Sign in to follow this  
SELL SW0RD

Earth Toss Radius

My apologies if this has already been addressed. But can anyone tell me what the “gains 280 damage radius” effect from Earth Toss does for you?

I thought it might expand the width of the shatter tower cone. But the visual doesn’t seem any different with testing. 

The Earthshatter Tower is naturally a single target defense. The shard adds an AoE to it with the stated radius.

If you look closely enough, you notice the word radius is generally included with circles or spheres.

Thanks for the reply. 

I assume then that 280 refers to the range of the radius. And that isn’t bad. I’ll have to try it out. The target dummies don’t show any real effect of the shard. I will throw it down on a lane and see how it does. 

Thanks again. 

It does work on dummies, you can effectively notice multiple dummies taking damage when in range, it's very easy to notice as your placement doesn't matter that much, just make sure the dummies you're targetting are close enough.

Ah, you are so right! My Shatter Quake  mod made it difficult to see the difference of the shard. But once I switched to a relic without that mod, the differences were easily noticed. 

Thank you again, kind sir!

Does shatter quake and earth toss work together so you apply 2x radius damage (straight hit + the DoT), I thought I read somewhere that the launch up of enemies stops the shatter quake applying?

@Defenso quote:

Does shatter quake and earth toss work together so you apply 2x radius damage (straight hit + the DoT), I thought I read somewhere that the launch up of enemies stops the shatter quake applying?

just a thought - it depends on if the AOE is applied to the enemy or the area. If the enemy - the AOE attack would go flying straight up with it, and kind of negate its effectiveness on anything that does not pop up in the air. 

Unfortunately not something that can be tested in the tavern.

I personally don't use the earth toss shard as there are other shards better to put in the defense currently. 

@Defenso quote:

I personally don't use the earth toss shard as there are other shards better to put in the defense currently. 

what is better than adding skyguard tower damage to your earthshatter towers :D

@ram1024 quote:

@Defenso quote:

what is better than adding skyguard tower damage to your earthshatter towers :D

🤣well that is a good argument I suppose... I get very worried about my skyguard towers getting over worked and that one flying kobold getting through lol.

is pretty rare, but i must admit it CAN happen :D

watching helpless floating enemies get jacked by skyguards is one of the best things in the game though, it's the only reason i have a mystic in my cards at all is for the bubble walls

i wonder if being airborne counts as a "crowd controlled" status? Or the bubble attack? 

skyguard slow definitely counts, so if bubble doesn't you're at least backup covered on that note

@ram1024 quote:

skyguard slow definitely counts, so if bubble doesn't you're at least backup covered on that note

Hmm, but i wonder if slow must be applied first, before it counts? 

Example - enemy gets tossed up, hit with skyguard attack (slow), and then it only has slow applied once it was hit with the attack... 

That matters because if you are using a "crowd control" MOD, it would not kick in until the second attack. 

i have been told it applies the slow first before the damage. but it wasn't really a reputable source...........

i mean like... it wasn't trendy saying so :D