Sign in to follow this  
ArchaicLotus

Weapon Man./Shocking Rev./Tenacity

By the way Shocking Revelations reads, along with Tenacity, it seems like in Chaos 8 form, making Tenacity 100% resistant, that this is the only combo you'd need for Onslaught, forever.  Perfect Mods on the Shocking Revelations and Tenacity, of course. I suppose this is why I am seeing many people seeking this in the main lobby, as well as on the boards. And...I suppose that there will be a Meta soon, but you will not hear me petitioning for a nerf. No, I do not have this setup yet.

...and what is with flys, stun immun, shield goblin boss....

I am at onslaught 153 atm and yes its easy, but you don't need WaMa to hold a lane ;-)

Yes WaMa is strong, maybe to strong, but it is not everything. All my WaMa mods are only t3.

A good blockade + good dps tower is more worth than t5 WaMa mods ;-)

And a gilded defense rate shard on your dps tower is amazing to.

Might be why Trendy already gave it a nerf pass lightly to hopefully leave it still relevant and has made comments that they will do it again to stop it all. Also this is basically Dryad version Ev2 so if you do it you wouldn't be able to self assign worlds best because you didn't use maff and geometry and all those never used defenses will be never used, meaning it wasn't a high accomplishment in your own mind. :P

I don't use weapons manufacter. I was reading in the market place where an individual was offering 30 miilion for either a perfect Shocking Revelations/Tenacity servo. I understood the intent and realized how powerful it would be.

I use; Mystic/Dryad/Lavamancer/Monk/Abyss Lord/ Ev2 (reflect beams). Weap Mans, being an aerial defense as well, would be devastating perfect servo c8 amp'ed.

I've been getting private messages in regards to your immaturity, Exglint/Sarkhan, displayed in discord. Respectable players have informed me of everyone that gets negative about anyone. You two are amidst six that made the list. 

":popcorn: :goblinranged: Gobu." -Sarkhan...

That's why you're way behind. Mocking. Being the leader of a guild with over 100 members, being number one at CoD3 (I absolutely love reminding you all of that...absolutely love it), I've heard it all before and I've been amidst much higher level competitive players than you.. As it is, I let the last post cool down, then you and Exglint bring it back. It is a good thing that everyone, players, developers, visitors, get to see how you are, and the nature of the people that oppose me.

I will do you all an honor and not respond to anything you post furthermore. In those CoD lobbies between rounds, the angst and hate that the losing teams would portray. You two behave exactly like them. 

Me mentioning my achievements, that are awesome by the way (but you know this), and that I am top two in this game has really gotten to you. If you all were to be as successful at gaming as I have been, and even talked about it, I would care less. If you had mentioned that you're a top player in DD2, so? But you two got so rubbed.

I'll be streaming soon. Dog me then. This is the best tower defense game ever made. Kids like you tarnish the flavor. 

Peace

The top players in this game are not necessarily found at the top of the leaderboards. The leaderboards are mostly an indicator on who has a clear schedule to play full time. 

Nor are the top players among the loudest. Top players have no need to prove themselves.

M.

Valid points, Majean, and I agree. Not all top players are the same, though. Michael Jordan was one of the best in the game, and one of the biggest trash-talkers, and he was always out to prove himself, listen to the interview with Horace Grant who absolutely loves Jordan (four championships with him). So is Kevin Durant, in both regards. (Again, a scenario presented to help people understand).

All of this started 8 months ago when people started talking trash about my efforts. I was silent, until people got immature and insulting about my efforts. Then I spoke. My climb starts soon.

So many champions are loud. Look at Jon Jones...

Putting people in the same category based off of circumstances (form of stereotype) is unwise. Stop presenting false information in order to attempt to validate what you want to believe, not what is actually true.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

That's why you're way behind. Mocking. Being the leader of a guild with over 100 members, being number one at CoD3 (I absolutely love reminding you all of that...absolutely love it), I've heard it all before and I've been amidst much higher level competitive players than you.. As it is, I let the last post cool down, then you and Exglint bring it back. It is a good thing that everyone, players, developers, visitors, get to see how you are, and the nature of the people that oppose me.

You do know I already stream right, and I'm here on the forums and in discord. Plenty of people already know who I am and gets to see it all the time. Also, I don't appear on leaderboards at all so they pretty much mean nothing to me xD 

My whole thing has been just to poke at people to ensnare some good memes and things to laugh about to keep a happy life and you have created a great source of entertainment through your maffs and geometryhard that was mentioned a while ago.

I do hope you at least try the WM stuff I hear people find it very fun but I do think it is on Dryad level from prior to the patch where it may get boring over time assuming Trendy doesn't take that second swing of the nerf bat soon. In form of good faith I hear Earthshatter is also really fun to play with now, the Boost Aura has also found a pretty good spot to fit in most any build and make it good or overpowered depending on what you use.

@Exglint quote:

My whole thing has been just to poke at people to ensnare some good memes and things to laugh about to keep a happy life and you have created a great source of entertainment through your maffs and geometryhard that was mentioned a while ago.

