Sign in to follow this  
kingoftime2013

why some legendary items have only 2 shard slots?

I upgraded the shark gunwitch weapon all the way to chaos 6 and half already and then I realized it has only 2 shard slots. is it because its a special weapon? it doesnt make sense tho, it makes it worse than normal weapons..

Is it an older piece of gear?  Because if it is there is a bug with older gear where it will only use 2 shard slots.  You can put a 3rd shard on it but it will have no effect.  Older relics seem to work fine but weapons and armor do not.  Maybe they will fix it someday.

@Fozzie quote:

The top slot should have the megashark specific mod\power

its a mod not a shard.

@Huckleberry4u quote:

Is it an older piece of gear?  Because if it is there is a bug with older gear where it will only use 2 shard slots.  You can put a 3rd shard on it but it will have no effect.  Older relics seem to work fine but weapons and armor do not.  Maybe they will fix it someday.

yes its old one, I got it around the terraria update. I guess ill report it in the bug reporting site

Legacy weapons only have 2 shard slots, as when shards were released, they had 2 slots, which was later increased to 3, but Trendy didn't reroll any old gear on that update. It's not a bug at all, it's just the fact they didn't reroll the items to a newer system in the past. This would also be the case for any armor you kept from before the Early Access Loot Update, which happened around April/May 2017, as armor used to have 2 shard slots too.

@Partek quote:

Legacy weapons only have 2 shard slots, as when shards were released, they had 2 slots, which was later increased to 3, but Trendy didn't reroll any old gear on that update. It's not a bug at all, it's just the fact they didn't reroll the items to a newer system in the past. This would also be the case for any armor you kept from before the Early Access Loot Update, which happened around April/May 2017, as armor used to have 2 shard slots too.

but it should be changed because with only 2 shard slots I have disadvantage

@kingoftime2013 quote:

but it should be changed because with only 2 shard slots I have disadvantage

I think during the time of the Loot update, it wasn't changed due to how loot works back then as you get better gear, the older gear becomes useless immediately. The Legacy weapons were just memorabilia back then.

And currently Trendy have plans for weapon transmorgrification, so...that might solve the problem. 

There are issues adding additional shard slots to these older items. There are currently no plans to add them as a result, this affects a very small number of players in very specific circumstances.

@LAWLTA quote:

There are issues adding additional shard slots to these older items. There are currently no plans to add them as a result, this affects a very small number of players in very specific circumstances.

oh, good to know. so I wont bother upgrading more old items and focus on new items