Sign in to follow this  
1aydan

Motes

Currently there is a mote cap of 5 from waves 1-3. I was thinking it would better to put the mote cap at 10 or 2 motes per wave so we don't have to restart the map after wave 1 or 2 all the time because of the rng involved of the drop rates. Somtimes you you get 5 the first wave and  you have the leave the map. Its not gamebreaking ,but really aggervating to have to give up a win streak bonus to mote farm.As i said above if 2 motes dropped every wave then it would give more incentive to keep the win bonus.

( If this is too drastic of a change just add a restart map in the escape menu. The mastery mode people would love this also.)

@1aydan quote:

Currently there is a mote cap of 5 from waves 1-3. I was thinking it would better to put the mote cap at 10 or 2 motes per wave so we don't have to restart the map after wave 1 or 2 all the time because of the rng involved of the drop rates. Somtimes you you get 5 the first wave and  you have the leave the map. Its not gamebreaking ,but really aggervating to have to give up a win streak bonus to mote farm.As i said above if 2 motes dropped every wave then it would give more incentive to keep the win bonus.

( If this is too drastic of a change just add a restart map in the escape menu. The mastery mode people would love this also.)

The devs made the cap 5 as they knew what time sink they want material farming to take. They won't just double that out of nowhere, unless they decide that material farming isn't where they'd like it to be. 

And you don't need to restart to farm motes. In fact, it hurts you more, you're giving up all shards you get there, especially when you don't want to miss out on additional Defense Rate, Destruction, Deadly Strikes and Vampiric Empowerment, and the other shards you might want to gild.

Unfortunately we currently get far more shiny motes than plain motes due to the current Onslaught floor setup (if doing Onslaught from floor 2 instead of going down the Expeditions route).

@Partek quote:

@1aydan quote:

The devs made the cap 5 as they knew what time sink they want material farming to take. They won't just double that out of nowhere, unless they decide that material farming isn't where they'd like it to be. 

And you don't need to restart to farm motes. In fact, it hurts you more, you're giving up all shards you get there, especially when you don't want to miss out on additional Defense Rate, Destruction, Deadly Strikes and Vampiric Empowerment, and the other shards you might want to gild.

I know about the time sink but I’m not currently interested in shards farming due to the rng. Still the restart functionality needs to be added for the mastery crowd and for more motes per hour for the people they don’t need shards.

Yeah plain mote grinding is a bit tedious.

If the mote rate was the same for all tiers the reset process would be a lot easier, but the Materials pack Trendy sells would not sell.

Normal F2P tactic, if you can't wait you can pay.