Sign in to follow this  
ram1024

Absolutely Necessary Changes

Inventory Access while Combat Phase - it's a tower defense game, you're building to AFK as much as possible. let us actually use that time to perform useful actions such as cleaning up our overcluttered inventory

Garbage Defense Balance - buff the crap-tier defenses. every week you should be incrementally making the effort to bring these underperforming (and sometimes buggy) defenses up to parity with the ones people actually use. people spend a lot of time (and sometimes money) decking out these characters and they'd want to see useless parts of their kit actually be viable

Sale Warning - you are about to sell a mod with quality <user set threshold> or higher! [confirm - 3][exit]. You are about to sell an Item with stat roll quality <user set threshold> or higher! [confirm - 3][exit]. people don't want to spend tons of effort mousing over 50 items every run. automate this and make the game more enjoyable for everyone. at the very least mark items with exceptional rolls so that we can easily save/junk at a glance

Auto Join Queue - hit button, you are now automatically joining public games that can drop items which are an upgrade to your highest gearscore character. if no games have matched in the past XX minutes suggest the player create a public game

Make it Super Easy and Intuitive to Inspect Other Players - probably the best way to learn is to watch someone kicking ass and then inspecting his gear to see how he's doing it. this shouldn't be turned off in combat phase, and you should be encouraging new players to use this feature to learn how to improve their performance. similarly you should be able to see what relic is being used on the defense when you inspect it

Replay/Retry Map - why isn't this a thing? should be accessable by hitting escape key also, not having to sell all your towers and hit G in order to force a failed map

Client Side Action - makes no sense for me to place a tower in a certain place on MY screen only to have to lag-to-server transmit that it has been placed somewhere else. this is especially noticeable when placing nodes which can be wildly erratic in a laggy situation. extremely frustrating on mastery mode where you can't REMOVE a messed up placement or you fail the entire map

Spawn Point Immunity Removed 30 Seconds After Last Mob is Spawned - stuck mobs are super annoying, we've tolerated them for years. the line must be drawn here

Quest Active Indicator - in tavern/town there should be an onscreen indicator that you have a daily or weekly quest active and it should be telling new players to hit J to access the quest information page

Better Tooltipping - user should know at a glance that a defense is ground only, air only, both, blockade, tower, node, trap magic damage, physical, whatever. maybe also do some loadscreens that inform the player such as "picture of monk skyguards reaming air units [caption: the monk's skyguard tower is the strongest anti-air tower in the game having the ability to target up to 3 targets simultaneously and debuffing enemy air units with a strong movement speed reduction]"

No to the inspection. People are already wasting so much time inspecting pre-combat phase as it is. During combat with Onslaught or Mastery lanes would surely go down.

I would love an option to prevent people from inspecting me.

On daily missions now we have all the maps bundled into groups such as towns, spooky and castles etc make the daily pools the same as  these rather than the old legacy collections we have currently where half the maps don't count towards any daily progress.

On PS4 the ability to rotate the camera whilst placing towers would be a great addition.

While everyone might not agree on which ideas they like, i always appreciate people taking the time to share their ideas in a constructive way - so thank you for sharing them. 

Better player inspection, retry ability, spawn point immunity, and tooltipping - are all really great ideas that i support. 

Wasn't there also a feature in DD1 where it sold all uncollected items for mana after a map? Would be nice to have that implemented in DD2 to help with grinding gold.

@ram1024 quote:

Inventory Access while Combat Phase - it's a tower defense game, you're building to AFK as much as possible. let us actually use that time to perform useful actions such as cleaning up our overcluttered inventory

I think that's a line crossed. During dire situations, you'll probably need help from another defender on some occasions and he/she's cleaning up inv. Well, you'll know what's going to be the outcome. OR. you're busy cleaning up inv being unaware that the situation happens to get dire which ends up you still gonna get the same outcome.

Garbage Defense Balance - buff the crap-tier defenses. every week you should be incrementally making the effort to bring these underperforming (and sometimes buggy) defenses up to parity with the ones people actually use. people spend a lot of time (and sometimes money) decking out these characters and they'd want to see useless parts of their kit actually be viable

Definitely would be nice. But I'm no balance expert. So...let's see what Trendy does.

Make it Super Easy and Intuitive to Inspect Other Players - probably the best way to learn is to watch someone kicking ass and then inspecting his gear to see how he's doing it. this shouldn't be turned off in combat phase, and you should be encouraging new players to use this feature to learn how to improve their performance. similarly you should be able to see what relic is being used on the defense when you inspect it

This is one feature I want to see upgraded and updated! It really needs to show the shard loadouts and for all the relic spots. And I don't really like the fact that I can no longer inspect my own deck. I sometimes would like to take a look the card art of my characters. Might not seem relevant to some, but it's fun to me! Adding back the "Inspect Deck" button beside the "Edit Shop" button would just solve the problem.

Also definitely would love to inspect at combat phase again. If that's still not a good idea, I'm cool with it. But I still want inspection to be upgraded and updated! 

Spawn Point Immunity Removed 30 Seconds After Last Mob is Spawned - stuck mobs are super annoying, we've tolerated them for years. the line must be drawn here

They are annoying indeed. I think Trendy is planning to do or is doing something about it. So let's see.

