Sign in to follow this  
Jaws_420

Mastery Ideas

@ArchaicLotus quote:

I barely finished your first paragraph, did not even bother with the rest

Its alright, i didn't read past your first sentence, so touche 

it would be great if after completing the mastery mode, have the possibility to restart and win the prizes again.

I simply skimmed over this, but I'd like to chime in. Feel free to ignore me if you wish, and I'm sorry if I repeat anything. 

1. I absolutely loved mastery, wish there was more mastery, and wish those of us that got in the top 100 leaderboards got some sort of special reward for doing so. Why, because of 2 below.

2. Mastery is simple now. I leveled 4 dryads, 2 EV's, 5 mystics, etc. etc. in order to finish my mastery. These mods weren't around (which make it simple now.)

Mastery isn't easy, but "mastering" anything isn't meant to be easy. It's not really difficult, either. Especially now. 

Before I came back to the game again (this expansion), I was logging in almost solely to help people in mastery. Unfortunately, I did an AP reset, regretted it within minutes (literally, minutes), and Trendy woulnd't do anything for me so I quit the game. If I were geared up again like I was before, I would offer mastery runs all the time.  

/sadface

Give the top 100 a special title or something, Trendy!!!

Well-worded post. 

As it is, I've not reset AP for the similar reasoning. Oh but when I do, that sweet talent cap boost is going to be a large number. For me it will be from Witcher 3, to Witcher 3 New Game +.

I can't stand mastery mode, i don't like any mode where to make it harder they make all my characters useless, if you want to make it harder do so without gimping my characters

@ufolouco quote:

it would be great if after completing the mastery mode, have the possibility to restart and win the prizes again.

There is no way in the world would I wish for that to happen......reseting your stars in Mastery would be an absolute nightmare for me!

To think of it now, and since Ram said it, I think it would be for the best for to continue sticking to being an achievement mode. I mean sure, you could have some pets added in the mode for replayability but I will never support the notion of losing my stars at Mastery. They are hard-earned to me.

@Failtard quote:

1. I absolutely loved mastery, wish there was more mastery, and wish those of us that got in the top 100 leaderboards got some sort of special reward for doing so. Why, because of 2 below.

Give the top 100 a special title or something, Trendy!!!

Haha, it's one of the two major reasons that motivate me to complete mastery or at least make it to the leaderboards before the Prove Your Mastery event is over even though the Mastery Crowns were out of my reach. I thought those who made it to the leaderboards would get something special (an exclusive costume perhaps?) too. We might get something, but the winners still outshine us by getting both! So it's still a win-win.

Hmmm......maybe "Junior Grand Master" or "Grand Master-In-Training" would be an adequate title.

Just stating my thought of how I feel back then. Not that it matters to me now. Would be nice for them to come, but no longer a big deal to me currently. What's done is done. I have to respect that.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@ufolouco quote:

There is no way in the world would I wish for that to happen......reseting your stars in Mastery would be an absolute nightmare for me!

To think of it now, and since Ram said it, I think it would be for the best for to continue sticking to being an achievement mode. I mean sure, you could have some pets added in the mode for replayability but I will never support the notion of losing my stars at Mastery. They are hard-earned to me.

is your opinion, for sure I would lose my mastery stars to get another mass destruction and another striker vicius. you would have the option to restart or not.

@rdeal quote:

I can't stand mastery mode, i don't like any mode where to make it harder they make all my characters useless, if you want to make it harder do so without gimping my characters

First off; I used every hero in the game to complete my mastery. Multiples of some. So they didn't make any of the characters useless...you just need to know when to you them.

Second; you're upset that they gimped your characters, therefore making it "harder". (lol) But you're in favor of them doing something else that makes it just as difficult. Six in one, half dozen in the other isn't it? 

Mastery isn't for the "casual" player. Someone that just logs on and dabbles around to have fun. It's for people that want to experience difficult content and achieve things in the game that not everyone will achieve. This is why you get hyper shards as a reward. You did something challenging (mastery) and the rewards you get will help you complete something else challenging (high onslaught floors). 

Trendy didn't gimp anyone. Strategy, diversity, effort and maybe a little real life spending cash may have gimped you..but Trendy didn't.

@ufolouco quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@ufolouco quote:

is your opinion, for sure I would lose my mastery stars to get another mass destruction and another striker vicius. you would have the option to restart or not.

Ah....I see. So you just want more of those. Well, unfortunately for you, Trendy only intends for us to get just one of each of those Hyper Shards. Like some said back then when mastery came out, it's design was meant for multiplaying where four players with Mass and Vicious (eg.) can work together.

Another good point is, if there was more then one Mass, what's the point of having Destruction.

@Failtard quote:

@rdeal quote:

First off; I used every hero in the game to complete my mastery. Multiples of some. So they didn't make any of the characters useless...you just need to know when to you them.

Second; you're upset that they gimped your characters, therefore making it "harder". (lol) But you're in favor of them doing something else that makes it just as difficult. Six in one, half dozen in the other isn't it? 

Mastery isn't for the "casual" player. Someone that just logs on and dabbles around to have fun. It's for people that want to experience difficult content and achieve things in the game that not everyone will achieve. This is why you get hyper shards as a reward. You did something challenging (mastery) and the rewards you get will help you complete something else challenging (high onslaught floors). 

Trendy didn't gimp anyone. Strategy, diversity, effort and maybe a little real life spending cash may have gimped you..but Trendy didn't.

