A bit of a rant about resetting in this expansion

So i reset a couple days ago. Number 16. Before the expansion i would sell off all my gear while it still had value. I would keep 1 pair of boots for my dps hero to use speed shard. My min ascension would carry me till i found new gear. Now everything has mods on it that i don't wanna loose. No more yardsaling everything. Now we have to re up every piece of gear that we put mods on. It took two 12 hour days farming c1-3 to get enough mote to get just 1 dryads gear up out of c3. I have 4 of every hero except barbi and the witch. U know how much c1-3 im gonna have to farm to get all that gear up to c4 let alone all the way up to c7. Granted 75% of those heroes are builders so only really need a relic or 2 upgraded but still ... Im gonna b grinding c1-3 till 2020! This expansion was supposed to "make gear matter" and it did. It matters so much now that i will probably never reset again as the ancient powers are no where near worth all that lower tier grinding!  Instead of reseting when i got to OP to make the game fun again, i'll just get OP and then bored and then probably find something else to play.

You're Doing it wrong !

Upgrading and Advancing the same "perfect gear" every reset it's costly ... you're not suppose to do that, Thinkering perfect Green mods and getting attached to one piece of gear was not suppose to happen until you're done with Reseting.

Emoji_Ogre.png

Just put your LOVED gear (with perfect mods) in vault ... and use gear score to guide you to C7 and than to Floor 65 ... just like before Proteus ... i am doing Floor 65 without ANY usefull mods (it's not that hard) just a 8/10 Medalion.

* i put Defence Rate mod that i just droped on my Ramsters and they are pure BEASTS.

Ya i get that now, so what about new players? Are they supposed to wait till they reset 50 times before they start modding their gear?! I don't think thats what trendy intended. Besides damage is done now, i have no choice than to farm, buy, beg, or steal mote. I barely have room in my inventory for shards im trying to gild let alone 30+ heroes gear. Ya i went a little mod crazy. Every hero i own has mods i wanna keep. I've rest 16 times, beating onslaught floors was never an issue and now with the new damage profile on towers, it's easier than ever mods or no mods. One thing i do like is it's much easier to find perfect roll pieces. Don't matter the color, perfect roll is a perfect roll. A little gold gets any nice piece to legendary status. I just think the cost of advancing gear up through the chaos tiers is way to expensive to be useful. Need to increase the mote drop rate or adjust the mote costs or give us another way to earn or craft mote. The gold cost i don't care about as gold can b farmed at any tier. Hmmm maybe that would work ... Instead of having different tiers of mote just have mote u can use at any tier. The rest of the materials r fine the way they are. Like say c7 mote u can use for all upgrades as u don't really need as much of it. I'm constantly selling 99 stacks of it just to get it out of my inventory. Then i could farm c7 to get the rest of my gear out of campaign level hell.

Let’s be honest most of the mods your wanting to keep are very easily replaceable. 

Unless you came into the xpac with a good amount of friends and a heck of a lot of gold it’s safe to assume that you didn’t  even have one perfect C7 medallion with 3 perfect mods prior to resetting.

99% of the player base can reset and (once hitting C7) have replacements of their favorite relics/mod combo that’s within 5% of current items within 5-10 games played.

Is the reset system perfect? No of course not. However, your concern is very easily resolved just stop upgrading gear and refarm it. Naturally playing the game will put you back at your old power level faster then upgrading back all of your items unless they were perfect stat/mod rolls.

No. Have the money for the upgrades before resetting. Don't use chaos 8 ampoules until you're to finished rolling Ancient Powers....unless you have in excess of millions of gold (100,000,000+).

@Qstrike quote:

Let’s be honest most of the mods your wanting to keep are very easily replaceable. 

Unless you came into the xpac with a good amount of friends and a heck of a lot of gold it’s safe to assume that you didn’t  even have one perfect C7 medallion with 3 perfect mods prior to resetting.

99% of the player base can reset and (once hitting C7) have replacements of their favorite relics/mod combo that’s within 5% of current items within 5-10 games played.

Is the reset system perfect? No of course not. However, your concern is very easily resolved just stop upgrading gear and refarm it. Naturally playing the game will put you back at your old power level faster then upgrading back all of your items unless they were perfect stat/mod rolls.

Actually i have 5 pieces with perfect rolls and perfect or near perfect mods. So now we're back to gear don't matter, so the whole purpose of this expansion was to "make gear matter" epic fail. All the gear that matters is stuck in c1-3 hell.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

No. Have the money for the upgrades before resetting. Don't use chaos 8 ampoules until you're to finished rolling Ancient Powers....unless you have in excess of millions of gold (100,000,000+).