Been following and reading most of the posts of the months regarding this whole thing, so yeah, a great source of entertainment indeed! XD

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Putting people in the same category based off of circumstances (form of stereotype) is unwise. Stop presenting false information in order to attempt to validate what you want to believe, not what is actually true.

To say I present false information is a bit of a stretch, and frankly a bit Trump. Yeah, that´s  a thing now.

You like throwing out names to back you up, and when I say that top players don´t need to brag about it, that´s just my oppinion. Maybe I´m older than you, but why on earth didn´t you use Muhammad Ali as example to prove me wrong? He is the definition of a pompous, bragging man, and most of the sports world even agreed, that he indeed was the greatest - in the ring. In the ring.

But to rephrase my statement, a statement that is entirely my own, although shared by many: 

I believe that a true champion, master of a trade, top player or any other person in the spotlight should conduct himself with dignity in all aspects of his/her life, also outside the sports/profession. To earn respect you got to pay respect. 

Being great at something is the easy part. All it takes is practise, or just having a lot of time on your hands. Having someones respect, is a another matter. That is the only real achievement worth aspiring to.

You gave me nothing to argue with. I started this post with innocence, without accusation. I came back about two weeks ago, and as I was learning more about Protean Shift I realized the actual power involved with some posts.

Exglint flamed in his post near the end. If you back up a flamer (person seeking to encite negativity) then I begin to see the flames come off of you. People enjoy provoking me. Fora decade, 10 years, I would not....TEN YEARS....I would not start, only react. I have always listed the best achievements that I accomplished, and then worked in a reply. Even after this post, someone wants to flame, I will reply. You back their boat up, you become part of it. This I did not begin. I am very experienced with understanding reactions in regards to achievements. I bring them up when people get mouthy....everytime. 

Roy Jones Jr.

I got no beef with you. Got triggered when you claimed to be a "top two player". Then I remembered this several months long argument between you and others, all claiming to be the best, so my post was a direct result of that. I was tired of reading about this pissing contest you guys have. It´s stupid. 

Just a little heads up so you guys can stop arguing: There is no way to tell who the "best player" is, in this game, because it it not a high skill based game. It´s a game based mostly on grinding. People with the most time on their hands are the people ranking highest on scoreboards. That´s it. Get over yourselves.

From an unbiased view Archaic appears very salty and responds like a child and should seriously find a sense of humour.

My 2 cents.

@MaJean quote:

Top players have no need to prove themselves.

I wonder who the other four are on that list, because I'd like to know if my dreams of getting golfing lessons from a god are only dreams.

Exodus that was not at all unbiased. Why are you necroing this thread? It was posted yesterday. You all had your chance. It should be archived already...

This thread was started as an inquiry. Toro killed the last thread with logic. Exglint and Sarkhan re-ignited an adolecent demeanor. You supporting adolescence puts you in that category.

If you don't have something nice/constructive to say, try to avoid it. Just a reminder to keep it civil, folks.

@Plasma quote:

I wonder who the other four are on that list, because I'd like to know if my dreams of getting golfing lessons from a god are only dreams.

1. Lawlta
2. Lawlta
3. Lawlta
4. Lawlta

Because I spit hotfire.

There is quite  lot of toxicity creeping into the forums, and it is killing the boards. Instead of adding ideas to threads, too many jump on just to say what will not work and what they don't like. So much focus on the negative and way too little respect being displayed, and not nearly enough time and energy spent on encouraging others and helping people in a respectful and friendly manner. It is possible to point out a mistake someone made, without it getting all antagonistic. Ideas should not be shot down, just because you don't think it will work. Let people daydream; even if that daydream is the exact opposite of what you want. That is what the boards are for. The (unrestricted) flow of ideas. 

There is indeed quite a pushback and negative force from many "leaderboard" players. It is a shame too, because there are huge opportunities for some leadership and brand ambassadors to promote this game, but instead the negativity pushes people away. Not just in those who are feeding the negativity, but also those who are complicit and stay silent while others behave that way. We all are part of the problem. 

I leave this post with this thought - how will you act today? What kind of person do you choose to be today? A supporter or a detractor? Your comments made will tell the tale. I hope for the best from all of us. 

Jaws I sincerely....sincerely cannot believe that you took this time to retaliate against the thread I posted in "Mastery Ideas." And to capitulate this thread, "Your comments made will tell the tale."

You called yourself out. "too many jump on just to say what will not work and what they don't like." - the dumbing down of Mastery mode.

"There is indeed quite a pushback and negative force from many "leaderboard" players."

You attack through a sense of false justice. Look at the construction of your thoughts.

You all make this so easy. This thread was started as an inquiry. No attitude, just curiosity. Look at how many people were bothered by me mentioning that I was top two. Look, eh? If ANY of you had mentioned that you were better than everyone, it wouldn't even bother me. Again, it would not even bother me. Why does it bother you? The answer is obvious to me, but you need to figure it out.

The problem lies in churlish demeanors, not anyone saying that they are the best. Jaws if you'e going to hop on a wagon, at least bring your own horse.

original.gif

Going to be locking this thread as it's not leading to anything constructive, except picking at one another.

Aint nobody got time for that.