That was just the biggest pile of crap i have ever read on this site so taking away all my ascension and making my gear as low as it could be is not gimping? i don't think the mode is really that hard but i don't want my characters lowered in any way shape or form and what the hell was that last sentence about you must be smoking some serious ***

@rdeal quote:

@Failtard quote:

@rdeal quote:

That was just the biggest pile of crap i have ever read on this site so taking away all my ascension and making my gear as low as it could be is not gimping? i don't think the mode is really that hard but i don't want my characters lowered in any way shape or form and what the hell was that last sentence about you must be smoking some serious ***

Translation: I suck at mastery and I’m butthurt about it, so I’ll attempt to drown everyone in my ocean of tears. 

Really though...you don’t get it. If you don’t find mastery to be difficult, then why haven’t you finished it? Instead you come here to complain about the mechanics? Everything you post says you DO find it difficult, and that’s why you’re here complaining. You want your ascension...so it will be easier for you. (Lol) 

The last sentence is pretty simple to decipher. It says Trendy didn’t gimp you, you gimped yourself. It alludes to the facts that:

1. You may not be smart enough to figure out proper builds and strategies to complete mastery. 

2. You may be too lazy to put in the effort and simply stand there, arms out, begging for hyper shards. 

3. You may still live in Moms basement, and if you spend another penny on this game you’ll have to cut back on Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew next week. 

Seriously. Mods made mastery SO much easier  I can’t believe people still complain about the difficulty anymore. Maybe ask for some help. Hell, I had someone help me with some maps that I found to be more difficult than others. He had been through it already, knew what he was doing, and I learned a LOT from him. Maybe you need to do the same. 

@Failtard quote:

@rdeal quote:

@Failtard quote:

@rdeal quote:

Translation: I suck at mastery and I’m butthurt about it, so I’ll attempt to drown everyone in my ocean of tears. 

Really though...you don’t get it. If you don’t find mastery to be difficult, then why haven’t you finished it? Instead you come here to complain about the mechanics? Everything you post says you DO find it difficult, and that’s why you’re here complaining. You want your ascension...so it will be easier for you. (Lol) 

The last sentence is pretty simple to decipher. It says Trendy didn’t gimp you, you gimped yourself. It alludes to the facts that:

1. You may not be smart enough to figure out proper builds and strategies to complete mastery. 

2. You may be too lazy to put in the effort and simply stand there, arms out, begging for hyper shards. 

3. You may still live in Moms basement, and if you spend another penny on this game you’ll have to cut back on Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew next week. 

Seriously. Mods made mastery SO much easier  I can’t believe people still complain about the difficulty anymore. Maybe ask for some help. Hell, I had someone help me with some maps that I found to be more difficult than others. He had been through it already, knew what he was doing, and I learned a LOT from him. Maybe you need to do the same. 

So because i don't like something i suck at it? and where did i ever say it was too hard i have got the shards i need, the last 2 i don't want so i am not going to play a mode i don't like to get them and i am smart enough to reads someone post and see they are not moaning about the difficulty.

Trendy are the lazy ones they did a mode where they gimped your character to make it harder instead of just making the game harder in other ways

@Failtard quote:

Then if you don't need it anymore, why are you here hating on it? lmao

just giving my opinion and i don't want them to do something similar again

•  a rewards system is required
  • you cant push someone further then having the most difficult tasks becoming mundane 
if WE can rap our heads around that i think the question maybe, are you guys asking the right question.

back to masteries lol. i would like to say to trendy if we cant be pushed any further in the game then masteries. how would you reward the most difficult mundane tasks? lmfao.

@rdeal quote:

Trendy are the lazy ones they did a mode where they gimped your character to make it harder instead of just making the game harder in other ways

Yes, not so end game players AND mid-tier players as they are progressing could have additional challenging content that encouraged team play and did not take a ton of resources to develop while also making the Power of the Ancients expansion, it was laziness.

There's no need to insult one another (or us for that matter), as it's just going to provide a bad reputation and prevent future communication. You attract more flies with honey.

Hi Lawlta.  My girlfriend and I recently picked this game up on PSN and I would like to say it's been a blast.  I was a long time player of the first DD and I freaked out and derped hard when I saw a new one.  Anyway, on topic of Mastery.  We completed all of the Mastery tasks, acquired our wings, full 735 stars.  But there was something really disappointing about completing Mastery and that's that there is no Title given for completing everything.  Maybe I am coming across as "entitled" and forgive me if I am.  The flair and stuff is cool and all, but I figured we'd get a nice Title for completing such a major and complicated part of the game.  

@Final_Bosu quote:
Hi Lawlta.  My girlfriend and I recently picked this game up on PSN and I would like to say it's been a blast.  I was a long time player of the first DD and I freaked out and derped hard when I saw a new one.  Anyway, on topic of Mastery.  We completed all of the Mastery tasks, acquired our wings, full 735 stars.  But there was something really disappointing about completing Mastery and that's that there is no Title given for completing everything.  Maybe I am coming across as "entitled" and forgive me if I am.  The flair and stuff is cool and all, but I figured we'd get a nice Title for completing such a major and complicated part of the game.  

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it, there's a lot more coming! We did a title on the initial release for the top 10 players to complete it per platform (and we did 7 weeks of releasing a new tier). This is a solid suggestion though, I'll see what I can do. :)

ata boi!!!!

@Final_Bosu quote:

@GetYourWetWipes quote:
  •  a rewards system is required
  • you cant push someone further then having the most difficult tasks becoming mundane 
if WE can rap our heads around that i think the question maybe, are you guys asking the right question.

back to masteries lol. i would like to say to trendy if we cant be pushed any further in the game then masteries. how would you reward the most difficult mundane tasks? lmfao.

I definitely stopped playing. Every time I'm on the map 3/3 the game closes automatically, the last time I did that I broke my joystick on the floor and still had to take a headache remedy. unfortunately I have to say this, as long as they do not fix this problem I will not play again. This is just an outburst.