Sign in to follow this  
Ron Bloodwings

Ron Bloodwings' Big List of M.O.D.S!

A while back Trendy asked for suggestions for M.O.D.S. over on twitter, I came up with several and have since come up with more! For simplicity I’ll post them all here and occasionally update this post with new M.O.D.S. as I come up with them. Feel free to post your own if you have a good one!

Generic Defense M.O.D.S.

• Parting Gift Servo - When destroyed the defense explodes; dealing X damage to all enemies in a large area around it.
  • Element Siphon Servo - Elemental towers gain X defense power but no longer deal elemental damage. Does not stack with element servos.
  • Resurgence Servo - When a debuff effect ends gain X defense power for 5 seconds.
  • Finisher Servo - Deal X% more damage to enemies below 20% health.
  • First Strike Servo - Deal X% more damage to enemies at full health.
  • Charged Power Servo - After not attacking for 10 seconds gain X defense power.
  • Desperate Power Servo - Gain X defense power for every 10% health the defense is missing.
  • Prideful Power Servo - Gain X defense power while the defense has full health. However, enemies are more likely to target the defense. Does not function with traps, auras, or nodes.
  • Final Measure Servo - After taking damage that would destroy it; the defense becomes invulnerable for 3 seconds and gains X defense power. When this effect ends the defense is destroyed. Does not function with traps, auras, or nodes.
  • Divert Power Servo - Reduce defense health by X and increase defense power by X.

Unique Defense M.O.D.S.

Apprentice

• Heat Exhaustion - Enemies hit by Flamethrower Tower are slowed by X% for 2 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Enemies loose a stack every 2 seconds when not refreshed.
  • Cold Wave - After fully channeling; Frostbite Tower deals X frost damage to enemies in its range.
  • Runic Absorption Matrix - Arcane Barrier absorbs projectiles that hit it, nullifying them and their effects, and restoring X defense health to the Arcane Barrier.
  • Tectonic Shockwave - After hitting an enemy Earthshatter tower releases an additional shockwave one second later in a ring around its impact area that deals X% of its normal damage and applies shard effects.

Monk

• Mjölnir Strikes - Lightning Strikes Aura has a chance to strike all enemies in its radius for X damage.

Squire

• Whirling Doom - When spinning at maximum speed Training Dummies pulse X additional magical damage to all enemies in its range every 2 seconds.
  • Shrapnel Fire - Cannonball Towers fire shrapnel, dealing X damage to up to 5 enemies near its target.

Huntress

• Poison Cloud - Poison Dart Tower spawns a poison cloud when hitting enemies. Poison Clouds deal X earth damage every second, lasting 3 seconds.

Abyss Lord

• Binding Shot - Skeletal archers deal X additional Earth damage and slow enemies hit by X% for X seconds.

Dryad

• Swarm Mentality - Moss Hornet Nests increase the defense power of other Moss Hornet Nests within range by X.
  • Thundering Anger - While corrupt, Angry Nimbus’ lightning strikes chain to up to 3 additional nearby enemies, dealing X storm damage and stunning them for 2 seconds. This effect cannot occur more then once every 6 seconds.
  • Slime King Awakens! - Enemies that step over a Slime Pit cause the Slime King to appear, dealing X damage to all nearby enemies and instantly summoning 5 additional slimes from the Slime Pit at no cost. These slimes do not count toward the maximum number of slimes that can be summoned by the Slime Pit. Cannot occur more then once every 15 seconds.
  • Harmony In Nature - World Tree increases the radius of the Dryad’s Blessing by X% while standing in its area of effect.

EV2

• Trip Wiring - Proton Beam deals X magic damage when enemies first come in contact. Double this damage if no more then 2 nodes were used.
  • Virus Upload - Projectiles reflected by Reflect Beam become imbued with Poison and deal X earth damage over 3 seconds.

Lavamancer

• Ashen Breath - While petrifying an enemy; Maw of the Earth Drake deals X damage to enemies immediately in front of it.
  • Oil Field - Oil Geyser leaves a puddle of oil on the ground in its effect radius that slows enemies by 20%. Lasts x seconds. Does not Oil enemies.
  • Creeping Petrify - Enemies that die while petrified by Maw of the Earth Drake also petrify up to 5 enemies nearby for 2 seconds. This effect can spread one additional time.

