Sign in to follow this  
raiden7447

Just How Rare are Chaos 8 Ampoules??

I'm on floor 88 now in onslaught. I heard floor 80 was the first chance to get chaos 8 ampoules. If so, I've completed 8 floors without a single one popping up. I know the higher you go the more common they become. But, I'm wondering just how long I have to climb just to see one? Getting chaos 8 ampoules is the only reason I'm playing now. Otherwise I see no point in climbing floors for no other reward. I am an average gamer who doesn't have a lot of hours per week to play. I just don't know if it's worth climbing floors right now?

someone said they went from like 85 to 150 and got 3 total, cant remember who or what thread tho. but by that 1 will probs drop every 25 floors or so, just a guess

I believe I got 3 C8 Ampoules from Floor 87 to Floor 150, though I got 6 of them from Floor 87 to Floor 157, so I kinda lucked them out recently. They are rather elusive, but they're also tradeable, so you could just buy them if you wanted to Evolve your gear to Chaos 8.

@Codeine_Fiend666 quote:

i got two stacks of c8 amps already there so common dropping like candy... Wwwooooooo!!!!!

What floor are you on?

also, if you do the same floor over again, can you still get the ampoules?

@raiden7447 quote:

@Codeine_Fiend666 quote:

i got two stacks of c8 amps already there so common dropping like candy... Wwwooooooo!!!!!

What floor are you on?

Based on the leaderboards, this fella's on floor 152. And I would suggest not believing every single word he cooks up. He has a track record of Trolling in this forums. Nothing useful ever comes out of this fella as of yet. So whenever he post, you can expect it to be crap.

But I think and heard, If I'm not mistaken, yeah, you could get the C8 ampoules by replaying. Since it's not defender packs but just materials.

I managed to pull a few mods and 1 amp running lower floors in random games. I think. Sorry can't think straight been working all weekend lol.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@raiden7447 quote:

@Codeine_Fiend666 quote:

What floor are you on?

Based on the leaderboards, this fella's on floor 152. And I would suggest not believing every single word he cooks up. He has a track record of Trolling in this forums. Nothing useful ever comes out of this fella as of yet. So whenever he post, you can expect it to be crap.

But I think and heard, If I'm not mistaken, yeah, you could get the C8 ampoules by replaying. Since it's not defender packs but just materials.

look im rick flare and simple as this they are common to me really what floor are you on floor 55? my game keeps crashing on third map so not my fault i keep on getting this good drops.                           WWwwwwwwwwwoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Codeine_Fiend666 quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@raiden7447 quote:

@Codeine_Fiend666 quote:

What floor are you on?

look im rick flare and simple as this they are common to me really what floor are you on floor 55? my game keeps crashing on third map so not my fault i keep on getting this good drops.                           WWwwwwwwwwwoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's because of your ridiculous claim to be rick flair, shallow trolling and all, I can't take you seriously now. 

I think one of the big issues with C8 ampoules aren't the drop rate alone but the fact that your first ampoule does very little for you (and is arguably WORSE for you since it increases tinkering costs too). 

Ignoring Ancient Power, assume you're going for a push and you find an ampoule. You obviously want to use it on your primary DPS relic, right? Going from 10/10 C7 to 5/5 C8 is about a 20,000 defense power increase (or roughly 30-35%). But the first time you use your C8 ampoule only gives around 1,000ish defense power to your relic--roughly a 2% overall increase.

Such a small bonus for such a rare item doesn't seem right to me, and it really diminishes the impact of even finding even one C8 ampoule. I understand that this scaling is very similar to how evolving works for other Chaos tiers, but I think it should be changed to frontload more of the benefits up front. Perhaps increasing the initial upgrade to +5k and then smooth out the upgrade levels to still retain the total maximum defense power at the end. This way, finding a single ampoule is exciting as you'll get a noticeable benefit from immediately using it (~10% defense power).