It's not the gold thats the issue it's having farm c1-3 for the next 6 months just cuz i reset. Gold i can farm in c7 and beyond ( i make 6 mill plus every day. I know this cuz i gild 2-3 shards a day) the plain mote on the other hand u can only get in c1-3. Someone with time and an afk build could make bank on lower tier mote as it will always b in demand. Don't care about c8 amps either they are useless to anyone who isn't finished with the AP system. I will sell every one i find till i hit 50 AP and 999 caps

Yikes -- Bro its worth mentioning Trendy is literally working on this as we speak, so preaching to the choir on this one. The most optimal way to go about it is get all of your resets out of the way before upgrading every gear piece on your heroes. Just to put it in perspective, there are currently players resetting multiple times per day all whilst spending around 5 mil gold per ancient power

@024noi quote:

@ArchaicLotus quote:

It's not the gold thats the issue it's having farm c1-3 for the next 6 months just cuz i reset. Gold i can farm in c7 and beyond ( i make 6 mill plus every day. I know this cuz i gild 2-3 shards a day) 

Boy oh boy....the AP gold bonus is that insane!?

Ya the gold and xp bonus and caps are the only worth while part of the whole process. The actual powers are pretty weak.

Just sit ur special relics that you used to push floors with to the side in your vault. Get literally any c7 relics and fly up to 65. Mods are not needed at all to go to 65. I used the same 2 relics for all the AP resets I did this patch, i didnt mod or upgrade them just trade them over and get back to the grind.

yeah man ... you dont need your tinkered relics to beat 65. And.... Tinkered relics for players that havent reset that 1st time are used for the first push above 125 to get min asc and gold hoarded for their reset grind...then you vault away your tinkered relics till your bored of resetting a bunch of times and Push a gain to feel your talent caps.... maybe e rank up your gear 1 every 4-5 resets after you have a ton of motes and gold boosts to speed up the that 1 reset every 4-5. and then after all your AP resets are done you have you tinkered stuff to push with your 999 caps :shrug: no one said you had to use your tinkered gear... you really dont need it...

I think this just goes to show how out of touch the reset process is, and even more with the new changes. I was very worried about all the MODs going back to C1, and your thread has confirmed those fears and then some. if before i had reasons to never reset - this now makes it even more undesirable. I hope the changes to this mode come quick, because it just feel massively out of touch with the game after MODs came. Yes - you can still play and go up levels without MODs, but why the heck are they even in the game then? Point of the last update was to supposedly expand the options and fun. Reset is missing this. 

Thank you for taking a bullet for the rest of us, and letting us know about it. I appreciate it and wish you the best of luck on your arduous regrind back up. 

instead of having mats that are C1-C3 , C4-C6 and C7 , they should all just be the same . it would make evolving much easier and use less storage space. I am on floor 150 and about to go through reset hell , someone hold me :P 

@direnels quote:

I am on floor 150 and about to go through reset hell , someone hold me :P 

If you're prepared, it's not too bad. I would recommend having the following:

• ~15M gold
  • ~200 of each mote type
  • ~15 of each tier of each crafting material
  • ~10 of each Chaos ampoule

This should let you instantly jump four of your relics (wall, AOE, single-target, anti-air) back up to 10/10 C7 (be careful as you mindlessly click upgrade, because once you hit C7 you might accidentally upgrade to C8!), your primary DPS hero's gear, and any important shards. Obviously the more gilded shards you have, the less you'll need to spend. 

I reset yesterday with the above and within minutes I was back farming C7. The whole point of ancient powering was to get concrete numbers but I forgot to take a before screenshot of my inventory, so a lot of the numbers are eye-balled.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shiny and pristine drop like confetti but plain, well I think they have been limited somewhat to make the materials booster pack a tempting short cut.

Plain motes only drop wave 1 and 2.

@Jaws_420 quote:

...and your thread has confirmed those fears and then some. if before i had reasons to never reset - this now makes it even more undesirable. 

And this is my first fear about the game ... some will just not reset for a long time ... because they are to sentimental with some drops they have ... and by the time devs change something to please them ... the reset of us will be 50 resets ahead of them => MASSIVE gold difference ... at reset 80 you have 400 % Gold bonus ... and at Reset 100 you earn half a milion in just one C7 map ... 

By that time, items prices will rise ... leaving players who don't reset with less options to buy Full Green bar MODS ... and my question is ... why do you care about some mediocre (Full Green Bar) when i can just buy new ones that you don't afford ?

this seems like a paradox ... you love the new MODS but in the same time you hate them ... decide ... you hate them ... so don't use them AT ALL ... or love them and just play with anything that drops for your Reset Climbing ... want to have fun ... risk some...

Emoji_Apprentice.png

:) i am not telling to you this ... but to some of my friends who in my opinion are stubborn.

I reset this morning and am currently C6 this is with upgrading 3 of my favourite relics.