Mystic

• Entombed - Increase the stun duration of Snaking Sands by 2 seconds and deal X Earth damage per second to enemies that are stunned.

Adept

• Blinding Sleet - Hailstorm tower disables the vision of enemies hit, rendering them unable to attack for X seconds. 

Generic Hero M.O.D.S. - Armor

• Train of Thought Chip - Gain X ability power for 10 seconds after casting the same ability multiple times in a row. Stacks up to 3 times. All stacks are lost when another ability is used.
  • Calm Mind Chip - When all abilities are off cool down your next ability gains X ability power.
  • Rampage Chip - Defeating an enemy increases hero damage by X for 5 seconds, stacking up to 100 times. Mini-bosses immediately grant maximum stacks.
  • Resurgence Chip - When a debuff effect ends gain X% damage for 5 seconds. 
  • Endurance Chip - While effected by a debuff your hero gains X armor.
  • Desperate Damage Chip - Gain X hero damage for every 10% health missing.
  • Desperate AP chip - Gain X ability power for every 10% health missing.
  • Divert Damage Chip - Reduce hero health by X and increase hero power by X.
  • Divert AP Chip - Reduce hero health by X and increase hero power by X.

Generic Hero M.O.D.S. - Weapons

• Victory Rush Chip - Defeating a Mini-Boss heals your hero for X.
  • Adrenaline Chip - When a defense is destroyed or an objective is attacked your hero gains 50% damage and 50% movement speed for X seconds. 
  • Final Spark Chip - Taking lethal damage will instead cause your hero to become invulnerable for 3 seconds and deal X% increased damage. When this effect ends your hero perishes. Cannot occur more then once per combat phase. (Activates after Last Stand Chip.)
  • Finisher Chip - Deal X% more damage to enemies below 20% health.
  • First Strike Chip - Deal X% more damage to enemies at full health.

Hero Specific M.O.D.S.

• (Apprentice/Adept) Water Spout - Increases Tornado’s ability power by X and causes enemies hit to be drenched for 3 seconds.
  • (Abyss Lord) Lord of Commands - Direct Command gains X ability power and its effect durations are refreshed on all affected towers each time it is cast.
  • (Barbarian) Warrior’s Heart - Using Staggering Shout causes all stances to consume no Fury or Wrath for the next X seconds.
  • (Dryad) Lingering Corruption - When Corrupt Form is canceled defenses retain their bonus effects for X seconds.
  • (Mystic) Serpent God’s Gift - Being healed by or healing an ally with Serpent’s Coil causes the mystic’s next primary attack to poison enemies, dealing X damage over 3 seconds.
  • (Dryad) Star Shower - Starfall spawns X additional smaller stars nearby that deal X damage to enemies near their impact. These stars cannot be picked up.
  • Mantra of Karma (Initiate) - When Talisman of Empowerment expires it deals X% of all damage taken by heroes within its effect to all enemies within range.
Edited by Ron Bloodwings

I like the idea of the hero specific mods since they can be targeted by having certain heroes in your deck and can change the way towers are used.  However I would be very careful about generic mods since it can drastically detract from being able to get desired mods such as tenacity or piercing.  I do like the Element Siphon Servo though.    

As a general guideline for designing a new mod, I would say to ask yourself if you would actually be in your top three choices for a slot.  There are certainly garbage mods and shards right now that most players would like to see gone since they lower chances of getting ideal mods and shards.  

There already are hero specific mods in the game.

Ideally, each mod should have a situation where it can shine; Tenacity may as well be nothing for auras/traps/nodes if a lane has no Cyborks, but it's a top tier one when they're present. It's hard to make something that couldn't also be a shard... since they are pretty interchangeable.

Some great ideas. Thanks for sharing them. 

Oil Field and Whirling Doom both sound like very cool ideas. 

New M.O.D.S. added!

• Finisher Servo - Deal X% more damage to enemies below 20% health.
  • First Strike Servo - Deal X% more damage to enemies at full health.
  • Shrapnel Fire - Cannonball Towers fire shrapnel, dealing X damage to up to 5 enemies near its target.
  • Swarm Mentality - Moss Hornet Nests increase the defense power of other Moss Hornet Nests within range by X.
  • Endurance Chip - While effected by a debuff your hero gains X armor.
  • Finisher Chip - Deal X% more damage to enemies below 20% health.
  • First Strike Chip - Deal X% more damage to enemies at full health.
  • (Dryad) Star Shower - Starfall spawns X additional smaller stars nearby that deal X damage to enemies near their impact. These stars cannot be picked up.

