's just one of the debuffs! 

Might sound bad for balance, maybe? But hey! It's just an idea. With a name like omega, there's gotta be something crazy and insane about it!

I like where you are going with that. 

Maybe something like - Omega shards have more than 1 stat, but they take all 3 shards slot to put in place. They give a huge bonus, but direct you on how to play. For an example - a Cannonball Omega shard that raises range, rate, and gives poison affect a huge amount, but no DP, no stun, no Wrecking Balls could be used then. You would have to change how you played with it to use it. Might force some out of their comfort zone. IDK...just an idea. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Might sound bad for balance, maybe? But hey! It's just an idea. With a name like omega, there's gotta be something crazy and insane about it!

I like where you are going with that. 

Maybe something like - Omega shards have more than 1 stat, but they take all 3 shards slot to put in place. They give a huge bonus, but direct you on how to play. For an example - a Cannonball Omega shard that raises range, rate, and gives poison affect a huge amount, but no DP, no stun, no Wrecking Balls could be used then. You would have to change how you played with it to use it. Might force some out of their comfort zone. IDK...just an idea. 

Love that idea! All three shard slot needed to unleash something nuts is a pretty interesting synergy! All for it if it does go this way. ( - Hmm.....maybe a thread should be created on how Omega shards could be? We can dream right? ;) - )

If we had Omega shards they would more than likely very challenging to get. And many people would have a problem with that overtime.

-anonymous "how do you get more defense rate shards because they are not dropping for me."

-TrendyJose "play the game." 

That was priceless.

The game takes time you all. If you don't have the time then you are playing the wrong game.

thats why i play at work! i love winning!

@ArchaicLotus quote:

If we had Omega shards they would more than likely very challenging to get. And many people would have a problem with that overtime.

-anonymous "how do you get more defense rate shards because they are not dropping for me."

-TrendyJose "play the game." 

That was priceless.

The game takes time you all. If you don't have the time then you are playing the wrong game.

i'm still on the fence about Omega Hyper Mods. Tidal Wave servo has some niche uses. there are a few maps where you can use the push to knock enemies off the cliffs, but the proc rate is pretty low to use it for drenching alone. Shadow Lance servo allows projectile towers to shoot through walls, but it's taking the spot of a mod that can be used for damage so i don't know why you would use it. it says that overkill damage splashes to nearby enemies as well, i don't know if that means if you overkill something by 1 million it will do 1 million damage to ONE nearby enemy or ALL nearby enemies though. Bladestorm servo has potential for adding crowd control to defenses that lack it, summoning killable sword-tornado "mobs" that deal area damage with its proc. i like that the mob health scales based on the enemy it procs off of

Executioner servo is weird. increases the damage a defense will do depending on the time of its last damage? so if you stick a tower way far back it will do a ton of damage if something gets through your front line? seems only marginally useful. it says it gradually increases the range as well between shots but i don't see how that helps

Bombardier and Reflex seem useless as they require a player character to be nearby to actually activate.  sure watching your guy throw bombs is goofy and reflex turns you into a miniboss killing machine, but it's too situational to waste a mod slot on

i don't even know what Tango servo does. links to the nearest defense and shares the highest stat with its neighbor? so if one tower has full defense power and the one next to it has full crit damage then the DP tower gets crit damage and the crit damage tower gets DP? it's too confusing :P

sorry i meant HYPER mods, not Omega.  Omega are the new shards. my mistake. all the Omega shards are pretty awesome

So what will happen to the minibosses and gobus, they seriously need a tweak up.

C7 is a cakewalk with C6 gear and decent mods, once you unlock floor 55 you can pretty much use the same build all the way to 114 and probably beyond.

Are these new shards just for the multiple reset\super high ascension crowd?

@Fozzie quote:

Are these new shards just for the multiple reset\super high ascension crowd?

They are not a thing, it was a joke from the Friday Fun stream.

@LAWLTA quote:

They are not a thing, it was a joke from the Friday Fun stream.

LuQc.gif

hey now, don't kill the illusion of magic. Form gives way from thought, so if you believe them to be real - they are. Omega shards are as real as Hyper MODs. 

Lol ok that’s far more sensible.

On a side note though mini bosses do need some tweaks up, like speed of attack and movement.