None of the bonuses you get from resetting add to the fun of my DD2 experience, at least in terms of even a few points in that system. The gains are so incredibly marginal, and that is without even talking about the cost, but add that to it and this game feature is the exact opposite of fun to me. Fun to me is actually having access to all the things i have found and built up. This is a collection and leveling game on a lot of levels, and this mode punishes you for collecting and leveling and loves to take it back away from you. Its a paradox, and that is why many of us want nothing to do with it. Has nothing to do with fear, and the gold difference is not massive until you reset a multitude of times. I don't think 5% is a game breaker. Plus, now add to all of this the new costs of also upgrading all of your Gear/MODs (if you care to) on each cycle, which is a even more gold and materials you now need per a cycle. 

Besides, the only benefit right now i see to having more gold - is to 1) afford resets (which if i don't reset, i don't need to afford it), and 2) buying things from other people in the market because those with money will drive up the prices on things like level 5 MODs or anything rare.  Otherwise i have no need for any gold bonuses. Or EXP. The only thing i want out of the reset process right now is Ascension Level caps, but i despise Onslaught and in Expeditions i have zero need of any more power. 

You know, the funny thing to me is that TE has gone very far out of their way to not create a P2W game, but with how markets in the game are going, and with the reset gold bonuses - top end gear/MODs/Pets could easily become so highly priced, that only those top players will be able to afford it - and will in a way create its own in-game P2W economy. But, by introducing an economy/trading to the game, that was inevitable... 

It all goes back to one singular issue in DD2 that i have brought up many times - what on earth does anyone need any of this power (including resetting at all) in DD2 for? It does not help you in Mastery, Expeditions requires a fraction of that power to completely dominate, so the only benefit i see is being able to go higher in Onslaught (which i don't want to do). Any why go higher in Onslaught? Hopefully it is because you simply enjoy that mode, because that is the only reason i got... There is no C8. There is no Boss rush mode. There is no Crystalline Dimension. There is nothing on the other end of the rainbow called Onslaught. Don't get me wrong - i am having a ton of fun in DD2 now, and i could care less about the "end game mode" right now as i am just collecting and leveling like crazy. But if anyone, including TE, is going to try and sell me on the AP reset cycle, the very first things there needs to be is a reason for it, beyond that it just exists. Not to mention a reason actually worth the huge cost... If that reason exists for you, congrats. I think many of us do not have that though, and that is why the system is going to get revamped. 

In DD1 you could just about do Winter Wonderland with Mythicals and a good team. Howevere to really show off you needed to do the long runs on NMHCMM to get your Supremes, Ultimates and the ultra ultra rare Ult+ and Ult++. I think Trendy can put in an end game that will be accessible to players with good C7 gear but far more accessible to those with high ascension caps and C8.

Onslaught is jut a method of gating C8 ampoules currently. I am not sure if the weapon specific mods such as Tidal Wave and others only drop in Onslaught post 80.

I think the quest for the lost enternia shards would fit very well into the game as it stands. The harder maps with end bosses, unlocking the Crystaline Dimension and the worthwhile end result of skins and unique weapons. Something that 'requires' this extra power.

Ok so im not so salty anymore. I gotta farm c1-3 anyway. So to make it fun i decked out 3 builders and the witch with all that sweet modded goodness that is all campaign level now and use them to farm. No upgraded shards. Just ascension, mods, and perfect roll campaign gear.  Kinda still OP for c1 but c2 and 3 ... Pretty fun. I've found 2 destruction shards to boot. Lol

[[134433,users]].... if you cant see he benefits of 100% + xp boosts to fill your 999 caps faster than snail pace once you stop resetting.... Then no amount of trying to convince you is worth anyone's time... yes the Ancient powers are not very significant solo..but the devs had to balance that in case 3-4 ppl in the same group all had Ancient powers stack together... and Yes with the current mob scaling in the game resetting is not necessary at all...its an OPTIONAL system for those that have done everything else and climbed as high of onslaught floors they wish to Before that 1st reset... The new Prestigious weaps are silly OP and are RnG for which ones you get at reset and RnG on the quality of roll for their specific Prestigious Mods.... if you cant see the benefits of those mods... again i dunno what tell you... As far as re evolving your perfect setup gear for each reset its just not necessary or very efficient for Grinding out reset... You tinker relics to see what you like. and how effective they are... save them in your vaults at the 1 st reset and after you have reset 10 15-20 times you pull them back out and re evolve and take them on a Higher floor push to feel your talent cap increase and raise talent caps faster then resetting... if you used a ton of resources to tinker perfect mods onto a relic fully knowing you are gonna go on the reset Train ..Whos fault is that? is it really that big a deal to bring your perfect tinkered mods on the 55-65 grind? NO ...this game makes Peoples OCD shine... and if your Pysche can't handle letting certain things go and be put on the back burner while you reset for Some Great Passive bonuses Who's fault is that????? its optional ... its not for casual play ...its not something to rush into... its one of the last grinds you start ...after you have done everything else....SMH