Sign in to follow this  
ram1024

Hero deck serves no real purpose anymore

i agree i think the should have a character wheel, dpad to bring it up, right stick to select

What if its purpose was to limit a player to 4 heroes? Then isn't it technically doing exactly what it's supposed to do :thinking:

If nothing else, let us assign heroes to F1-F12 for use during build phases, then only F1-F4 are available during waves. It would make building much more efficient.

one thing to think of - any implemented solutions need to work across all platforms. So any solutions would need to account for controller inputs as well, so what the "F" keys do alone is not much of a reason for change. 

That said, i would love to see more heroes available from quick select in some way. A second hero wheel would be an amazing QoL change. Preset wheels/decks you can swap in and out are another great idea i saw on a thread. 

I kinda like the wheel option, but there might need to be a limit on the number of characters on it.  Maybe a sub-wheel.  man this can get complicated.

Overall I'd disagree with the idea if it weren't for us having the ability already to select any hero in our deck between waves.  Since we can use anyone we own between waves, at least make it convenient.

I could care less about more heroes during combat phase I only really use one hero during combat maybe two sometimes if in playing a character with bad mobility like the squire I will have a dryad or gunnwitch to switch to just to get around faster, but definitely need more quick slot heroes for build with onslaught and needing several different heroes it makes having to switch heroes in and out of my deck makes build phase take significantly longer then it should 

Lets go back to before we had a hero deck! 1 character only!

and for added measure lets make it the only character you can build with. want a different tower better bring a friend.

Seriously though

4 hotswap heroes works well for all platforms and is pretty damn balanced.

I can understand wanting faster browsing of all other characters to swap out during build phase however. The quick browse button helps but could be better.

I understand the basic idea about the 4 heroes limitation and since we are even allowed to swap in the middle of a combat phase, I don't find it bad at all.

Another solution would be 'the old fashioned way': Quick swap up to 12 heroes but no swap during combat phase. ...I think the current version is the better one. More heroes AND swapping during battle would be too much.

On the other hand I love the idea of wheels. A few years ago I kept suggesting quickchats combined with wheels. Stuff like

• Build

Build here

remove here

upgrade here

• Help

Help me here

They're breaking through here

• etc.

On PC this could be done easily by using specific keys. Console players (as well as PC players who prefer controller) could still use a quickchat wheel, similar to the wheel we had in DD1 when using the middle mouse button.

This would be a great QoL improvement. (although I'd say this is not even mid-priority)

We could be able to swap during building phase between 4 decks of heroes with 4 heroes each.
like, hold any key+F1 (or F2,F3,F4) to swap between decks. And F1,F2,F3,F4 to swap between heroes like it already is.
That's what i would like to see on the game.

The original heroes are just a handful, and the game has added more than double the amount of heroes. Still, we have just the same 4 quick slots. Because of the diversity of heroes we need at least a couple of more quickslots to compensate for it. 

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

I can understand wanting faster browsing of all other characters to swap out during build phase however. The quick browse button helps but could be better.

This is the real take away here. We want to improve the browsing for sure, it's on a list of stuff that we think needs attention, just not quite yet. Letting you know it's on the radar though! :)

it wasn't a big deal back when you had 1 map with 1 plan, then onslaught came around and made you come up with 12 plans per map :P

it's ONE of the many reasons that tenacity feels so good, because you bypass the tedium of needing to deal with that annoyance and you can go back to 1 plan

@LAWLTA quote:
@Nigiri_Toro quote:

This is the real take away here. We want to improve the browsing for sure, it's on a list of stuff that we think needs attention, just not quite yet. Letting you know it's on the radar though! :)

Does Trendy have a giant wishlist that includes all the changes TE would like to see from little issues to large?  Cause I'd love to see this thing.  

Guess you couldn't publish it though cause everyone would suddenly find their 1 thing and be up in arms that it isn't being fixed.  :P

@SpottierPower4-3 quote:

@LAWLTA quote:
@Nigiri_Toro quote:

Does Trendy have a giant wishlist that includes all the changes TE would like to see from little issues to large?  Cause I'd love to see this thing.  

Guess you couldn't publish it though cause everyone would suddenly find their 1 thing and be up in arms that it isn't being fixed.  :P

I'll give you a rundown of my personal list:

1. Pizza Wings

2. Pizza Hat

3. Stuff the community wants

@LAWLTA quote:

I'll give you a rundown of my personal list:

1. Pizza Wings

2. Pizza Hat

3. Stuff the community wants

YES!!!!!! SHARK PET IS NUMBER THREE!!!!!!!!    Jester_Forum_icon2.png

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

Lets go back to before we had a hero deck! 1 character only!

and for added measure lets make it the only character you can build with. want a different tower better bring a friend.

Seriously though

4 hotswap heroes works well for all platforms and is pretty damn balanced.

Know what would work for all platforms and wouldn't be difficult to code, assign 2 slots to each hot key. Push left for 1 hero. Push it again an alt hero. This would at least give us 8 heroes in our deck. Would make building in onslaught much easier.

Use F1-F4 as currently but assign WASD or up\down\left\right to each F key that way you could easily have up to 16 heroes to choose from in your quick select. The F-key + WASD becomes inactive during combat similar to inventory.

So you assign your combat heroes to default position say F-key and Up and the alt heroes to the other 3 positions.

I think a key is that we are not looking for multiple hero decks during combat. I think most of us can agree that one deck is more than enough during combat phase. So this means we are really talking about building phase only. If that is so, i think that it could be possible to use the skills button (L1 on PS4), so that holding that down now causes the 4 directional buttons to call up new heroes, and give us a second active accessible deck . I know that is easier said than done, but that is how i envision it happening. Others have given great ideas about how to do PC commands as well. When battle phase begins, the secondary deck would become locked out. 

In conjunction with that, i think preset decks are also a great idea. Allow us to fill out at least 3 decks, and then when we transition to and from each phase, we can quickly swap out one deck for another, instead of having to go through the whole roster and build the deck from scratch each time. 

Personally i do not find the "quick browse" feature very helpful and i never use it (mostly because i cannot set the order it shows in). The fact that we cannot reorg our hero order in the deck makes filling out the current deck a real chore. Not only can we not change it ourselves, but the game often changes the order. This means i spend way more time then i should be looking for the same 8 heroes during build phase, and the the same 4 heroes each combat phase. The tedium of all this menu searching detracts from the game IMO. 

TE has done such a great job promoting diversity in builds with the introduction of MODs, but now i think we need just a little support as players in accessing that flexibility more easily. More decks, and preset decks i think are a way to make building much more friendly and accessible. 

@LAWLTA quote:

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

One PS4, so this may not apply to PC.  Just allow us to reorder the characters we have.  Building would take far less time if I didn't have to search for characters.  I went so far as to recreate characters so they'd be in the desired order, but the update awhile back scrambled them all again.