Sign in to follow this  
Sam116

Ogers and Old One

Simple and short

Ogers shouldent be able to damage crystals

(annoying when they "accidently" hit it)

2. Not necessary but would be cool if old ones slams would be effective archers-mages-djinns aswell

Ogres should be able to damage it. I believe the range should be a bit more intuitive, I'v witnessed incredible reach to know how far to put from defenses which I am sure seems to be the reasoning. People seem a little harsh, but the idea comes from a good place. 

Guess i'll clarify a lil bit, kinda meant it more as in either make them want to hit crystals and not just run around them doing nothing when no defence are nearby or not make them target it atall

@Sam116 quote:

Guess i'll clarify a lil bit, kinda meant it more as in either make them want to hit crystals and not just run around them doing nothing when no defence are nearby or not make them target it atall

If you are a good builder, you can take ogres aggro management to your advantage. If Ogres happen to hit the crystal its most likely simply the fact that you build defenses too close to the core.

Defenses nearby (especially Defenses who shoot at the Ogres) take aggro and Ogres will try walking to them on their way of destruction.

Therefore a suggestion could be to talk about Ogres pathing, since they often end up walking against the core.

Dont get me wrong here: Ogres can and will damage the Core if there are no defenses nearby, so... No Problem, your latest suggestion about them hitting the core has already been made ages ago. Honestly, you seem not to have tought the question about remooving Ogres core dmg to an end.

Have a nice day... -> Michili

Edit: If you look into mythologie, you will end up seeing that Ogres are dump but destructive, with both huge damage whilst being tanks. As said, they are dump so they get disturbed easily- that perfectly fits to the Ogres as they are right now.