Sign in to follow this  
InHumanErrections

C5 Setup

Hey fellow DD2 Players!

I recently started playing DD2 again and coming from C1 to C4 wasnt that hard of a Challenge but now I am in max. C4 Gear and still struggle with C5.

I am currently using the Dryads Trees and Nimbus with the Monks Air Defence but it really doesnt work as good as in the other Chaos tiers.

Is there like a better Tower/Defence Setup for C5?

Thanks in advance,

InHuman

I use sky guards, mystic walls, cannons with stunfire to wreak havoc on assassins. Ramsters to thin the herd so cannons can focus on cyborks and lady orcs. Hope this helps :)

@InHumanErrections quote:

Hey fellow DD2 Players!

I recently started playing DD2 again and coming from C1 to C4 wasnt that hard of a Challenge but now I am in max. C4 Gear and still struggle with C5.

I am currently using the Dryads Trees and Nimbus with the Monks Air Defence but it really doesnt work as good as in the other Chaos tiers.

Thanks in advance,

InHuman

I use basically the same setup. What you are missing is something like cannons to stop the deactivation and handle the lady orcs.

You can always go to Onslaught & gain some stronger gear there. Sometimes progressing in Onslaught is easier. It may take longer, but it's a smoother transition.

The key to making a layout for any tier is to know what enemy mix you will face. The two key units on C5 are that Cyborcs are back, and DAs have joined the party. Cyborcs are the top priority as they force your hand on what build you do - within reason. I say that because any defense with a top notch Tenacity MOD can alleviate this issue. However, if you are just on C5, it is unlikely you have many top notch MODs yet, or a lot of heroes and top gear. So the key is how to beat this with what gear you have. 

For Cyborcs - one of the best ways to handle them are Dryad Hornets. With some power and range built into these suckers, sprinkled with some extra Rate, they become very deadly, and are my top Cyborc counter. They can still be hit and stunned by their waves, so placement of the hive is critical to a good layout. Try not to place any that are in direct line of sight from the spawn point, so a new enemy could attack it from there. Just around a corner is a good place. 

If you don't have Dryad or the Hornets built up, remember that Crborcs do not aggro towers, so something like the Squire Cannonball (with Deadly Strikes in it) is very helpful. Place like 3-4 of these next to each other, and they can hold the Cyborc army back. A piercing MOD is very helpful on this tower as well to deal with geodes that show up in the same lane. 

Most of the rest of the units are nothing much to worry about. A single flame aura will wipe most of them out as long as you do not build it too close to the spawn point. 

Last note on DAs. These do not require you to build for them too much. Once they latch on, defenses will damage them. There are two keys to dealing with them. You either need to play as a hero with a lot of life point (i.e. Barb, Squire, LM) to absorb the attacks while your towers try to kill it, or you need a few towers that will instantly remove the DA. You can also equip a pet with Sparkle Party, as that will remove them too. The two towers best at removing DAs instantly are the Mystic Viper Fang bubble attack, and the Huntress Geyser Trap. If you do not use mystic barricades as your primary barricade, use the GT instead. Simply place one BEHIND your defenses, near where you are camping out. Anytime a DA latches on, just step on this trap, and it will come off right away. I say place it behind, because it will be easier to get to, and it will not be in the middle of charges due to enemy use. A cleaning station so to say. 

C6 and C7 are way easier as Cyborcs go away, so keep after it. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

The key to making a layout for any tier is to know what enemy mix you will face. The two key units on C5 are that Cyborcs are back, and DAs have joined the party. Cyborcs are the top priority as they force your hand on what build you do - within reason. I say that because any defense with a top notch Tenacity MOD can alleviate this issue. However, if you are just on C5, it is unlikely you have many top notch MODs yet, or a lot of heroes and top gear. So the key is how to beat this with what gear you have. 