Replay/Retry Map - why isn't this a thing? should be accessable by hitting escape key also, not having to sell all your towers and hit G in order to force a failed map

Quest Active Indicator - in tavern/town there should be an onscreen indicator that you have a daily or weekly quest active and it should be telling new players to hit J to access the quest information page

These doesn't affect me that much but still, they're pretty decent QoL changes, so yeah, would be nice for them to in the game too.

people supposedly "AFK" sorting their inventory when they should be defending a lane could just as easily be surfing youtube or arguing with their cat. not allowing it because it MIGHT happen is the same as banning spoons because they make people fat

@ram1024 quote:

people supposedly "AFK" sorting their inventory when they should be defending a lane could just as easily be surfing youtube or arguing with their cat. not allowing it because it MIGHT happen is the same as banning spoons because they make people fat

Peeps doing that is their business. But not everyone have AFK-ing grade builds, so sorting inv during combat phase might cause more problem than good. 

I'm hopeful for the changes Trendy have in mind and are working on.

C8, C9? C10? Also what is this "nightmare mode" i've seen other people mention?

I don't have a cat :( but if i did, we would talk about the universe and the meaning of life.

@ram1024 quote:

@Superb_Dog quote:

Also what is this "nightmare mode" i've seen other people mention?

It's a difficulty before it got replace by Chaos difficulty back in the days of early access. Just imagine the difficulty without Vanguards, Cyborks, Geodes, Berserkers, Dark Assassins, Hex Throwers and Kobolts. That's what Nightmare is! Except it's just 4 tiers instead of 7.

Ahh.....NM4, the good ol' days. Well not that old. 2016 ain't all that way back haha!

I see, thank you bro :)

Reading your post made me think about incursion mode and in particular the ghostly knights in one of the maps. Perhaps incursion mode needs an update and make it so that people would want to return to it.

I like the unique things and enemies in incursion but i'm sure this can be expanded upon, so that players return to this mode for a reason.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Superb_Dog quote:

Also what is this "nightmare mode" i've seen other people mention?

It's a difficulty before it got replace by Chaos difficulty back in the days of early access. Just imagine the difficulty without Vanguards, Cyborks, Geodes, Berserkers, Dark Assassins, Hex Throwers and Kobolts. That's what Nightmare is! Except it's just 4 tiers instead of 7.

@Superb_Dog quote:

I see, thank you bro :)

Reading your post made me think about incursion mode and in particular the ghostly knights in one of the maps. Perhaps incursion mode needs an update and make it so that people would want to return to it.

I like the unique things and enemies in incursion but i'm sure this can be expanded upon, so that players return to this mode for a reason.

Anytime! :)

Incursion was awesome during the NM days! Alongside with Defense Mode (Free-play) and Onslaught V1 these gamemodes each provides very unique loot in different ways. It was a very different times at DD2!

Incursions definitely need a major update on that! Big time update! Now that the loot have a substantial change, it really needs to be expanded.

And some of the Incursion really need to be overhauled! Some like Chrome Enemies/Forest Poachers/Wyvern Enthusiast aren't that interesting compared to the likes of Spectral Assault, Power Surge, Molten Citadel etc. Would definitely nice if they have crazy mechanics!

If I'm not mistaken, Spectral Assault was one of the most played incursions apart from the other three which is Bling King, Power Surge, and Bastille Master. Peeps would farm there for the Sword of the Unholy Fire (which sadly is no longer available currently) and IPWR 750 gear.

Pepperoni shield, breadstick sword, salad shooter bow, buffalo wing wings.  Monk could use a pizza scoop thing they take the pizza out of the oven with.  Double sided of course.

Defense mods which make the defense look like a pizza on the ground.  Surely the lavamancer could make use of a pizza sauce mod.

@ram1024 quote:

this, this and yes - this!

Since we're entering cosmetics....(muahahahaha *takes advantage*)

I'm adding these two my list of suggestions!

A costume similar (not exact) to the pic below! Green electricity crackle and tesla coils included pls. Perhaps lavamancer? The fist is nuts! Maybe the Barbarian? Or a future hero!?

With dark tech, perhaps he's the Techwitch's nemesis? Does Prof. Proteus have a dark rival who created this (awesome) monstrosity?

Mecha-Jaraxxus promo.gif

AND......

Cursed Gold Aztec armor Squire or Countess based on the design of these (legendary shield and sword based on it would be dope too!) :

Image result for aztec gold pirates of the caribbean

Here my list (one final change) for reclarification and that's it! 

Dark Mage Adept! (Y'know, based on the DD2's Dark Mage)

Spider Fang Ranger! Based on the amazing bow!

Related image

And the COSMOS dryad!!! Based on this sword! Sword included!

File:Ark of the Cosmos.png

Sorry for the way I typed, I was just excited! I'm really feeling like a maniac right now.... If any of you do read this, thank you for your time!

I really hope they do make it. And if they do, I also hope they get proper card art! I would be very glad to pay gems for 'em! 

So it's just these five! These will be the last of my costume suggestions! I think I've suggested too much. So, again, that's it! I just wish for those!