I also cleaned up a few M.O.D.S. to be a bit more consistent with the wording.

New M.O.D.S. Added

• Charged Power Servo - After not attacking for 10 seconds the defense gains X defense power.
  • Desperate Power Servo - Gain X defense power for every 10% health the defense is missing.
  • Prideful Power Servo - Gain X defense power while the defense has full health. However, enemies are more likely to target the defense. Does not function with traps, auras, or nodes.
  • Final Measure Servo - After taking damage that would destroy it; the defense becomes invulnerable for 3 seconds and gains X defense power. When this effect ends the defense is destroyed. Does not function with traps, auras, or nodes.
  • Desperate Damage Chip - Gain X hero damage for every 10% health missing.
  • Desperate AP chip - Gain X ability power for every 10% health missing.
  • Binding Shot - Skeletal archers deal X additional Earth damage and slow enemies hit by X% for 2 seconds. (Slow goes to 100% max rank with C8)
  • Runic Absorption Matrix - Arcane Barrier absorbs projectiles that hit it, nullifying them and their effects, and restoring X defense health to the Arcane Barrier.

I really want the dd1 harpoon sorta machine gun look back. maybe a mod that reduces dmg delt to 10% but fires x times faster. 

also was thinking of a mod to let you put traps,notes,auras on walls?

@concrete_fish quote:

I really want the dd1 harpoon sorta machine gun look back. maybe a mod that reduces dmg delt to 10% but fires x times faster. 

I think that later one would present a whole slew of technical hurdles to make it work as intended, particularly for traps.

@Ron Bloodwings quote:

@concrete_fish quote:

I think that later one would present a whole slew of technical hurdles to make it work as intended, particularly for traps.

Sadly, yeah. I just thought id put it out there :3

Heeeeeey... It's been a while since I added to this... here are some new ones I came up with!

New M.O.D.S. Added!

• Tectonic Shockwave - After hitting an enemy Earthshatter tower releases an additional shockwave one second later in a ring around its impact area that deals X% of its normal damage and applies shard effects.
  • Thundering Anger - While corrupt, Angry Nimbus’ lightning strikes chain to up to 3 additional nearby enemies, dealing X storm damage and stunning them for 2 seconds. This effect cannot occur more then once every 6 seconds.
  • Slime King Awakens! - Enemies that step over a Slime Pit cause the Slime King to appear, dealing X damage to all nearby enemies and instantly summoning 5 additional slimes from the Slime Pit at no cost. These slimes do not count toward the maximum number of slimes that can be summoned by the Slime Pit. Cannot occur more then once every 15 seconds.
  • Hallucinogenic Toxin - Sand Viper has X% chance to confuse its target when it deals damage, increasing by X% every second it channels.
  • Mantra of Karma (Initiate) - When Talisman of Empowerment expires it deals X% of all damage taken by heroes within its effect to all enemies within range.

Posted (edited)

Yes, I am still coming up with new M.O.D.S., this time around with the new diminishing returns on stun effects I came up with two unique stun related MODS to really shake things up! Also I formatted the list some so it’s easier to read all those unique defense mods~

New M.O.D.S. Added!

• Divert Power Servo - Reduce defense health by X and increase defense power by X.
  • Divert Damage Chip - Reduce hero health by X and increase hero power by X.
  • Divert AP Chip - Reduce hero health by X and increase hero power by X.
  • Entombed - Increase the stun duration of Snaking Sands by 2 seconds and deal X Earth damage per second to enemies that are stunned.
  • Creeping Petrify - Enemies that die while petrified by Maw of the Earth Drake also petrify up to 5 enemies nearby for 2 seconds. This effect can spread one additional time.
  • Harmony In Nature - World Tree increases the radius of the Dryad’s Blessing by X% while standing in its area of effect.
  • Trip Wiring - Proton Beam deals X magic damage when enemies first come in contact. Double this damage if no more then 2 nodes were used.
  • Virus Upload - Projectiles reflected by Reflect Beam become imbued with Poison and deal X earth damage over 3 seconds.
Edited by Ron Bloodwings