For Cyborcs - one of the best ways to handle them are Dryad Hornets. With some power and range built into these suckers, sprinkled with some extra Rate, they become very deadly, and are my top Cyborc counter. They can still be hit and stunned by their waves, so placement of the hive is critical to a good layout. Try not to place any that are in direct line of sight from the spawn point, so a new enemy could attack it from there. Just around a corner is a good place. 

If you don't have Dryad or the Hornets built up, remember that Crborcs do not aggro towers, so something like the Squire Cannonball (with Deadly Strikes in it) is very helpful. Place like 3-4 of these next to each other, and they can hold the Cyborc army back. A piercing MOD is very helpful on this tower as well to deal with geodes that show up in the same lane. 

Most of the rest of the units are nothing much to worry about. A single flame aura will wipe most of them out as long as you do not build it too close to the spawn point. 

Last note on DAs. These do not require you to build for them too much. Once they latch on, defenses will damage them. There are two keys to dealing with them. You either need to play as a hero with a lot of life point (i.e. Barb, Squire, LM) to absorb the attacks while your towers try to kill it, or you need a few towers that will instantly remove the DA. You can also equip a pet with Sparkle Party, as that will remove them too. The two towers best at removing DAs instantly are the Mystic Viper Fang bubble attack, and the Huntress Geyser Trap. If you do not use mystic barricades as your primary barricade, use the GT instead. Simply place one BEHIND your defenses, near where you are camping out. Anytime a DA latches on, just step on this trap, and it will come off right away. I say place it behind, because it will be easier to get to, and it will not be in the middle of charges due to enemy use. A cleaning station so to say. 

C6 and C7 are way easier as Cyborcs go away, so keep after it. 

Jaws, I believe if we put all your help/how to posts together, we'd have a pretty decent foundation for a player manual.

@InHumanErrections quote:

Hey fellow DD2 Players!

Thanks in advance,

InHuman

After the tenacity fix, I began having troubles with cyborks, but something someone did in town one time gave me an idea for this which ended up working for me.

Behold!  My elite paint skills.

https://imgur.com/hLv1wkM

You can still cope with cyborks as the monk by placing flame auras like in the crude drawing above.

Let me know if the pic doesn't make any sense and I'll explain further.

The cyborks' angle of attack follow the blue arrows.

Instead of 1 cybork shot shooting down your entire row of centered auras and disabling them all, the cybork shoots to the first aura he comes to which sends the blast off the side of the lane.

I'm relatively overpowered for C5 though, so your mileage may vary.

@SpottierPower4-3 quote:
You can still cope with cyborks as the monk by placing flame auras like in the crude drawing above.

My good chum, that overlapping donut MSPaint is an MSmasterpiece, do not doubt yourself!

Olcm7Lk.png

@SpottierPower4-3 quote: 

Jaws, I believe if we put all your help/how to posts together, we'd have a pretty decent foundation for a player manual.

Thanks!!!!

After the tenacity fix, I began having troubles with cyborks, but something someone did in town one time gave me an idea for this which ended up working for me.

Behold!  My elite paint skills.

https://imgur.com/hLv1wkM

Let me know if the pic doesn't make any sense and I'll explain further.

The cyborks' angle of attack follow the blue arrows.

Instead of 1 cybork shot shooting down your entire row of centered auras and disabling them all, the cybork shoots to the first aura he comes to which sends the blast off the side of the lane.

I'm relatively overpowered for C5 though, so your mileage may vary.

Yes, you can definitely still battle Cyborcs with auras. Trick is to either use mad amounts of range, so that the middle aura pole is not in their wave range, or to put so many auras down, that they cannot stun them all at once - which is the tactic i think you are using. I will only add to that that i also use this setup - but only when i am massively OP for the stage, because my auras kill them so quick. For someone new to C5, they may not have that power, and the enemy could blast their auras if they are not dying quick enough, especially if they spawn in a big pack, which they tend to do. But hey, with the right shards and MODs, really any setup could be possible now. MODs give us that freedom in our builds, so there is no one right answer. Thanks for adding your idea as well. 

Awesome paint job. Beat my skills, ha ha ha.